Hey, FF Pirates! It's time again to gather 'Art Bell Clues'

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 01-01-2003 03:24 PM

Hey joe - We will be keeping up with Art here and at Kingdom of Nye. If you hear anything at all about those desert pirates in Pahrump, post it here. We will stick together and wait it out for the new improved Art Bell show that is probably being developed as we post. By and by - he'll be back.

JennyHayden
Pirate

Post by JennyHayden » 01-01-2003 03:36 PM

"I'm looking forward to the next chapter." --Art Bell to Crystal Gayle (12-31-02)
* JennyHayden *

harwar
Pirate

Post by harwar » 01-01-2003 07:47 PM

Does anyone happen to know if there is a way to hear shortwave broadcasts over the internet?I've seen sites that had police & fire scanners and some shortwave,but that was years ago.
"oh my soul,your voyages have been my native land"

Conspiracy Theorist
Pirate

Post by Conspiracy Theorist » 01-01-2003 07:58 PM

You know, I've been wondering if we're all engaged in wishful thinking...but then, I have to remind myself that Art monitors this board, and he knows many of us. If we were barking up the wrong tree, he'd let us know.

Fact probably is, he's engaged in serious business negotiations, and it would be irresponsible of him to discuss it. I've been engaging in some wild speculation, but if I was ever totally wrong about anything, I'm quite sure Art knows he could e-mail me, and I'd immediately go public and let everyone know I was wrong. He's done it before.

Actually, I'm quite certain we're on the right track, doing exactly what Art wants us to do.

------------------
Rick Jackson

Devastated
Moderator - Hammock Expert

Post by Devastated » 01-01-2003 08:21 PM

Hey, CT, I don't believe Art would have steered folks to the FF last night, repeating it so often, if there were not a grain of truth at the heart of things. Heavy hints were being dropped a mile a minute as well. I do believe we'll be the first to know, when the time is right, and I now have much less reason to be....Devastated
You don't have to believe everything that you think...

Fraffy
Pirate

Post by Fraffy » 01-01-2003 09:35 PM

Hi. This is my very first post here. I found this site today and boy am I glad I did. I've been so bummed out about Art retiring. I listened to the whole show last night and was very sad at the end.

I'm really really happy and excited to have found this site and you guys. I had no clue this even existed. I hope all this talk of Art coming back in some fashion is TRUE TRUE TRUE! It's got me optimistic that I haven't heard the last of Art.

Not hearing Art is just plain WRONG. It just isn't right somehow.

I'll be checking here every day to see what's up.

More cheerfully (than I was)!
Melanie

everaftergirl
Pirate

Post by everaftergirl » 01-01-2003 09:51 PM

My thoughts:

I remember back during Art's previous retirement...I believe the whole thing had to do with his lawsuit. Seagull was no replacement for Art, which I assumed was the reason Seagull was hired as his replacement in the first place. After the suit was settled, Art came back just in time to save the show.

Now Art has retired and is out from under Premiere's thumb...just in time to focus on his new KNYE radio station, and Ramona said they will be having advertisements on it this year.

Personally, I don't think Noory will last long...I think it will turn out to happen just as it did with Seagull. (I'm not wishing this, I'm just making my own prediction here.) If C2C is dropped from enough stations, it may be cancelled.

If that happens, I wonder if Art will be released from any 'no-compete' clauses in his contract. If there is no C2C on the air, then I would say, he wouldn't be in competition with his former employer.

If that is the case, then he would be free to have his own talk show on his own radio station. He would have complete control of all of it. I believe that is his true dream.

Just my assumptions folks...I really don't know, but I wonder if this could be the case.

Devastated
Moderator - Hammock Expert

Post by Devastated » 01-01-2003 10:09 PM

Yes, yes yes! For a true pirate, having one's own medium, a vehicle thru which to actualize one's "Art," is what we want. I'm a journalist, I had my own paper and loved it. Art's got his own radio station and it's gonna be good, Great! I mean, look at this fantastic forum! The people who started it must feel so darn fulfilled. Still, until I hear My Master's Voice again, I'm....
Devastated
You don't have to believe everything that you think...

everaftergirl
Pirate

Post by everaftergirl » 01-01-2003 10:09 PM

harwar wrote, "Does anyone happen to know if there is a way to hear shortwave broadcasts over the internet?I've seen sites that had police & fire scanners and some shortwave,but that was years ago."

We used to have a friend, BenR, who ran streaming audio of the 3830 group on SW at www.live365.com. He ran the streaming during late night hours so we could hear Art, but that was several months ago, and I hear he doesn't do it anymore.

live365.com let's someone run free streaming, but I have no idea how to do it. Is anyone game to try this so we can hear Art on SW?

Kevin
Pirate

Post by Kevin » 01-01-2003 10:12 PM

IMHO, CC needs programming for all of their unmanned talk stations. They will probably stick this one out... The LAST thing CC would like to see is Art counter programming.

Westwood One is making big strides with O'Reilly, love him or hate him, he's hot. I would venture to guess WWO would offer a SWEET deal for the "Desert of the Sea". There's no love loss between WWO and CC.

------------------------------
Gort! Klaatu Barada nicto!

jeri sexton
Pirate

Post by jeri sexton » 01-01-2003 10:49 PM

Ahoy Fraffy.. Glad you found us too..
Don't just post once.. Keep posting, jump in with both feet..

Keep them eyes and ears open and if ya hear or see anything.. let us know.. or just tell how your feeling.. best of all.
Happy New Year to ya..
YOUR EMAIL BOUCES PLEASE FIX IT or DO NOT subscribe to email notices.

GD|eNSo
Pirate

Post by GD|eNSo » 01-02-2003 01:10 AM

Hi guys firstime poster,

From Toronto, on rogers network :P

Just want to say thanks much for this forum, just found out about it tonight. Im also saddened by Art's "retirement" and cannot wait to hear his voice again...

Addison
Pirate

Post by Addison » 01-02-2003 01:31 AM

Hi Folks,

I just found you last night from Art's "plug". Im so glad he mentioned this site. I don't feel so alone now dealing with Art's retirement.

I hope the clues I've been reading lead to what we're all hoping they will.

Thanks again,

DA

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 01-02-2003 02:33 AM

Hello, GD|Enzo, Addison. Welcome to the Fantastic Forum. We will be following any info on new ventures for Art. If you hear anything out there, post it here.

ShannonG
Pirate

Post by ShannonG » 01-02-2003 03:12 PM

Hmmm. Interesting. I sent an email to Art a couple of days before his "unfortunate" retirement. The reply I got was "Watch www.fantasticforum.com at which time I promptly came here.

Following the Clues! Much truth here!
Thanx All for being here!
Myztry

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”