Art Bell's Non-compete contract has expired

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 01-11-2013 09:07 PM

HB3 wrote: Oh, well, pretty easy, I guess. He'd be working from home. If he was actually into it, it probably wouldn't seem much like "work."

He's probably one of the few guys who could go independent and have it work. But he'd probably be swamped with a lot of insanity.
You mean like this: http://www.campusreform.org/blog/?ID=4564 ?
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

HB3

Post by HB3 » 01-11-2013 09:10 PM

I guess. I was actually thinking of all the stuff he went through w/ David John Oates.

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 01-11-2013 09:15 PM

The reverse speech guy? Didn't he reverse Art? I never heard those 'reversals'.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 01-12-2013 04:58 AM

FYI FFolks, you can see the original statement Squid quoted in post #41 as submitted by Art himself at coastgab.com, a forum with a notoriously and rabidly anti-Noory and pro-Bell general populace...

Thinking of it, I find it somewhat telling he chose to elaborate on his Facebook revelation there, rather than follow-up at FF2 - considering it in no way is comparable with the now-defunct 'Nighthawk Zone' in its collective (and STRICTLY enforced!) adoration for George, at the same time our erstwhile companions' chosen abode is hardly a hub of FAB (F an of Art Bell) activity these days is it? Not to say it ever was, apart from maybe Shirleypal's presence - and THEN so far as who-all is carrying the nighty C2C torch is concerned? It's pretty much down to racehorse's solitary commentaries on the show -

Bottom line: There's really no ringing endorsement or condemnation of George, OR praise for Art to be found there. IMHO it's kinda tough to characterize the "crowd" over at II these days as being anything but unhealthily thinned out - whereas, perhaps not by the STARKEST of contrasts, and while by no stretch of the imagination is the original article operating OVER capacity, as time goes on we have managed to maintain a reasonably sized nucleus of FFolks ranging from regular to fairly-active here, along with a decent collection in close or near-enough orbit posting from time to time...

Even so, before 'migrating' to II and interacting exclusively for a while with the crew there, so much as over the years Art HAD been leaving 'mysterious and reassuring' personal proclamations for his fan base to track here? The fact is, far fewer Pirates are coming on board than before and along with that there's a whole lot less extended discussion relative to C2C to be found on the ship's decks than there was in halcyon days - consequently the FF's rep as 'THE' go-to fansite for show related news and info has receded into memory.

Over at Coastgab, though, things've been AND are humming right along, and not only that it's more or less ALL ABOUT the show there - either how Noory sucks, or how much better Art WAS AND IS - and if you've already clicked-through the link in my first paragraph and read the responses in the thread, you've already seen how well-received his message was... in addition, the site admin verifies the authenticity of the post!

So then, beyond Facebook, what better place to further fan the flames of fervent fan interest, eh? Seems to me if indeed he's seriously considering a return, a timely post at the Web's premiere Bell-loving, Noory-loathing forum would be a calculated move on Art's part in that very direction.

Ziroc
Pirate

*Who loves Art Bell!* -- raises flag.. in HAND!!

Post by Ziroc » 01-12-2013 06:13 AM

Oh, I can speak up on what a POS Georgie is (was). heh....
(and how amazing Art Bell is)

I tried to listen to him at the beginning.. He sounded like such a noob, and I was like 'I'll give him some time', but I mainly listened to Art. And when he left coast, I did as well.. I stopped paying for stream link when he went monthly.. (it was at an end at that time anyway.. Art dropped subtle hints many times.

What is SO funny is I happened to hear Georgie on the air a few months ago or so and was just wondering if he would sound more mature.. more seasoned with the topics. NOPE.. It still sounded like he was reading off a list of questions from Premiere.

It was actually worse than I remembered it. I heard he was fired, or something? If so, its too late PR.. YOUR way did not work.

Art Bell knew how to shape a good story.. good entertainment as well as work the right callers.. he would know when a call is going stale after just a few words from lame callers, and wrap them up fast, or dump them for a better caller. People don't want to be bored. He shaped the show in many ways.. many are not even seen.. It was his show when he ran it.

