My admiraton for Art is OVER

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

vigo
Chief Swabbie

Post by vigo » 12-06-2004 01:58 AM

Westward Ho wrote: Since the people who support Bush so often speak from a moral values vantage point, where are the values? You don't torture young men just because the enemy may be torturing your men, do you? Is that what Jesus would have done? I thought we were supposed to be BETTER than the terrorists, right? But a few posters here seem to be inferring that our soldiers have been tortured so that makes it OK for us to do this in return. That is the way of children hitting each other on the school ground, or gang members shooting each other in a never ending revenge fest, not moral adults.

Torture is wrong. Period. I feel this. No reason or condition would ever make this acceptable. Everyone here SEEMS to think this or am I wrong in thinking this.

It angered me when I saw the photos and read the reports of torture. It effected me in the SAME way when I saw dead soldiers being dragged down the street. All of these people were stripped of their dignity.

I follow my own mind and heart. I am influenced by others. We all are. We can pick and choose right? Or should I only believe what you believe? Convince me. Reveal the truth and set me free. Jesus shared His beliefs with people. He made the greatest influence on people in the way He lived His life. What He was saying was revolutionary. In fact He was tortured for His radical beliefs. Loving your enemy is radical.

In my humble opinion Jesus would be saddened by many of our so called moral driven actions, as well as our inactions
Peace :cool:
Well, better late than never, I suppose... Joe Quinn. ;)

Devastated
Moderator - Hammock Expert

Post by Devastated » 12-06-2004 07:15 AM

I listen to a lot of people with whom I can't agree.

As for Razimus remembering Art as a non-ranter, it's true. But the nature of his politics was always very clear, anyway. Art seems to go on these rants occasionally these days, but since he's only on on weekends it's not very often.

I'd rather listen to the Art Bell Show than anything else on radio.
You don't have to believe everything that you think...

Westward Ho
Pirate

Post by Westward Ho » 12-06-2004 05:56 PM

I have listened to AB since 1995, and I don't recall too many excursions into strictly political matters. But our entire society has changed and has become much more serious. Someone in another thread was lamenting how Jeff Rense is so political now.

I am no expert, but I wonder if the paranormal theme just isn't working so much anymore. Anyone remember that wonderful show SIGHTINGS on Friday nights about 10 years ago? This was then morphed into ENCOUNTERS? It was about all the classic C2C topics, but both shows were cancelled since the long term audience was not there. Once you've done all the typical subjects, what is left to do, unless something big occurs? (Of course, they could have hired Linda Moulton Howe since she has a way of sort of manufacturing news out of any lunatic who is willing to be interviewed on a fuzzy phone connection).

Seriously, I wonder if such classic paranormal venues as Rense and C2C are morphing not only because of corporate pressure but perhaps more importantly because the culture is changing, people are more saturated about the paranormal (I am NOT, but I don't think I am the average yahoo), and the topics aren't so fresh anymore? Aren't a lot of folks getting really tired of Paglini, Ed Dames, Sean Morton, the typical slew of OBE folks, ufo guys like Roger Leir (so many implants, so little time...), etc. IT WAS GREAT FUN IN THE LATE 90'S BUT NONE OF IT EVER LED ANYWHERE! It all seemed like a wild fun hay ride that led to a dead end. Everyone got off the hayride and walked home.

Just a theory. :(

Now I see an attempt to suck in the religious fanatics (The Steve Quayle crowd) who believe in aliens as demons and are neural wired to obsess on negativity. What is more negative than dirty politics having illicit sex with Christian religion while the dog (George Bush) watches?
"I had plenty of pimples as a kid. One day I fell asleep in the library. When I woke up, a blind man was reading my face." Rodney Dangerfield

spaceprophet
Pirate

Post by spaceprophet » 12-06-2004 08:19 PM

Westward Ho wrote: I am no expert, but I wonder if the paranormal theme just isn't working so much anymore.
Maybe. Or are the PAB steering us into areas that are more conducive to keep them in power.

If you blast Metallica songs night and day through a monastery eventually you'll find at least one monk tapping his foot to Master of Puppets.

vigo
Chief Swabbie

Post by vigo » 12-06-2004 08:30 PM

spaceprophet wrote: If you blast Metallica songs night and day through a monastery eventually you'll find at least one monk tapping his foot to Master of Puppets.

