Moderator: Super Moderators

Saharaka
Pirate

Arts New Wife

Post by Saharaka » 04-16-2006 12:02 AM

On C2C website.....I am speechless!

Saharaka
Creature of the desert

"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing plaid with stripes comes easy."

Hurst
Pirate

Post by Hurst » 04-16-2006 12:11 AM

I also am speechless! All our guessing, and no one ever thought of this. At first I had to stop and think, "NO, April Fool's Day is past. Can this be for real?" Art is full of surprises, as usual, but this tops them all! She is a pretty little thing and I hope they will be happy. I think Art is the kind of man who needs his woman. :D

Ziroc
Pirate

Post by Ziroc » 04-16-2006 12:27 AM

I told ya so :) I KNEW East meant *EAST* lol

But dammmnnnn... she is young though. Hell, I'm 34.

Guess he was REALLY lonely :) I get it though. kinda. He knows he is 60, and ya know...
Ziroc™
"I thought there was no Chill town!" - Howie Gordon - BB6/BB7 AS

Night Rambler
Pirate

OMG!!

Post by Night Rambler » 04-16-2006 12:30 AM

Knock me down with a feather!!!!

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 04-16-2006 12:38 AM

Congratulations, Art and Airyn! :)

I wish you the very best always. :)
racehorse

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 04-16-2006 12:41 AM

The new Mrs. Bell:
Last edited by Dale O Sea on 04-16-2006 02:20 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 04-16-2006 01:56 AM

I wishi you and your new wife the very best. You only live once.

witchy
Pirate

Post by witchy » 04-16-2006 02:30 AM

This will probably get me flamed, but I am going to say it anyway.

Ramona died 4 months ago. The love of his life. His soul mate.
Suddenly he meets a girl 40 years younger than him on the internet, not wrong, travels to meet her, not wrong. Marries her?
Feels wrong.

Feels disrespectful to Ramona. So soon.

Had he announced he had met a woman and was in love, more power to him. Don't rush into these things so soon after such a life changing event.

Then to leave Pahrump? KYNE? And giving the kitties away?

I think Art is making some rash decisions. I don't think he is thinking things out.

He said his new wife didnt know who he was until two weeks before he went over there. She was internet friendly as she wrote to him. One of his ham radio guys told her to write to him. Same one that married the girls sister. I am sure she knew who he was. A google search would tell her instantly, if the contact person had not already told her.

I want ppl to be happy in their lives. Dont misunderstand what I am saying.

What I am saying, is this appears *to me* to be disrespectful to Ramona.

Everyone he talked to in the first hour including his guest, all he wanted to know is had they seen the picture of his new wife? Like he had landed a big fish. Next he will get a red corvette convertible.

And leaving the country. Coast to Coast during the day from the Phillipines. Not the High Desert now is it?

Very disappointed he is showing disrespect for Ramona by doing this in this manner.

TSW
Pirate

Post by TSW » 04-16-2006 02:39 AM

witchy wrote: This will probably get me flamed, but I am going to say it anyway.
Very disappointed he is showing disrespect for Ramona by doing this in this manner.

Yeah, I'm expecting that just might get ya flamed, but not by me.

Oh, and welcome to the FF.
<div align="right"><font size="3">*~~Teri</div></font>
<div align="right"><font size="2">I speak, therefore I am ... </div

Pamela
Pirate

Post by Pamela » 04-16-2006 03:57 AM

I'm shocked myself. I am happy if he is happy, It made me sad to see how depressed he was on the show these past few months, and I hope that his marriage will work out.
However, I do have to say this is very strange being that his wife died only a little over 4 months ago so I'm unsure he did this for the right reasons.
He is an adult of course and I don't know him or his situation so I will just wish him all the best. :D
Last edited by Pamela on 04-16-2006 04:07 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Subbacultcha
Pirate

Post by Subbacultcha » 04-16-2006 04:17 AM

When I saw the headline of this thread, I thought it was going to be something cute, maybe involving one of his cats or something.......

I'll just say, the word suspicious.....

Ramona's passing 1-05-2006
Ask Art one year from now 1-29-2006

Not the best PR move, but what the hell.

mudwoman
Pirate

Post by mudwoman » 04-16-2006 04:32 AM

witchy wrote: This will probably get me flamed, but I am going to say it anyway.

Ramona died 4 months ago. The love of his life. His soul mate.
Suddenly he meets a girl 40 years younger than him on the internet, not wrong, travels to meet her, not wrong. Marries her?
Feels wrong.

Feels disrespectful to Ramona. So soon.

Had he announced he had met a woman and was in love, more power to him. Don't rush into these things so soon after such a life changing event.

Then to leave Pahrump? KYNE? And giving the kitties away?

I think Art is making some rash decisions. I don't think he is thinking things out.

He said his new wife didnt know who he was until two weeks before he went over there. She was internet friendly as she wrote to him. One of his ham radio guys told her to write to him. Same one that married the girls sister. I am sure she knew who he was. A google search would tell her instantly, if the contact person had not already told her.

I want ppl to be happy in their lives. Dont misunderstand what I am saying.

What I am saying, is this appears *to me* to be disrespectful to Ramona.

Everyone he talked to in the first hour including his guest, all he wanted to know is had they seen the picture of his new wife? Like he had landed a big fish. Next he will get a red corvette convertible.

And leaving the country. Coast to Coast during the day from the Phillipines. Not the High Desert now is it?

No flaming from me, my friend. I agree with you.

S

IvyQ
Pirate

Post by IvyQ » 04-16-2006 04:44 AM

Ok, I had to come here to find out that this isn't an April Fools joke. I woke up to the replay of the first hour and am I listening correctly? Art has remarried?

Well, I'm not really surprised, my Dad after 42 years of marriage, married within 6 months of my Moms death, shaking the socks off of all of us. But he's happy and we are happy for him now.

Congratulations Art! :)

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 04-16-2006 04:49 AM

I'm not gonna flame you, either. Your post echoes my own thoughts. Something does not *feel* right here.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”