Despondant - Maybe It Is All Over.

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 06-04-2003 09:15 PM

Thank Day, for a nano second I thought I was being mean.

DefX
Pirate

Post by DefX » 06-04-2003 09:27 PM

My take:

Nobody is 100% happy in life. Happiness comes in small amounts..hopefully each day. You get good and bad and you deal with each as you go.
Well, that said, Art was one of the things that made me happy.
After a long weekend I looked forward to Art on a Monday night.
To me..Art was like Packer football,my favorite band in concert or ordering my favorite pizza and watching a good movie. He and his show were one of the things that made me happy. I enjoyed him and nothing has replaced him. I'm a talk radio junkie and the quality of talk radio as a whole is going down. I still have Phil Hendrie but he does more war talk now than skits. I do like Michael Savage..but I can only take so much of him. Going from Art to George is like going from a BMW to a skateboard. A very hard adjustment to make.

I'm a night owl anyway so Art was right up my alley. Plus, with my intense interest in UFO's and government cover ups,etc nothing could have better for me at 3am.

I do not worship him nor is my life over cuz he is 'gone'.

You get used to something..a routine....and when it's gone for reasons beyond your control it can be hard to deal with.

I hope Art comes back. he has a talent that he shared with all of us all those nights wide awake and I would like that back.

I think he will be back but it will be in a different way then we are used to.

I see Art back on the web. A web based talk show. One where he calls 100% of the shots. Where he can give us the free archives and all the paranormal content he loved to share w/ us.

Art certain could pull it off. I know Art loves talk RADIO but Art is also a technology freak and the internet is the future. Art may be willing to make the leap and do something he loves..but by packaging it differently.

I understand those who are bummed out over Art leaving.
I mean, if your favorite sports team went out of buisiness or if your favorite rock band decided to break up...you'd have a hard time with it. It shouldn't become an obsession by any means but it will hurt none the less.

Another factor is: For one,Art left and the one guy who could maybe have come close to filling the void-IMO-Ian Punnett didn't get/want the job...and also, the thing that we are told drove him away-his back- is no longer an issue in his life (as far as doing radio) and if he had just taken an extended leave rather than an out-right retierment...he may be back as of now.

bigdaddy
Pirate

good posts guy

Post by bigdaddy » 06-04-2003 09:52 PM

i see why art loves this audience,because,we are all very articulate and intelligant.lots,to say and always right on point.........i really enjoy being part of the community.....
bigdaddy
waiting for the ride to the kingdom of nye!!!!

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 06-04-2003 11:21 PM

DeFx you took the words right out of my mouth, thanks.

Big Daddy if you don't mind I would like to come along for the ride.

Shirley

Gotrox
Pirate

Post by Gotrox » 06-05-2003 09:28 PM

hehe I need a ride OUT of the Nyan Kingdom -- I live 200+ miles away from Pahrump, and still in Nye county---damned bugger is larger than some states.

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”