I prefer Fade to Black. Others on the Forum might enjoy Nothing Else Matters.
Well, better late than never, I suppose... Joe Quinn. ;)

spaceprophet
Pirate

Post by spaceprophet » 12-07-2004 12:39 AM

It doesn’t take A Crash Course in Brain Surgery to figure out that King Nothing is Holier Than Thou. Poor Twisted Me Wasting My Hate on The Thing That Should Not Be. To Live is to Die at The Frayed Ends Of Sanity, Sad But True. The God That Failed Of Wolf And Man Aint My Bitch. The Hero Of The Day Where The Wild Things Are is All Within My Hands. Am I Evil? Carpe Diem Baby. It may be Free Speech For The Dumb but Don't You Think This Outlaw Bit's Done Got Out Of Hand?

Aperson
Pirate

Post by Aperson » 12-16-2004 11:57 AM

Well, at least Art voted for Kerry and admited it on the air. He must have taken some hell for that - must have known he was going to be bombarded by hate mail from a certain segement of his audience.

Falcon
Pirate

Post by Falcon » 12-16-2004 02:15 PM

I am sure Art will be crushed to hear this tragic news. How will he go on? Strength, Art.... try and make it.

/sarcasm
I want something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live.

Alien_UK
Pirate

Post by Alien_UK » 12-27-2004 06:15 PM

moonchild2 This is not new from Art I have heard him rant like this before. You got to remember that passion not only flows through the post on this forum but Art’s microphone as well.

moonchild2
Pirate

Post by moonchild2 » 01-01-2005 01:13 AM

Well, I was very angry when I first heard him rant but have had to forgive him as I do love his shows. I am an addict and this is New Years Eve. I have listened to Art for the past four years on this night. I'm over it! Happy New Year to everybody!

Alien_UK
Pirate

Post by Alien_UK » 01-01-2005 03:35 AM

moonchild2 Its New Years Day here happy new yaer ;)

fabzilla
Pirate

Post by fabzilla » 01-01-2005 03:50 AM

spaceprophet wrote: It doesn’t take A Crash Course in Brain Surgery to figure out that King Nothing is Holier Than Thou. Poor Twisted Me Wasting My Hate on The Thing That Should Not Be. To Live is to Die at The Frayed Ends Of Sanity, Sad But True. The God That Failed Of Wolf And Man Aint My Bitch. The Hero Of The Day Where The Wild Things Are is All Within My Hands. Am I Evil? Carpe Diem Baby. It may be Free Speech For The Dumb but Don't You Think This Outlaw Bit's Done Got Out Of Hand?

Space

that is part of our old song list with "Damage Inc."

a small tribute side project we had in the 90's, man does that bring back some memories, all that black and hair, check out some pics in the gallery, there are a couple from that incarnation of my music career there.

Sorry to get off topic, but spacey does it to me every time!

happy new year moonchild!

fab:cool:

GALACTICA2012
Pirate

**MOONCHILD ** Apologize** To Mr ART B. !!!

Post by GALACTICA2012 » 01-11-2005 05:04 PM

:-( :-( Bravo bravo **Moonchild** Hummmm.
What a sense of modesty you have !!!!!

I think as a Canadian living in NORTH AMERICA CONTINENT anybody **HAS A RIGHT OF HIS OPINION**

I respect **Art** like the man he is.......

I have been listening **Art ** since **Larry King went off the air
at night. That was a very long time ago !!!!! You are probably too young to remember that, Mr BELL never change attitude since I'm listening *HIM* On my **Dad's** HAM RADIO **

I have a great RESPECT for the man , HE IS ONE OF THE GREATEST AMERICAN I have ever been listening on the AIR

America is a FREE country **Encore**

And i think your are **MOONCHILD** a **BON CHRETIEN ***

P.S. Look into a **French dictionary if you have the guts to do so**

:cool: Happy New year 2005 :)

spaceprophet
Pirate

Post by spaceprophet » 01-12-2005 02:50 AM

GALACTICA2012 wrote: And i think your are **MOONCHILD** a **BON CHRETIEN ***
LOL :D moonchild2 is a pear? [space scratches head]
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man. - Jack Handey

Bellisima
Pirate

Post by Bellisima » 01-12-2005 11:11 AM

I believe the translation is Good Christian. :)
ImageA silent mouth is sweet to hear.
Irish saying

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”