This IMO was a MUCH larger AB Fan site. May still BE! I know many have left the forums or have just been away due to Art being off the air. Total Understandable. My postings slowed 96% since Art left.. But If AB comes back, I know many members will return, and we'll have the nightly/weekly live show thread running crazy! :)

All he needs is an ISDN line and a contract.. SiriusXM would LOVE to have him, but their contracts are a pain in the ass.. Ask Howard... heh.

All he WANTS is to run the show from home(s). no long-term contract. none or rare commercials and freedom to talk about and share his views without worrying about the 'suits' getting mad.

I mean, Clear Channel has single handedly killed radio. In EVERY market its the same clone, the same DJ morning show feel. No real competition anymore since all these major corp's simply don't need to compete... No competition means less creative ideas.. (i.e. PR)

I hope he returns for one.. Heck, I'd help him with designing his new website and forum! (Unless Keith is still around).

When radio is in your blood, one never truly quits.
I'd be watching out for http://www.artbell.com to suddenly be active again! about time, eh?

Cheers,

Z
Last edited by Ziroc on 01-12-2013 06:44 AM, edited 1 time in total.
Ziroc™
"I thought there was no Chill town!" - Howie Gordon - BB6/BB7 AS

Ziroc
Pirate

Post by Ziroc » 01-12-2013 06:34 AM

Whats new if AB came back would be instant news.. trending topics etc.. He'd be watching trends about UFO sitings and could cover it LIVE. in real time! Unlike the few hour delay or days..

I dunno if the current C2C does this.. Since it requires intelligence, I would expect not.

TOP Topics he wants to cover:

1. MAJOR Weather changes around the planet.
2. Height of Solar Cycle 24 (This year 2013)
3. REAL Science, the latest on higgs boson being found..etc..
4. UFOs and Paranormal news. Ancient Alien ideas and Ghost stories etc..
5. 100% Unscreened Calls!

Cheers,

Z
Ziroc™

Ziroc
Pirate

Post by Ziroc » 01-12-2013 06:54 AM

I did a whois on artbell's website name (with his .com)
Info says he still owns it. It's paid up till 2015. And Keith Rowland still controls the DNS. NICE.

--------------------
artbell.com
IP Address:
1.1.1.1 (ARIN & RIPE IP search)
Record Type: Domain Name
Server Type: Indeterminate
Lock Status: clientDeleteProhibited

AboutUs: ARTBELL.COM
Registrant:

Bell, Art
XXXXXXXXX (removed by ziroc)
Pahrump, NV 89041-4755 US

Domain Name: ARTBELL.COM
Administrative Contact :
Bell, Art
[email protected]
XXXXXXXXX (removed by ziroc)
PAHRUMP, NV 89041-4755
US
Phone: XXXXXXXXX (removed by ziroc)

Technical Contact :
Rowland, Keith **

XXXXXX (removed by ziroc)
MESA, AZ

US
Phone: XXXXXXXXXXXX (removed by ziroc)
Fax: XXXXXXXXXXXX (removed by ziroc)

Record expires on 13-Apr-2015
Record created on 12-Apr-1997

Database last updated on 21-Mar-2006
Domain servers in listed order:

Manage DNS

NS1.ROWLANDNET.COM 216.216.113.77
NS2.ROWLANDNET.COM
Ziroc™

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 01-12-2013 09:13 AM

Originally posted by Riddick - response in green by Dale O Sea

FYI FFolks, you can see the original statement Squid quoted in post #41 as submitted by Art himself at coastgab.com, a forum with a notoriously and rabidly anti-Noory and pro-Bell general populace...

Coastgab is an awesome forum for Art Bell Fans. Many there were here at one time. Mike ..Michael, Van..something..Vandeven? whatever..he's great and has posted here a few times. He does a fun podcast a couple times a year too, heh. If I were still a C2C listener, I'd be there every day as they have a very active and engaged community - not unlike us in the day. I'm coasted2astop there now, btw. I should go check them out..

