Art Bell Soundtrack

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

DeathValleyScotty
Pirate

Art Bell Soundtrack

Post by DeathValleyScotty » 08-01-2011 02:12 AM

Well, there's been a lot of changes since I was last here. I guess I should check back more often.

An idea came to me the other night. We all know that Crystal Gayle's Midnight In The Desert is one of those Art Bell songs that when you hear it, you can't help but NOT think of Art.

My idea is to develop a list of songs that:
1. Might abstractly apply to Art or his show.
2. Were seldom played, if at all, on his show.
3. His bumper music doesn't count (i.e. Moody Blues Ride My See-Saw)

I'll start with the first two and I think you'll get the idea.

Pilot of the Airwaves - Charlie Dore

We Don't Talk Anymore - Cliff Richard
None of us is as smart as ALL of us...

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Re: Art Bell Soundtrack

Post by Dale O Sea » 08-01-2011 06:43 AM

DeathValleyScotty wrote: Well, there's been a lot of changes since I was last here. I guess I should check back more often.

An idea came to me the other night. We all know that Crystal Gayle's Midnight In The Desert is one of those Art Bell songs that when you hear it, you can't help but NOT think of Art.

My idea is to develop a list of songs that:
1. Might abstractly apply to Art or his show.
2. Were seldom played, if at all, on his show.
3. His bumper music doesn't count (i.e. Moody Blues Ride My See-Saw)

I'll start with the first two and I think you'll get the idea.

Pilot of the Airwaves - Charlie Dore

We Don't Talk Anymore - Cliff Richard
Great thread DeathValleyScotty..and some good picks.

I found this one on youtube using a title search - never heard of it but after listening, it could work on some of Art's creepier shows. It has a dark feel..and the title just works. Some nice old Outer Limits samples too..

Do NOT Adjust The Set!

:cool:

turtle101
Ship's Bartender

Post by turtle101 » 08-01-2011 07:39 PM

Last edited by turtle101 on 08-01-2011 07:41 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 08-02-2011 09:07 AM

"Faaip De Oiad" means "Voice of God" in the Enochian language. The Enochian language was invented by Edward Kelley in the 16th Century. Kelley said this language had been revealed to him by angels.
The Art Bell Show, a Nevada-based radio show that purported to discuss conspiracy theories and the paranormal, was the venue for a strange occurrence on September 11, 1997. During an Area 51-themed call-in program, a hysterical man claiming to be a former Area 51 worker called in to warn Bell's listening audience that he knew of a series of impending disasters. This is the source of the monologue on this track. Before the man was finished speaking, the Art Bell show mysteriously left the airwaves for about 30 minutes. Several weeks later, the man called back apologizing for the (apparent) hoax, but the mysterious and somewhat coincidental outage has never been adequately explained.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 01-17-2013 08:00 PM

Here's a candidate for inclusion on the soundtrack:

I believe the title would be indicative of Art's attitude concerning any questions as to exactly when he'll return to broadcasting...

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”