Another Newbie

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Tinkerbell
Pirate

Another Newbie

Post by Tinkerbell » 01-02-2003 07:58 AM

Just want to say "hi"... I'm so glad I found you guys- heard George Noory mention this site as one that Art frequently talked about, and that was enough for me to get here as fast as I could, to check it out! I discovered Art's show a little over a year ago and was hooked within 1/2 hour! And I've been pretty "bummed out" since he announced his retirement... my "nightly ride" with Art had become an even more important part of my life than I realized! So far, i've only read the clues posted about Art's retirement and what's really going on... REALLY interesting stuff, by the way! And it's great to find some fellow Art Bell fans to "talk to". Bye for now.
Tinkerbell
Tinkerbell ^..^

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious
- Albert Einstein

Ginger
Pirate

Post by Ginger » 01-02-2003 10:31 AM

welcome i am quite new to this place myself but i have to say everyone is really kind and welcoming...we need a place to talk while art is away....
ginger
"it's off to see the wizard the wonderful wizard of art!!, wanna take a ride????"

Post by Guest » 01-02-2003 01:52 PM

Many of us Art Bell old-timers (I've listened since 1994) have been thru this whole retirement thing already. Art "retired" for a few months in 1999 then was back for a few months until mid 2000 when he "retired" again. We had to put up with Mike Seagull taking over the program for about 9 months until Feb 2001 when Art returned. At least this time we have the hope Art will fill in from time-to-time which he never promised the last time.

benner
Pirate

Post by benner » 01-02-2003 02:19 PM

...and maybe he'll be back in a form that will surprise us all...

Of course the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you - if you don't play, you can't win.

-Robert Heinlein

Sky
Pirate

Post by Sky » 01-02-2003 02:57 PM

I am also new here. Nice to find a place where loyal subjects of The Kingdom of Nye can meet. Looking forward to the next chapter, 'cause its a hard book to put down.

Laird
Pirate

Post by Laird » 01-02-2003 05:48 PM

After Art signed off the air I played Kenny G's "Auld Lang Syne" as it seemed the most fitting tribute for all the years and topics discussed. If you haven't heard this version I highly recommend it. I know that both Ramona and Art will shed a few tears when listening to this song.

From the bottom of my heart I wish you a new beginning, filled with love, laughter and hours of happiness.
"Speak softly and carry a big stick" Teddy Roosevelt

rolede
Pirate

Post by rolede » 01-03-2003 08:20 PM

I am a newbee. I heard GN mention this site on his first show and joined this one and The Kingdom of Nye today.
One in four people is unbalanced; think of
three friends-if they seem okay-you're it

Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment.

Boomer Geezer
ORR Co-Mod and Google Champ

Post by Boomer Geezer » 01-03-2003 11:17 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tinkerbell:

Just want to say "hi"... ~~ stuff deleted to shorten ~~
Tinkerbell
</font>
Hi Tinkerbell, I'm new here too. Loooong time listener and veteran of the mIRC #Arb_Bell channel wars years back LOL. Was there for the Hoagland press conference too.

Glad I listened about this forum. Heard it mentioned, but really didn't take the plunge until I received the cryptic reply to my e-mail from Art "Watch: www.fantasticforum.com so here I am.

Don't get online much as I used to but this looks like a nice place. Hope to have much fun.

------------------
John
Glendale, AZ
Diagnosed 11/2005 Stage IV Adenocarcinoma of the gastroesophogeal junction: Now in partial remission. Thank you all for your prayers and wishes.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
BUD: "Hippy, you think everything's a conspiracy!"
HIPPY: "Everything is!!"
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
"I didn't lie: I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation." -- Fox Mulder

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”