Thinking of it, I find it somewhat telling he chose to elaborate on his Facebook revelation there, rather than follow-up at FF2 - considering it in no way is comparable with the now-defunct 'Nighthawk Zone' in its collective (and STRICTLY enforced!) adoration for George, at the same time our erstwhile companions' chosen abode is hardly a hub of FAB (F an of Art Bell) activity these days is it? Not to say it ever was, apart from maybe Shirleypal's presence - and THEN so far as who-all is carrying the nighty C2C torch is concerned? It's pretty much down to racehorse's solitary commentaries on the show -

Bottom line: There's really no ringing endorsement or condemnation of George, OR praise for Art to be found there. IMHO it's kinda tough to characterize the "crowd" over at II these days as being anything but unhealthily thinned out - whereas, perhaps not by the STARKEST of contrasts, and while by no stretch of the imagination is the original article operating OVER capacity, as time goes on we have managed to maintain a reasonably sized nucleus of FFolks ranging from regular to fairly-active here, along with a decent collection in close or near-enough orbit posting from time to time...

Even so, before 'migrating' to II and interacting exclusively for a while with the crew there, so much as over the years Art HAD been leaving 'mysterious and reassuring' personal proclamations for his fan base to track here? The fact is, far fewer Pirates are coming on board than before and along with that there's a whole lot less extended discussion relative to C2C to be found on the ship's decks than there was in halcyon days - consequently the FF's rep as 'THE' go-to fansite for show related news and info has receded into memory.

OH! I was confusing your II with Sean's IntoInfinity board, which sort of took over for badboy's old nighthawkzone after it collapsed under the weight of bragboy's ego. I'm not registered there (the ff2.com), and I seldom have any occasion to mention them, but I like to refer to those folks as the Deuce. It fits their title and sounds like..well, you know. ;)

Looks like Art wants to avoid the whole FF split debacle to me. I can't say as I blame him - or that I'm not a little disappointed. But you gotta go where the fans are. I hear that all the time in the context of facebook. I'm glad I have no fans to oblige with a fb presence.
:p

Over at Coastgab, though, things've been AND are humming right along, and not only that it's more or less ALL ABOUT the show there - either how Noory sucks, or how much better Art WAS AND IS - and if you've already clicked-through the link in my first paragraph and read the responses in the thread, you've already seen how well-received his message was... in addition, the site admin verifies the authenticity of the post!

So then, beyond Facebook, what better place to further fan the flames of fervent fan interest, eh? Seems to me if indeed he's seriously considering a return, a timely post at the Web's premiere Bell-loving, Noory-loathing forum would be a calculated move on Art's part in that very direction.

Sounds like you may have been right about Art going to war w/Coast. Sounds like he's on the attack now, fact.
[size=0]"Question everything, especially your media and their motives. -Me[/size]

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Re: *Who loves Art Bell!* -- raises flag.. in HAND!!

Post by Dale O Sea » 01-12-2013 09:43 AM

Ziroc - [color=#33CC00]and I did the Green thing again -Dale O Sea[/color] wrote: Oh, I can speak up on what a POS Georgie is (was). heh....
(and how amazing Art Bell is)

I tried to listen to him at the beginning.. He sounded like such a noob, and I was like 'I'll give him some time', but I mainly listened to Art. And when he left coast, I did as well.. I stopped paying for stream link when he went monthly.. (it was at an end at that time anyway.. Art dropped subtle hints many times.

What is SO funny is I happened to hear Georgie on the air a few months ago or so and was just wondering if he would sound more mature.. more seasoned with the topics. NOPE.. It still sounded like he was reading off a list of questions from Premiere.

It was actually worse than I remembered it. I heard he was fired, or something? If so, its too late PR.. YOUR way did not work.

I don't know how many '2nd' chances I've given to noory, all with the same results as your attempt. He's a nice guy but not why I turn on Coast - he's caused me to turn it off tho, many times. Listening to Art caused problems for me too - staying up listening and not sleeping.

Art Bell knew how to shape a good story.. good entertainment as well as work the right callers.. he would know when a call is going stale after just a few words from lame callers, and wrap them up fast, or dump them for a better caller. People don't want to be bored. He shaped the show in many ways.. many are not even seen.. It was his show when he ran it.

