Anyone getting a "commemorative" AB CD ??

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Phantom13
Pirate

Anyone getting a "commemorative" AB CD ??

Post by Phantom13 » 12-13-2002 11:06 AM

I just looked over the CD being sold at http://www.artbelloffer.com and it actually looks pretty kewl. But the thought of forking over 24.99 to Keith Rowland makes my stomach churn...

Any thought?

Thanx.

Phantom13/Nealien
If it seems weird to you, think what it looks like to normal people.

DesertOfTheSea
Pirate

Post by DesertOfTheSea » 12-13-2002 11:43 AM

I'm actually wanting ton get the complete set.

Chas

------------------
It's Been A Too Long
Time With No Peace Of
Mind. And I'm Ready
For The Times To Get
Better.
#1 Art Bell Fan (in the high desert).

eliza_nightvoice
Pirate

Post by eliza_nightvoice » 12-13-2002 01:43 PM

Ditto, Phantom. Buy it would be nice to have some of the clips and the music.

Conspiracy Theorist
Pirate

Post by Conspiracy Theorist » 12-13-2002 10:42 PM

I ordered it...just the round version, though! I don't know if I'll ever even look at it, since it would be too sad, but it's a keepsake.

------------------
Rick Jackson

Morgan
Pirate

Post by Morgan » 12-14-2002 12:28 AM

Me, too.
It struck me as a rather crass presentation on the website, but I finally bit. I ordered the round one, too. I suppose even Keith should get a gold watch.

I'll miss the website, but then it hasn't really been the True AB Website for a long time.

After a decent interval, I'll dig into the shows I've recorded and pull out the really good ones... it's sort of like putting old family reunion pictures into an album or something. At least I think it's like that... I've never got past the shoe box phase with any of my pictures.

------------------
Morgan the Primate
**Cogito Ergo Spud**
Morgan the Primate
**Cogito Ergo Spud**

Cara
Pirate

Post by Cara » 12-16-2002 10:12 AM

I am almost afraid to admit that I did order it. I am far from a fan of Keith, but I've listened to Art for too many years to not have this as a momento. There will be a lot of information on the CD that can't be found anywhere else. It will bring back memomries. Plus, I want to see what Art's secret message is. I even ordered the black light so that I could read it. lol I did order one of the weird shaped CD's. I thought the weird shapes was a nice touch.

Phantom13
Pirate

Post by Phantom13 » 12-16-2002 11:06 AM

PLEASE let us know what the "secret" message is when you receive your CD... Thanks. I would get one but I am currently underemployed and have no $$$ to spare at all. Image
If it seems weird to you, think what it looks like to normal people.

Morgan
Pirate

Post by Morgan » 12-16-2002 12:45 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Phantom13:
PLEASE let us know what the "secret" message is when you receive your CD... Thanks. I would get one but I am currently underemployed and have no $$$ to spare at all. Image</font>
Not to worry, Phantom. Not only will I be happy to share it, I'm sure it will be all over the place as soon as the first black light is black lit.

I'm also sure it will be of no consequence at all. It can't violate any of Art's contract restrictions, and it will have been vetted by Keith Rowland.

I think it's simply an attempt by Rowland, and probably Art, and maybe by Premrad (dunno if they get a cut) to make a few more bucks before the cash cow goes. I think that is a smart thing to do, too. I know I'd do it in any of their shoes. Still, I consider the "secret" message to be the basic "If you call right now" come on. It's all fine with me, but nothing to get terribly excited about.

After all these years, I firmly believe that any "secrets" Art has will remain secret. Hell, that's one of the main reasons I'll miss him!

------------------
Morgan the Primate
**Cogito Ergo Spud**
Morgan the Primate
**Cogito Ergo Spud**

benner
Pirate

Post by benner » 12-16-2002 01:50 PM

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.artbell.com

Don't know if you guys know this site - they have archived almost ALL the sites ever put on the net from as far back as 95 (i think). Not all the pics come through, and it is a bit slow, but really there is tons more info there than the cd could possibly provide...

The site is an awesome time waster - go check out the earliest incarnations of Yahoo or go see the first website you ever posted (there is one of mine from 97 that was put up on my free space that came from my ISP - how did they pick that up?!?!?). It is a pretty astonishing place - and what a project!

Anyways, you can see it all at http://www.archive.org - use the "WayBack Machine".

[This message has been edited by benner (edited 16 December 2002).]
Of course the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you - if you don't play, you can't win.

-Robert Heinlein

Cpt Spike Mike
Joint Chief

Post by Cpt Spike Mike » 12-16-2002 02:00 PM

Hey benner, that link is absolutely badass! Thanks for the tip. Image

And yes, I'm sure the black market for the Art Bell disk will flow well for about six months until everyone who wants a copy has one. And I agree with Morgan; these are the last attempts for PremRat to make that extra coin & bill off Art. I don't think this was art's idea; he probably gets a cut, but I would figure Art was never into the souveniers business, or else he would've done it a long time ago.

benner
Pirate

Post by benner » 12-16-2002 02:10 PM

Hey no problem - I think that link is in my top five "Best but Least Known" sites on the net.

But it makes you remember there is no forgetting on the net... Anything that has ever been posted is stored somewhere...

[This message has been edited by benner (edited 16 December 2002).]
Of course the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you - if you don't play, you can't win.

-Robert Heinlein

The_One
Pirate

Post by The_One » 12-16-2002 05:28 PM

Hey all you pirates of the night...

To all of you who ordered the CD, did you also activate your account with Keith? You get 2 months free to lurk his little board; might as well take it. I've been reading there a bit. Not too much going on. People seem reasonable, but the good ship Fantastic is way larger and (IMHO), way better! I was just wondering if anyone else was over there lurking. (Is this kind of talk sacrilegious?)

------------------
~*~*~*~*~*
Kacy C.
"Believe those who are seeking truth, doubt those who find it."
...Andre' Gide
~*~*~*~*~*
Kacy C.
"Believe those who are seeking truth, doubt those who find it."
...Andre' Gide

Morgan
Pirate

Post by Morgan » 12-16-2002 10:29 PM

Yo, One.
Yeah, I got email that I had been blessed with free membership. I reacted the same way I do to all those AOL "free" memberships.
I have to balance the desire to get a bargain with my utter lack of interest in it. As usual, my lack of interest overpowers everything else.

Ahem... why? Am I missing something?

------------------
Morgan the Primate
**Cogito Ergo Spud**
Morgan the Primate
**Cogito Ergo Spud**

Conscious
Pirate

Post by Conscious » 12-16-2002 11:44 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by The_One:
Hey all you pirates of the night...
I was just wondering if anyone else was over there lurking. (Is this kind of talk sacrilegious?)
</font>
The_One -- Say five Hail Mary's and five Our father's - now make a good Act of Contrition.
(They still doin' that stuff?) Image
The only fact that I know about consciousness is that I'm 'Conscious'.

Cara
Pirate

Post by Cara » 12-17-2002 10:16 AM

I haven't activated my account, but may give it a try.

I got the impression that Premrad doesn't profit from this CD offer. I think it's a way for Keith and Art to make a buck. I had the impression that it was mainly a way to lessen the financial pain Keith is going through from losing the artbell site. Personally, I think Keith losing a profitable site is karma for some of his actions.

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”