Premrad Ignoring Art's SIT Request

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 08-22-2012 08:14 AM

From
Give 'em hell, Bell! Art Bell set to unleash as Premiere radio ignores his requests
at horrorreport.com:
THE PREMIERE BATTLE! ART BELL VS COAST TO COAST AM?

DIRTY LITTLE SECRETS SET TO BE TOLD?

Once again, Art Bell took to his Facebook page and his words caused an internet firestorm. No, he didn't accidentally put a message on about liver cancer, but instead he very purposely sent a final warning to Premiere Radio Networks. Judging from his words, he has a story to tell, and one they may not want fans of Coast to Coast AM to hear.

Art Bell wrote this from his antenna farm home in Pahrump NV:
  • I am just about ready to tell the real story of my so called "Retirements" I have asked Premiere to stop the Saturday Broadcasts and thus far they have not done so as is there legal right. Free speech remains my right, I will soon exercise it.
Dirty little secrets apparently known?

Weeks ago, Art Bell asked Premiere Radio to stop airing the Saturday 'Somewhere in time' show that broadcasts weekly. Thus far, the network has ignored calls to take the program off the air.

Already hundreds of fans of Bell have already commented on Facebook as to what his words mean. Some fans even questioned Art's motives, with one suggesting he is simply trying to create drama and get attention.

One person wrote,
  • Art has been dangling carrots for YEARS now. Please understand I kinda worship Art. I am just getting so weary of it. I hope we get some sort of closure but we won't
Yet another message posted on Bell's Facebook page said this:
  • I KNEW IT! You were forced out of Coast because you likely rebelled against the total commercialization of the show. FIGHT Art FIGHT! Make a comeback in the Art Bell format and watch Coast fade into memory.
At this point, it is obviously unclear where Art Bell may eventually vent his frustrations. Could he do it with mobile messages on Facebook? Maybe. But common sense may say that if he loves radio to the degree he does, it may be his voice we eventually hear.

An interesting point on his words. He mentioned "retirements." Art Bell has retired from the show on several occasions. His final broadcast was Ghost to Ghost AM on Halloween, 2010. Around December, Bell made it clear that he would not come back to Coast to Coast AM by putting a sign on his webcam that read, "The wind no longer blows, in the End it was Without Direction. Long live the Hot Air. 30"

Since then Noory and others have seemed to avoid questions on why Art Bell left. Noory at one point seemed to hint that he Bell is 'hanging it up' because of his age or because he is tired.

And now this: Art Bell's new message on Facebook which seems to threaten to air the dirty laundry of Coast to Coast AM, big time radio, and why exactly he left the stage in 2010. It could get very exciting. If Premiere wants to save face and save themselves from embarrassment, perhaps they'll end "Somewhere in time."

Lots of people hope that regardless of what Premiere does, Art Bell will tell the real story of why he left... and just maybe come back again in some way--clearly if a comeback occurred, it would not be on Coast to Coast AM.

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 08-22-2012 08:56 AM

Thanks Riddick. A good review of current situation but nothing in there we, or at lease I didn't already know - and I don't do fb, as a rule. Those comments cited (not Art's) are one reason why..substance to noise ratio is too high.

Too bad Art hasn't posted about this here on the FF as he used to. Many don't/won't use that fb site for various reasons but still read here.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 08-22-2012 02:24 PM

All very interesting, I would love to hear Art's full take on all of this... unfortunately he was waylaid by some rogues.

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 08-22-2012 03:32 PM

I feel bad for ART if they fired him FOR ANY REASON as he was one of the best!!!!!!

Do you think he will get back on Fan??

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 08-22-2012 03:37 PM

Back on the air? Honestly, no I don't think so. Back on the FF? One can only hope.

CoastZone
Pirate

Post by CoastZone » 08-22-2012 07:30 PM

Dude111 wrote: I feel bad for ART if they fired him FOR ANY REASON as he was one of the best!!!!!!

Do you think he will get back on Fan??

I feel the reason he is on Facebook is to keep his fans up to date. He must have grown weary of forums...especially the bickering between some.

There were also impostors on Facebook that he shut down rather quickly.

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 08-22-2012 07:37 PM

Fan wrote: Back on the air? Honestly, no I don't think so. Back on the FF? One can only hope.
Yea i was talking about getting back on air BUT I WOULD LOVE SEEING HIM COME BACK HERE ALSO!!

CoastZone
Pirate

Post by CoastZone » 08-23-2012 08:11 AM

Dude111 wrote: Yea i was talking about getting back on air BUT I WOULD LOVE SEEING HIM COME BACK HERE ALSO!!
I don't see him ever returning to Coast to Coast. However, from the few conversations I have had with Art, I know he is considering other options.

He wouldn't go into further details.

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 08-23-2012 11:27 AM

Yes i think they were mean to him,tired of the threats,etc....

Art used to get VERY GOOD RATINGS and people were jealous i think,etc........ I know Art was threatend @ least 2 times for stuff he was discussing....

Just seems like Art is very unhappy now.... (With the world the way its gone,I DONT BLAME HIM)

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”