Art Bell's Non-compete contract has expired

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 12-10-2012 05:20 PM

I believe it was Feb 24, 2007. Art said on the air (after a heated exchange with a 'truther') that if he ever found strong evidence that the US Gov knew about & chose not to intervene, or participated in the tragedies of 9/11 he would leave the country.

So he believed/believes very strongly in the official account of those events. If he discovered that the official story, or elements of that story are false, then he would have suffered from a massive disillusionment. If the official account is true, then the realization that a huge portion of his audience was speaking in nearly heretical terms against the US Government, and that his own show had spent years fostering, validating, and indeed profiting to some extent from the very same 'wingnut' worldview would have likely been just as unacceptable.

All of this on the heels of the Hale Bopp and Y2K debacles, and of course not forgetting the various lawsuits, and the passing of his partner - it's a lot to absorb.

That's just a guess. But the wingnut thing was a turning point of some sort - no different than Zuckerberg referring to the people who use his website as dumbf*cks for giving up their privacy to him. It's an event horizon. Once we crossed it(Art and the listeners), we could never go back.

[EDIT: Turns out it was February 14th not the 24th, 2007]
Last edited by SquidInk on 12-10-2012 05:50 PM, edited 1 time in total.
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 12-10-2012 05:42 PM

http://rense.com/general75/artbell.htm
''On many occasions Art you said that you could never believe your government would ever be involved or behind with getting 3000 people killed in the twin towers''

''That's right Kathy and I still don't.''

I interrupted and said ''Well, Art, it's not Our government anymore! It hasn't been for a long time!''

Art immediately cut me off. But since I was taping the show, I got to hear the rest of what he had to say to me...

"And if you believed that, Kathy, I gotta wonder why are you still here!? There are plenty of flights leaving the United States. Plane fares are quite reasonable now!

If I believed for one minute my government was involved in any way, I'd go back to Manila, and stay there. I would not live in a country that would do that to its own citizens. I'd be so gone, Kathy.''
Last edited by SquidInk on 12-10-2012 05:59 PM, edited 1 time in total.
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

maxaman25
Pirate

Here's another cool thing.

Post by maxaman25 » 12-10-2012 07:01 PM

First I'm surprised he even responded to my email. Maybe he's getting less and less the longer he stays away from radio?

But here is something he apparently has automatically come up at the bottom of every email he sends. I think it's really funny:

"PRIVILEGE AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This e-mail is confidential and should not be used by anyone who is not the original intended recipient.

It should not be photocopied, transmitted via walkie-talkie, CB radio, satellite dish, cable TV, overhead projector, smoke signal, Morse code, pig Latin, sign language, short hand, or any other means. This e-mail is under no circumstances to be translated into French. This e-mail is not to be ridiculed, mocked, judged in a competition, or read aloud in funny accents while wearing fake mustaches and/or hats of any sort including, but not limited to, bandanas. Do not taunt or provoke this e-mail. People taking certain prescription medications may experience nausea, dizziness, hysteria, vomiting, and temporary loss of short term memory while reading this e-mail. Please consult your physician before reading this e-mail. All models depicted in this email are 18 years of age or older.

If you have received this e-mail in error, it's probably because I am so consumed by self-importance that I wasn't paying any attention to whom I addressed it."

Doesn't it make you miss Art's sense of humor?
Last edited by maxaman25 on 12-10-2012 07:05 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 12-10-2012 09:43 PM

Fan wrote: I am sure he has been offered significant money to do what George is now doing, host a TV show on a crappy network talking about aliens or some such thing.

