Hey, FF Pirates! It's time again to gather 'Art Bell Clues'

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 12-28-2002 05:13 PM

A hearty pirate's welcome to ye, Kali! And thanks for the info.

[This message has been edited by Linnea (edited 28 December 2002).]

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 12-28-2002 05:14 PM

Just posted some info on Alan Corbeth 'retiring' from C2C on another link here on the FF in re:/FM Radio. You may be on to something here, Rick...

Conspiracy Theorist
Pirate

Post by Conspiracy Theorist » 12-28-2002 07:03 PM

Yeah, I replied to that on that thread, so great minds DO think alike.

That's got to be it! Alan is forming a new network, and he's starting with the same host he started with in 1990!

------------------
Rick Jackson

Kali
Pirate

Post by Kali » 12-28-2002 09:35 PM

Just a little info about Alan:

He is also a HAM.

revisedcode
DREAD PIRATE

Post by revisedcode » 12-28-2002 09:55 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kali:
Just a little info about Alan:

He is also a HAM.
</font>

heh small world Image
In war there is but one favorable moment; the great art is to seize it!

Bonaparte

eliza_nightvoice
Pirate

Post by eliza_nightvoice » 12-29-2002 01:27 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist:
Yeah, I replied to that on that thread, so great minds DO think alike.

That's got to be it! Alan is forming a new network, and he's starting with the same host he started with in 1990!
</font>
BINGO!! Good deduction. Art owns the flagship. Alan has the industy background and credentials to entice investors. Art has a built in audience following and the record of past performance that is stellar. Plus, he has ins to potential backers. Remember how Ian said that he was excited to be involved in the "next revolution in radio" FM talk.

Yep, this seems to be right on!

PS: Is this a "leak"? Image

Post by Guest » 12-29-2002 07:46 AM

Clue #1 The "back excuse". Art's back hurts too much to do a radio program then he talks on the ham radio all night?

Clue #2 Art now owns his own radio station.

Clue #3 The internet now makes it possible for anyone to do radio program and broadcast it all over the world for very little expense.

Clue #4 He stated last night that if invited he will be back to do a show from time to time. This would probably be a "pay as you go appearance" for Art with no contract and no non-compete clause. Good for C2C in the short run and good for Art in the long run as he will be able to minimize his loss of popularity due to being off the air.

Clue #5 Keith Rowland also leaving. Why would he leave? He ran one of the most successful web sites in internet history. Why would he leave or be asked to leave?

Clue #6 Keith rowland purchased the domain www.georgenoory.com.

Clue #7 Art occassionally has been dropping hints that his radio career is not over.

Clue #8 Art has spent the last couple of weeks with his ham buddies perfecting the ability to send pictures over short wave. Why? With the internet why would one waste their time. One can send picture via e-mail quite easily. Remember this is the guy who first integrated a radio show with a web site. Could this technology he's experimenting with lead to sending out pictures during a future radio program that is broadcast on short wave as well?

My guess is Art seems to be doing what a lot of creative people do. Like famous musical groups that start their own record producing companies or famous actors that both act and direct. Art wants to call all the shots.

One thing though. Art has often said "when you do a 5 hour program 5 days a week there isn't time for anything else". Though I believe Art will return to radio again I never expect him to be on the air full time for any extended period of time. I predict he starts a new program full time just to gain listeners and market share and then trims back to a part time schedule.

Conspiracy Theorist
Pirate

Post by Conspiracy Theorist » 12-29-2002 12:08 PM

Please read the text of Sean Morton's farewell message, now posted on Art's site at http://www.artbell.com/letters92.html

Sean read this message in a somewhat angry tone at the end of his appearance with George, so it would seem he's not privy to any inside info...unless he's playing it very close to the chest. He's helped behind the scenes before.

He does confirm Alan Corbeth leaving Premrad in the statement, "But as I spoke with Art's manager and Premiere Broadcasting Network executive Alan Corbeth he told me he too was retiring and taking a long vacation. That everything was in boxes, the studio was being packed up, the entire operation was being moved to PRN headquarters in Sherman Oaks, Calif. and that only Lisa Lyon would remain behind in Medford, Oregon to run the AFTER DARK newsletter. This time it was really happening"

Alan Corbeth kept the show alive during the Mike Siegel period. Mike very much wanted to take the show to more mainstream topics, and was only able to interview C2C guests after Alan would spend an hour briefing him before each show.