This IMO was a MUCH larger AB Fan site. May still BE! I know many have left the forums or have just been away due to Art being off the air. Total Understandable. My postings slowed 96% since Art left.. But If AB comes back, I know many members will return, and we'll have the nightly/weekly live show thread running crazy! :)

We could use a few more posting around here..away from the P&G deck. The old Original Radio Room would spring back to life if Art gets a show, I betcha. :)

All he needs is an ISDN line and a contract.. SiriusXM would LOVE to have him, but their contracts are a pain in the ass.. Ask Howard... heh. He don't need any stinking contracts - or onerous sponsors. Art should be as unfettered as possible. No call screeners, no directors/producers, no side-kicks, no family..I'd even kick the cats out of the studio, heh. I want the previous pure and hungry Art Bell back on the airwaves (via podcast).

All he WANTS is to run the show from home(s). no long-term contract. none or rare commercials and freedom to talk about and share his views without worrying about the 'suits' getting mad.

I mean, Clear Channel has single handedly killed radio. In EVERY market its the same clone, the same DJ morning show feel. No real competition anymore since all these major corp's simply don't need to compete... No competition means less creative ideas.. (i.e. PR)

Clear Channel/Premium Radio sure cured me. I liked to play talk radio all the time but never do now. I've moved on to listening to podcasts - mostly done by amateurs, not experienced pros like Noory, hah - and way better.

I hope he returns for one.. Heck, I'd help him with designing his new website and forum! (Unless Keith is still around).

When radio is in your blood, one never truly quits.
I'd be watching out for http://www.artbell.com to suddenly be active again! about time, eh?

Cheers,

Z

Great work and fine comments Ziroc - and nice seeing ya! Thanks for stopping by. :wave:
[size=0]"Question everything, especially your media and their motives. -Me[/size]

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 01-12-2013 09:55 AM

Originally posted by Dale O Sea
OH! I was confusing your II with Sean's IntoInfinity board, which sort of took over for badboy's old nighthawkzone after it collapsed under the weight of bragboy's ego. I'm not registered there (the ff2.com), and I seldom have any occasion to mention them, but I like to refer to those folks as the Deuce. It fits their title and sounds like..well, you know. ;)
Sorry about creating a source of befuddlement Dale - at the same time, would you believe you've helped ME see Squid's original reference properly?

Reminds me of years ago at my first job out of college, I had a poster hanging in my cubicle of a great ape looking kind of lost, with the caption "I think, therefore I am confused" -

I'm older now and maybe wisdom does come with age, but even now at times I do find "2" and "II" don't always make four! :eek: :D

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 01-12-2013 10:22 AM

Riddick wrote: Sorry about creating a source of befuddlement Dale - at the same time, would you believe you've helped ME see Squid's original reference properly?

Reminds me of years ago at my first job out of college, I had a poster hanging in my cubicle of a great ape looking kind of lost, with the caption "I think, therefore I am confused" -

I'm older now and maybe wisdom does come with age, but even now at times I do find "2" and "II" don't always make four! :eek: :D
:lol: Yeah, I guess the OP had me thinking IntoInfinity first..I'm a member there and could check that but doubt I do. One Coast forum seems to be enough for me now - overkill, actually, since I'm not a listener anymore and am bored critiquing noory.

Ah, well, now that we've got all the readers confused we're at least on the same page. :rolleyes: :hugesmile

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 01-12-2013 10:58 AM

Ah,man! Sorry ---

Yeah the credit for my post goes to Skookum over at Sean_in_Montreal's forum, Into Infinity (II) - not 'The Deuce' .... :cool:

Here's my take on the split nature of the community:
  • Into Infinity has the most active & fun almost-live segment
  • IW has tons of good Art Bell style content (paranormal, crypto-zoology, UFOlogy, alternative history, etc) going back ages, and Alpha and the gang are always willing to go exploring
  • sounds like CoastGab has good content on the current show
  • Fantastic Forum is strong in P&G, conspiracy, a with a wide array of topics filling in the gaps. Of course, deep in the holds of the Fantastic ship the most compelling Archive (for C2C topics/history) on the web can be found. Thanks to Project, we have deposited a copy of that treasure in our own version of Oak Island (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oak_Island) to ensure it's survival.
  • ff2 ? I have no clue why it exists. I guess at every party you end up with three or four people who decide to grab twelve pack & hang out in a locked closet or something as a desperate attempt to generate curiosity and appear above the iniquity of the party itself. :cool:
This split is unfortunate in my opinion, but that is how it panned out. There are incredible posters on all of the C2C forums and it's easy to imagine (or go back and read the FF archives) how awesomely compelling a single forum would be with all of these posters contributing.