I have to assume he is sufficiently wealthy to live the lifestyle he wants, so what is the motivation? He has never been a publicity hound, he just doesn't have the need to go back to it (even though we would love to hear your voice Art :) ).
Along with his voice, It'd be cool to see him too - Besides TV shows, I wonder if's he's also had any offers to once again play pitchman for commerical products? Ads pay good, and don't involve a lot of work -

C'mon Art, retirement doesn't have to mean you still can't spend a little time in front of the mic and cameras. Hey now! It's light on your schedule, and no doubt lucrative - Think about it... You've already had have some fun with foil, eh? :D --

maxaman25
Pirate

Riddick

Post by maxaman25 » 12-10-2012 09:54 PM

Riddick....the man is done. He's pushing 70. He's rich. He has a million hobbies and interests. He has a beautiful wife and a beautiful young daughter. He'd be crazy to come back!

If he was gonna do something he would have done it by now. I heard him talking to his ham buddies more than 6 years ago. He was talking with a trucker. The trucker said he always loved trucking but after 30 years he had gotten tired of it. Art responded..."yea no matter what you do, even if you love it, you eventually get tired of it".

The man is done. All good things must come to an end my friend.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 12-10-2012 10:05 PM

Hey Now Max, have no worries about Yours Truly here. I'm NOT deluding myself...

Still, if indeed Art's not at all interested in finding any fun outside of what-all he's doing in retirement, I figure I CAN still kid around about it and amuse myself (and maybe some other folks at the same time!)

Good to have some sensahumor about these things, knowhutImean?

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 12-11-2012 04:38 AM

Originally said by Art Bell
The show has become sad now and I wish my name was no longer associated with it.
Maybe it is NOW but we have all of HIS ACTUAL SHOWS we can listen to THAT ARE SO MUCH BETTER!! (He really should be glad of that)

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 12-12-2012 01:16 AM

I'm pushing 70, too... and I can't walk far these days. But if someone offered ME a chance to host a radio show, I'd take it; I can laugh & joke & jive with all the rest of you. You rarely ever get to see my comic-side, here.
ImageIf you're still breathing, it's not too late!

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 12-12-2012 06:19 PM

Riddick wrote: Hey Now Max, have no worries about Yours Truly here. I'm NOT deluding myself...

Still, if indeed Art's not at all interested in finding any fun outside of what-all he's doing in retirement, I figure I CAN still kid around about it and amuse myself (and maybe some other folks at the same time!)

Good to have some sensahumor about these things, knowhutImean?

MAJOR voidance:D
A man's character is his fate

cartooncool
Pirate

Post by cartooncool » 01-09-2013 12:47 AM

Art just posted the following on his Facebook wall:

"As of today Premiere Radio confirmed that my Non-compete contract is over and I am a free agent. Stay tuned."

Good news I think.

dollarmtn
Pirate

Post by dollarmtn » 01-09-2013 12:49 AM

Cartooncool, I was just coming to post that. Raise the Jolly Roger Captain, ****s about to get real! Arrrrrgh!
dollarmtn

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away. " ~ Henry David Thoreau

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 01-09-2013 12:53 AM

This is interesting.

Thanks for the headsup Dollarmtn. :cool:
[size=0]"Question everything, especially your media and their motives. -Me[/size]

dollarmtn
Pirate

Post by dollarmtn » 01-09-2013 12:53 AM

dollarmtn

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away. " ~ Henry David Thoreau

dollarmtn
Pirate

Post by dollarmtn » 01-09-2013 12:56 AM

Dale O Sea wrote: This is interesting.

Thanks for the headsup Dollarmtn. :cool:

Cartooncool beat me to the punch. But I stepped outside about an hour ago, and the coyotes were howling on the high desert of Idaho, and I knew something was up. Came back in and saw Arts post. Lightning strikes, thunder rolls .....
dollarmtn

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 01-09-2013 01:41 AM

dollarmtn wrote: Cartooncool beat me to the punch. But I stepped outside about an hour ago, and the coyotes were howling on the high desert of Idaho, and I knew something was up. Came back in and saw Arts post. Lightning strikes, thunder rolls .....
Tweeted and Plussed and Reddited :D

Thanks again cartooncool and dollarmtn. Any time!
[size=0]"Question everything, especially your media and their motives. -Me[/size]

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”