With Alan not there to guide George, the show will definitely drift from the current subject matter.

With Art's messages to all of us, especially put together, it's obvious he's developing some type of new venture with Alan and Whitley. Sean's message seems to indicate he's not in the know, but does confirm the developments with Alan.

------------------
Rick Jackson

Kevin
Pirate

Post by Kevin » 12-29-2002 01:07 PM

Good detective work Rick. IMHO, with the Medford office closed and Alan gone I would look for things to reflect ZEEE CC party line. IE, more breaks and less content, milk toast guests and that horrible screaming woman bumper brake sounder...

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 12-29-2002 01:14 PM

I also noticed that Sean's voice seemed a bit angry, but I thought perhaps it was because George had not left him adequate time to read his message to Art without the end-of-show music coming up in the background and feeling rushed to get it all out before he was simply cut off. He may also have been a bit miffed that Art was not THERE for their last time together on the air. For whatever reason, I agree that he sounded stressed, strained, and a bit angry as he read those words.

Joolz
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Kevin
Pirate

Post by Kevin » 12-29-2002 08:00 PM

PEARL JAM LYRICS

"Nothing As It Seems"

don't feel like home, he's a little out...
and all these words elope, it's nothing like your poem
putting in, inputting in, don't feel like methadone
a scratching voice all alone, there's nothing like your baritone
it's nothing as it seems, the little that he needs, it's home
the little that he sees, is nothing he concedes, it's home
one uninvited chromosome, a blanket like the ozone
it's nothing as it seems, all that he needs, it's home
the little that he frees, is nothing he believes
saving up a sunny day, something maybe two tone
anything of his own, a chip off the cornerstone
who's kidding, rainy day
a one way ticket headstone
occupations overthrown, a whisper through a megaphone
it's nothing as it seems, the little that he needs, it's home
the little that he sees, is nothing he concedes, it's home
and all that he frees, a little bittersweet, it's home
it's nothing as it seems, the little that you see, it's home...

Anyone see anything here...? I've never known Art to play any Pearl Jam, however some (not all!) of these lyrics tend to strike a cord.

Kevin

Devastated
Moderator - Hammock Expert

Post by Devastated » 12-29-2002 08:24 PM

God, Im glad you guys are here. Now I don't have to feel so alone in my suspicions, nor so...Devastated!
You don't have to believe everything that you think...

Morgan
Pirate

Post by Morgan » 12-29-2002 09:11 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Devastated:
God, Im glad you guys are here. Now I don't have to feel so alone in my suspicions, nor so...Devastated!</font>
I guess you can't help being Devastated, but you don't have to feel that way. Welcome!

------------------
Morgan the Primate
**Cogito Ergo Spud**
Morgan the Primate
**Cogito Ergo Spud**

Kali
Pirate

Post by Kali » 12-30-2002 03:38 PM

Just a few personal thoughts about Art's retiring.

Though I hate to see him leave C2C, I know it's in his and Ramona's best interest. For well over a year now, you could hear the tension in his voice on the program, and I'm certain that the stresses from doing the program had a very negative impact on his physical well-being, and probably just kept his back in spasm continually.

If any of you will find a way to listen to him and his friends on 3840, you will hear a completely different person. The stress and tension are gone from his voice, and you just know he's loving what he's doing.

That's the way I remember things, many years ago, before C2C became a gigantic commodity for Premier/Clear Channel - back when Art had fun doing his show, and he was able to call all the shots.

So, while none of us want him to leave, I for one have to honor his decision, and who knows - at some point in the future, we might hear the "old" Art Bell again.

Post by Guest » 12-30-2002 10:55 PM

Kali, you're only adding further evidence that he will start a program of his own as soon as he completes his "no compete" clause in his contract with c2c. A show where he calls all the shots. Rumor is it will be 2 years. My latest guess is that he will begin writing more and perhaps compose some sort of newsletter. This is the best way to keep his popularity up so that when he does start his own program he will not have to "rebuild" his following. My guess is that it will be a free online newletter since he is only looking to keep his fan base until he can begin a new show.

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”