I think FF was and is fair in it's response to all C2C hosts - most of all Art Bell. FF was and is a ship of frank discussion & honest assesments. Many times we praised Art *very* highly, as he well deserved. At other times we wondered, questioned, criticized, complained, and doubted... when it felt right to do so. In other words, there was and is no 'facade' here. We are fans of a gifted & compelling interviewer, and all of his radio endeavors. We will continue sailing for Art Bell in any capacity we can, and I hope we deliver more of the same highly opinionated, unconditional commentary.

@Ziroc - Great stuff, thanks for posting!
Last edited by SquidInk on 01-12-2013 12:31 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 01-12-2013 12:02 PM

SquidInk wrote:
  • ff2 ? I have no clue why it exists. I guess at every party you end up with three or four people who decide to grab twelve pack & hang out in a locked closet or something as a desperate attempt to generate curiosity and appear above the iniquity of the party itself. :cool:
Hanging out in a locked closet? Hey, that's swell! Still there nealry 2 years later, the twelve pack long gone - oh well. I wonder if any of the folks (who are still active) at "The Deuce" ever look back at the exodus and scratch their heads - as it is, I'm registered there under the original handle I used here (Justen Tyme) and interestingly enough?

Despite being something of a latecomer, never putting a helluva lot of active 'Tyme' in there at ANY point, and having cut back on online socializing in general terms these last some months (not quite so much here though :)), since the site started I've still managed little by little to rack up enough posts to rank in the FF2's Top Ten, pulling ahead of Joolz and EVEN "Mister Warmth" himself -

Mind you I'm not saying less Rombaldi is a bad thing! IMHO, ANY forum would be better off without him - In any case, looks to me their "forum of choice" is way more than enough for our former shipmates...

If indeed going nowhere was the intent behind the move? I'd say the place is a resounding success.

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Just tymely

Post by Dale O Sea » 01-12-2013 12:07 PM

I see a banning in your future..:fortune:

Or at least a stern cold shoulder.

:crazyjump

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 01-12-2013 12:42 PM

Riddick wrote: Hanging out in a locked closet? Hey, that's swell! Still there nealry 2 years later, the twelve pack long gone - oh well. I wonder if any of the folks (who are still active) at "The Deuce" ever look back at the exodus and scratch their heads - as it is, I'm registered there under the original handle I used here (Justen Tyme) and interestingly enough?

Despite being something of a latecomer, never putting a helluva lot of active 'Tyme' in there at ANY point, and having cut back on online socializing in general terms these last some months (not quite so much here though :)), since the site started I've still managed little by little to rack up enough posts to rank in the FF2's Top Ten, pulling ahead of Joolz and EVEN "Mister Warmth" himself -

Mind you I'm not saying less Rombaldi is a bad thing! IMHO, ANY forum would be better off without him - In any case, looks to me their "forum of choice" is way more than enough for our former shipmates...

If indeed going nowhere was the intent behind the move? I'd say the place is a resounding success.

I believe I mentioned my foray to the FFII (because I heard that moniker from George) was because of listening to C2C. I had never blogged/posted before and for some reason decided to check the site out. Once I signed in I realized there was another FF (the original) and I began reading about all of the prior history.

The fangs there came out IMMEDIATELY when I entered the Politics deck. It was female and it was nasty - several actually. Immediately I realized this was a clique and absolutely no other opinions other than theirs were welcome. It wasn't just the disagreement but rather the vitriol. I get impassioned opinions but it did make me curious as to how one could build upon new folks coming on and just sort of tip toeing in the water and immediately off with their heads.

Frankly I found the FF history piquing my interest and signed up and in here.

Don't ask me why but as private as I am I feel comfortable here. I feel sort of funny sometimes (feel like a stalker) when I comment about "well where is so and so" It's just that you sort of get a sense of someone, enjoy their camaraderie and writings and then they are gone - you just hope they are OK.

Speaking of that - RA "come on down".;)

Boy have I rambled:(
A man's character is his fate

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”