Art Bell's closing music?

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

User avatar
Dobler
Pirate
Posts: 171
Joined: 05-11-2002 02:00 AM

Post by Dobler » 01-04-2003 07:25 PM

The opening song is "The Chase" from the soundtrack for "Midnight Express" by Giorgio Moroder. It's total disco cheese, n'est pas? The drums alone always thud in my head when I hear it. However, it will always remind me of Art.

User avatar
Dobler
Pirate
Posts: 171
Joined: 05-11-2002 02:00 AM

Post by Dobler » 01-04-2003 07:36 PM

I think the lullaby/80's MTV song referred to above may be that Ketchup song by Los Ketchup. Art really got into it a few months back, saying that Los Ketchup was the "new ABBA" (I wonder if any of them were secretly fathered by Nazis). The song is the new novelty hit, like the Macarena, that people shake their rumps to on the dance floor at Club Med, on cruise ships, etc.

Some of Art's bumper music has made me rediscover some great songs, in particular "Living Thing" by ELO and "Right Down The Line" by Gerry Rafferty. Barbara always plays interesting modern stuff, like System Of A Down and Queens Of The Stone Age, which is fun to hear for the novelty of knowing that the tunes have to be ruffling feathers in some listeners. I hope George can dig up some musical gems, too, when he starts bringing out his own bumpers.

LarryG
Pirate
Posts: 4
Joined: 01-04-2003 03:00 AM

Post by LarryG » 01-04-2003 09:10 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by crm:
The song is 'Your Wildest Dreams' by the Moody Blues. It's on their 'The Moody Blues - A Legend Of A Band' CD.</font>
Yes, that's it! Image Thanks Dotscom and crm. I knew somebody here would know it.

Now all this bumper music's making me miss the old Art show even more.

Here's to hoping he comes back to the airwaves somehow. Image

Thanks for the welcome and responses everybody. Image

Larry

LarryG
Pirate
Posts: 4
Joined: 01-04-2003 03:00 AM

Post by LarryG » 01-04-2003 09:22 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dobler:
I think the lullaby/80's MTV song referred to above may be that Ketchup song by Los Ketchup. Art really got into it a few months back, saying that Los Ketchup was the "new ABBA" (I wonder if any of them were secretly </font>


I saw the an ABBA tribute group open for Britney Spears a couple of years ago, a teen group called the A-Teens.

They did a bunch of ABBA hits. I wonder if Art has seen them. He would have loved it.

Larry

User avatar
Kevin
Pirate
Posts: 147
Joined: 02-06-2001 03:00 AM
Contact:

Post by Kevin » 01-04-2003 10:20 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LarryG:
I saw the an ABBA tribute group open for Britney Spears a couple of years ago, a teen group called the A-Teens.

They did a bunch of ABBA hits. I wonder if Art has seen them. He would have loved it.

Larry

</font>

Oh, I don't know...sometimes you can't replace the original...know what I mean Vern?

User avatar
Riddick
Pirate
Posts: 13085
Joined: 11-01-2002 03:00 AM
Location: SE WI
Contact:

Giorgio Moroder vs Jam & Spoon

Post by Riddick » 01-25-2020 08:25 PM

Dobler wrote:
01-04-2003 07:25 PM
The opening song is "The Chase" from the soundtrack for "Midnight Express" by Giorgio Moroder.
"The Chase" Club Remix

"Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out." - David Horowitz

Post Reply

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”