Arts New Wife

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Conspiracy Theorist
Pirate

Post by Conspiracy Theorist » 04-16-2006 04:51 AM

I'm a bit surprised, but after all, he's well-aware of his age and time limits. Life's not to be wasted. I'm not surprised he'd want to leave his home, but not everything else. He could have brought his new wife here, but you have to keep in mind that he can live like a king in the Philippines on what he has. I wonder what part of the country he will be in, although he may prefer to keep that a secret.

Glop
Pirate

Post by Glop » 04-16-2006 04:57 AM

Wow, I am just shocked! I have to agree it seems a little off. What really gets me is that this whole "ask me in year" thing started January 29. That's not even 4 weeks let alone 4 months.

Wow.
Get rid of the CATS!?! They're our family too!

All these years we've all learned to love Ramona and the kitties, they're almost family. I'm sorry, I really hope you are happy, Art, congrats to you. I'm still in shock, that's all. Did I say 'wow' yet?

Post by Guest » 04-16-2006 05:35 AM

Indeed... I am likewise speechless.
This is rather bizarre!

Post by Guest » 04-16-2006 05:40 AM

Shirleypal wrote: I wishi you and your new wife the very best. You only live once.

Witchy said it all. I certainly wish him all the best, but my gut feeling is he's making so many decisions he's gonna regret. He wants to move one, a fresh change. But to abandon just about everything is just too strange and perhaps not rational

Waverider
Pirate

Post by Waverider » 04-16-2006 05:55 AM

Timing is everything....

I really don't know what shocked me more.

Ramona's sudden death, or Art's sudden marriage.
...and selling out his past and giving away the cat's.

I just don't feel good about this... but Art surely does' and it's his life to live... and it looks like he plans to live it up' ;)

Time will tell, and I wish him/ them well and if this is what the ole' man wants..
Go for it.
...and don't look back.

... I wish he would just retire now.

I can't take much more of his coaster rides...

I think I'm feeling a bit miffed'

Maybe I'll get over it in a few weeks...
Sorta like Art.

Waverider
Pirate

Post by Waverider » 04-16-2006 07:14 AM

O kay......
I'm over it'..
On with the show!;)

IvyQ
Pirate

Post by IvyQ » 04-16-2006 07:27 AM

I guess we can all forget about Art coming back full-time now... but I hope I am wrong.

:(

Wingnut's Way
Pirate

Post by Wingnut's Way » 04-16-2006 08:10 AM

witchy wrote: What I am saying, is this appears *to me* to be disrespectful to Ramona.
There's every likeliness that Ramona would rather he move on and have a good time than sit and brood over his loss for the rest of his life. So, I doubt that Ramona herself would have felt--or feels--disrespected in any way. When you love someone--for real; the selfless non-needy kind--then you want that person to be happy, period. In a way it might be more disrespectful to not move on.
witchy wrote: I want ppl to be happy in their lives. Dont misunderstand what I am saying.

If this is a true statement, then consider congratulating the man for his new-found happiness and getting over your own moral aversion to it. He's not doing anything wrong.
Last edited by Wingnut's Way on 04-16-2006 08:30 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Wingnut's Way
Pirate

Post by Wingnut's Way » 04-16-2006 08:17 AM

He'll be alright boys and girls; he'll be alright.

Try to imagine what it must have been like living in the compound without her? Holy cow! Most men would have committed suicide by now--Hands down!--whether deliberate or "accidental".

One way or the other something had to go, either his own life or all the intense everyday reminders of his loss. He had to move on, or die; it's that simple. Wish the man happiness and luck and enjoy the revitalized sound in his voice.

He's going to be just fine.
Last edited by Wingnut's Way on 04-16-2006 08:23 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Jon-Marcus
Pirate

Post by Jon-Marcus » 04-16-2006 08:19 AM

All I'll say is ;
It's Art's life and his to dicide how he lives it. I wish him, and his new wife, good fortune.
"You have forgotten the face of your father." Roland Deschain

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 04-16-2006 08:41 AM

Allow me to sign in as another who will not flame Witchy, or anyone else here who expressed similar sentiments. In fact, I thank you for having the guts to say it first.

As floored as I was when I came in this morning and saw the thread, I realize now I'm not floored-floored. There was a study once -- perhaps several -- which found that men who are deeply in love with their wives and them lose them unexpectedly tend to marry again quite quickly. For reasons everyone can guess but I won't say here, cuz it wouldn't be appropriate. I'm floored, but not floored-floored.

I pray for Art.

Having said that, I wish he and his new wife all the happiness. Um. I can't think of anything else to say. Blessings.
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 04-16-2006 08:51 AM

JeBus wrote: Witchy said it all. I certainly wish him all the best, but my gut feeling is he's making so many decisions he's gonna regret. He wants to move one, a fresh change. But to abandon just about everything is just too strange and perhaps not rational

Pardon my post-on-post, but this is one other thing I can think of to say. I also agree word for word with Wave's post above, and with IvyQ in my admitttedly selfish despair that all this had nothing to do with radio or the future of the show. And frankly, I'm more upset about the cats than anything else. He loved those cats, he loved KYNE, he loved.... He loved Ramona. That's what's at the core of this, I guess. What would I do in his shoes.

K. As Wave said, I vented, and I'm over it now. Best wishes for the future, Art.

DesertOfTheSea
Pirate

Post by DesertOfTheSea » 04-16-2006 08:57 AM

Listening to the show last night, I was just as floored as everyone else. It does seem so soon but ultimately we're all here not because of who Art Bell is married to but what he has accomplished on the radio. You all know he reads this forum from time to time, so don't spend time bashing him, just accept the fact that he 's human and needs to be happy. I'd rather hear from him how happy he is than hear from George that Art was so grief stricken that he did the unthinkable and decided to join Ramona.
Art mantioned that his wife did not want to move to the states right now. That doesn't mean they'll live in Manilla forever. I think Art should hold on to his compound so he has something to fall back on if and when they decide to move back.
Hey, Art definitely turned his worls upside down and yours too.

Chas

wcstflyer
Pirate

Post by wcstflyer » 04-16-2006 09:01 AM

OH MY GOD! What is going on in Art's head that he found this 4 foot tall Filipino woman in the internet equivalent of the Sears Roebuck catalogue? My Eurocentric preferences aside, couldn't he at least hedge his bets by meeting women the old fashion way like at church or a pick-up bar? A sixty year old man who speaks to 10 million listeners a night must have developed some social skills. This is nuts.

Art, count me as one of your biggest fans but you may live to regret this decision. Don't sell the Geo Metro quite yet.:(

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 04-16-2006 09:10 AM

DesertOfTheSea wrote: but ultimately we're all here not because of who Art Bell is married to but what he has accomplished on the radio. You all know he reads this forum from time to time, so don't spend time bashing him, just accept the fact that he 's human and needs to be happy. I'd rather hear from him how happy he is than hear from George that Art was so grief stricken that he did the unthinkable and decided to join Ramona.

This is a very wise and balanced point, Chas. Thank you.

(um, when is the right time and where is the right thread to ask how he intends to do the show from the Phillipines? I'm still a little lost here. My deepest apologies if this is an obnoxious place to post this.)

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”