Help Needed _ Philippine Media Is At It Again

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

Help Needed _ Philippine Media Is At It Again

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 02-16-2009 08:45 PM

Please respond to this dead horse . . . again. IMMEDIATELY.

WHAT A FREAKIN' IDIOT. Send an email to this jerk. I referenced this.

I emailed Art about this, but if he can't weed through his email, hopefully he'll see this here.
It's either real or it's a dream, There's nothing that is in between. ~ Jeff Lynne

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 02-16-2009 08:58 PM

Thanks Joanie, cannot believe this hate is being recycled again.:mad:

Good to see you Joanie {{{Hugs}}}

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 02-16-2009 09:29 PM

This is disgraceful and the standards of "Journalism" followed by this columnist leave much to be desired. His readers deserve much better. :mad:

Welcome back. It is great to see you aboard ship again, HurricaneJoanie. :)
racehorse

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 02-16-2009 11:34 PM

I gave them a piece of my mind, but I'll bet they won't print it, and there was NO profanity or unnatural language used.
ImageIf you're still breathing, it's not too late!

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 02-16-2009 11:45 PM

They also heard for me, wasn't nasty but bet they won't post it either.

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 02-17-2009 01:38 AM

Hey Folks it might help to include the information that is posted on the C2C site as well as Arts old site...here are the links !

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/gen/page1 ... heme=light

http://web.archive.org/web/200110032307 ... ipino.html

The web archive has the retraction that was printed by the Philippine Daily Inquirer.

Hi ya Joanie :)

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 02-17-2009 02:08 AM

Email sent and I cc'd everyone that had an email address on their website.

Coastin
Pirate

Post by Coastin » 02-17-2009 02:46 AM

He must have received a lot of e-mail on this.. His AOL mailbox is now showing FULL and will not accept further e-mails.

ArtBellfan
Pirate

Post by ArtBellfan » 02-17-2009 03:46 PM

Oh man, I just went off on this POS....I hope he loses his job...this is so damn ridiculous anymore...:mad:

alleyrulez
Pirate

Post by alleyrulez » 02-17-2009 11:24 PM

I just sent them a message as well.

I wonder if he will issue a retraction.

1ATKRYD
Pirate

Post by 1ATKRYD » 02-18-2009 11:45 AM

Bobbi Snow wrote: I gave them a piece of my mind, but I'll bet they won't print it, and there was NO profanity or unnatural language used.
It was tough though wasn't it??? I had a tough time restraining myself.:mad:

Obviously found it Shirley.:)
Anywhere west of the Continental Divide puts a smile on my face.

DesertOfTheSea
Pirate

Post by DesertOfTheSea » 02-18-2009 02:47 PM

I just finished giving the paper a piece of my mind. Here's what I wrote:

"I'm sure there are plenty of more important things that are news worthy in your country other than your story on Art Bell. The letter you posted has been floating around on the internet for years and has been proven to be a hoax. If you bothered to do any research at all you would have known that it is indeed a hoax and also that Mr. Bell is married to a beautiful Filipino woman. Your brand of journalism gives your profession a bad name. People rely on you to report the truth and your story is far from it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that an apology and retraction from you is in order. Do the right thing!!!! "

I definitely had to restrain myself, especially when the thought of telling the guy "I'm sure there are a few Art bell fans that would like to skin you alive" but what would be the point of being nasty about this. It would only help to cement the guys opinion about Art and I bet the paper would have a field day printing only the nasty replies.

Chas
#1 Art Bell Fan (in the high desert).

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 02-18-2009 03:12 PM

Thanks to Joanie for bringing this issue to ship and thanks to all pirates and Art Bell fans and Art himself there has been an apology issued !! Well done all :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our sincere apologies to Mr. Art Bell

In his column, Men and Events, last February 17, 2009, our columnist Alito L. Malinao quoted an open letter supposedly written by Mr. Art Bell, a radio talk show host in Nevada, USA, and a rejoinder from a certain Ms. May Muñoz, a Filipina.

The open letter, which was e-mailed to Malinao by his lawyer-friend, Juliano “Jelly” Nacino, has attributed to Art Bell some slanderous comments against Filipino women.

In two e-mails, Mr. Bell strongly took exception to the contents of the letter which turns out to be a hoax. He threatened to sue The Manila Times. Our Editor in Chief had a telephone conversation with him on Wednesday afternoon and conveyed our apologies and informed him that this written apology and an apologetic column by Malinao would appear today.

From Mr. Bell and more than a dozen of his admirers with US e-mail addresses, we have learned that he is married to a Filipina and has a Fil-Am daughter; that his late first wife was also a Filipina; that he has a condo unit in Manila; that far from being anti-Filipino, he is pro-Filipino; that the letter Mr. Malinao quoted is a hoax that had, in 2001, caused the Philippine Daily Inquirer the same embarrassing trouble we are now experiencing; and that over the years, Mr. Bell has consistently denied authorship of the hate letter, which has been widely posted on the Internet.

Failure to check veracity

Columnist Malinao failed to check the veracity of the hoax email, to ascertain the circumstances of Mr. Bell and to take other proper steps to determine the accuracy of every statement and allegation in the emails he received from the United States.

The Times’ Editor in Chief did not query Malinao about his Art Bell piece, following the paper’s policy of not subjecting columnists to censorship and mistakenly presuming that the columnist had exercised the elementary steps necessary to verify the accuracy of the email that turned out to be a hoax.

The Manila Times, which in no way agrees with the views expressed in the Malinao column, hereby retracts the statements and allegations the hoax letter attributes to Mr. Bell. We also do not agree with the tone and views written by the so-called Ms. May Muñoz quoted by Malinao in his offending column.

No malice toward Art Bell

We also wish to state that in no way did The Manila Times as an institution, and its editors, act with malice toward Art Bell (whom we, the editors, had not known of until we received his and his admirers’ and defenders’ e-mails reacting to Malinao’s column).

We sincerely apologize for the pain and inconvenience that Malinao’s column might have caused Art Bell and his family.

The Manila Times

http://www.manilatimes.net/national/200 ... 9opi8.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apology(if you want to call it that) from the Author of the piece. Some of the emails that they received are included at this link along with an email from Art.

By Alito L. Malinao
‘Hate letter a hoax’–real Art Bell

http://www.manilatimes.net/national/200 ... 9opi4.html

DesertOfTheSea
Pirate

Post by DesertOfTheSea » 02-18-2009 03:30 PM

I hate to say it but I'm sure this isn't the last we'll hear of this hoax. Some people are just out to hurt people by whatever means necessary. At least they did the right thing, although the wound has already been opened again.

Chas
#1 Art Bell Fan (in the high desert).

ArtBellfan
Pirate

Post by ArtBellfan » 02-18-2009 03:43 PM

Good although I'm not overly enthused with the apology...I'm still pretty ticked...

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”