Art Bell Announces Major Reduction in Hosting "Coast to

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

racehorse
Pirate

Art Bell Announces Major Reduction in Hosting "Coast to

Post by racehorse » 06-27-2005 12:16 AM

Art Bell just announced that after this week, he will no longer host "Coast to Coast AM" on Sunday . He will host about two times a month on Saturday . Art stated that Ian Punnett will host the show on Sunday. George and Hilly Rose will rotate on Saturday when Art is not broadcasting or a "classic" show is repeated.

This is very sad news. I suppose that Art wanted more time off. Too bad, Hilly was not chosen to host full time when Art is away!
Last edited by racehorse on 06-27-2005 12:21 AM, edited 1 time in total.
racehorse

theWAVE
Pirate

Post by theWAVE » 06-27-2005 12:29 AM

s/w 3840' will be jumping at night..

I'm happy that Art and Ramona will have time to do some traveling in their RV' and able to enjoy some free time.. He deserves that.
BUT GOD' Less of ART BELL is not' more in my book.

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 06-27-2005 12:31 AM

CC has been weaning us Horsey. But we are not children. The good guests have been mostly for GN over the months. I think he should just retire and come on once in a while.

Boomer heard him say on Ham that he was cutting back 1/2 a while back. Think that's where he heard it.

But I do believe he will stop altogether or just come on annually, special occasions, New Years, Big News Flash like Aliens landing, etc.

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 06-27-2005 12:34 AM

tiffany wrote:

But I do believe he will stop altogether or just come on annually, special occasions, New Years, Big News Flash like Aliens landing, etc.

Yes Tiff, I am afraid that you are right and this will be next. :(
racehorse

Lord Moon
Pirate

I remember when he retired before...

Post by Lord Moon » 06-27-2005 12:38 AM

I'm not convinced because Art still has a lot to say, and I don't see him giving up this platform....He will miss throwing down with his two cents....his platform is a big draw......

I'm not a Hilly fan, though I think GN has gotten lots better...

Last nights talk about the process by which UFO investigators evolve from those that want to shout their discovery's from the mountains... to those that let go and live life....was Art's story as well.....but I don't see that happening just quite yet....
Last edited by Lord Moon on 06-27-2005 12:42 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Cara
Pirate

Sad, but expected

Post by Cara » 06-27-2005 12:40 AM

I am glad for Art that he's going to have more of a life, but he'll be missed.

TSW
Pirate

I may be alone in this ...

Post by TSW » 06-27-2005 12:46 AM

But I didn't get the impression that this was Art's idea. And he isn't saying so bluntly, is because Entertainment contracts usually have clauses preventing you from saying anything that might be considered negative about "The Company".

However ... his bumper music is usually very informative.

Art ... hope your contract ends and you'll be free to do what you want on your own radio station.

Best--
Teri
<div align="right"><font size="3">*~~Teri</div></font>
<div align="right"><font size="2">I speak, therefore I am ... </div

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 06-27-2005 12:55 AM

Will be out at age 62 the way we hear it.

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 06-27-2005 01:19 AM

TSW wrote: But I didn't get the impression that this was Art's idea.

Art just said that it was his idea. He says that he wants the time off.
racehorse

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 06-27-2005 02:17 AM

One more nail in C2C's coffin..

That sums it up for me at this point in time..I see no good coming from this. Art is the heart and soul of C2C..the proud founder. The rest are just filler..fluff. I have a feeling this is just the beginning of host changes. George has his 5 year extension, so he's not going anyplace but Hilly and Ian's spots aren't written in stone. And Art could drop more shows at any time..

JMO, of course...

cns
Pirate

Re: I remember when he retired before...

Post by cns » 06-27-2005 04:20 AM

Lord Moon wrote: snipped . . .Last nights talk about the process by which UFO investigators evolve from those that want to shout their discovery's from the mountains... to those that let go and live life....was Art's story as well.....but I don't see that happening just quite yet....
Yep, I think so too.
Will definitely miss him. But he's earned his time to let go and live, and I wish them well.
He may retire completely by 62.. as Tiff says, but I think he likes doing the show. So if all we get eventually is the Ghost to Ghost or some other special now and then during the year, then so be it.
Dale, it may be another nail in the C2C coffin-or in the coffin of the show as we know it, but the show will go on, in another incarnation with George, Ian and Hilly.
Unfortunately for me without Art it will never be the same.
:(
But for the newer, younger listeners it probably won't even skip a beat. Sad, isn't it?

dollyfinn
Pirate

Post by dollyfinn » 06-27-2005 06:39 AM

All I can say is that, while it is only fair that Art has a life, it makes me sad to see him slowly go away.
dollyfinn

Fred_Vobbe
Pirate

Re: I remember when he retired before...

Post by Fred_Vobbe » 06-27-2005 07:32 AM

Lord Moon wrote: I'm not convinced because Art still has a lot to say, and I don't see him giving up this platform....He will miss throwing down with his two cents....his platform is a big draw......

True, but he doesn't need the money. If he goes on the air it's either because he enjoys it, has something important to relate, or is required by Premier to do xx-shows a year.

On the other hand, I think at his age he wants to do some other things in life and not be tied down with a schedule.

In all honesty, if I were him, I would travel and do the things that Ramona and him want to do NOW, because realistically in 10-15 years he won't have the option. When I hit 60, I plan to be out of the business and doing the fun stuff and not be concerned with the needs of business associates. In fact, I've got the 10-year plan in motion now. :)

I like Art, and I think he's a good host, but my need to hear him on the air does not take priority over his needs to accomplish what he has so rightfully earned with hard work and dedication.
scientia quod ethics super ususfructus

Fred_Vobbe
Pirate

Post by Fred_Vobbe » 06-27-2005 07:36 AM

Dale OSea wrote: That sums it up for me at this point in time..I see no good coming from this. Art is the heart and soul of C2C..the proud founder. The rest are just filler..fluff.

We should all keep our ears open on the airwaves for new talent. Sometimes you would be surprised at what small towns have to offer.

I agree that Art can not be replaced. Nobody will be able to spin the tale and articulate like Art. But, life goes on.
scientia quod ethics super ususfructus

DesertOfTheSea
Pirate

Re: Re: I remember when he retired before...

Post by DesertOfTheSea » 06-27-2005 07:59 AM

Fred_Vobbe wrote: True, but he doesn't need the money. If he goes on the air it's either because he enjoys it, has something important to relate, or is required by Premier to do xx-shows a year.

On the other hand, I think at his age he wants to do some other things in life and not be tied down with a schedule.

In all honesty, if I were him, I would travel and do the things that Ramona and him want to do NOW, because realistically in 10-15 years he won't have the option. When I hit 60, I plan to be out of the business and doing the fun stuff and not be concerned with the needs of business associates. In fact, I've got the 10-year plan in motion now. :)

I like Art, and I think he's a good host, but my need to hear him on the air does not take priority over his needs to accomplish what he has so rightfully earned with hard work and dedication.

I think you summed it up perfectly.

Chas
#1 Art Bell Fan (in the high desert).

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”