Pre-Holiday Posting Pullback

Just what is says. Click and read on.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

Pre-Holiday Posting Pullback

Post by Riddick » 05-22-2017 03:26 PM

Hey Now FFolks, Just a heads-up ahead of the Memorial Day Weekend:

Due to needed preparation for the arrival and accommodation of an out-of-town guest, I won't be posting anywhere nearly as much in the coming week.

The plan is to resume posting as usual after the holiday or as time allows

My apologies for any inconvenience.

Yours Truly,
Riddick
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Re: Pre-Holiday Posting Pullback

Post by kbot » 05-23-2017 08:08 PM

Enjoy the holiday weekend. Most here will probably be trying to enjoy the time off as well, so........ :mrgreen:
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 05-24-2017 08:27 AM

Barring anything going awry or getting in the way, I'd say enjoyment of the holiday weekend is pretty much assured... What else I can say is the time will go by too fast!

In any case the prep effort will be worth it. Much of what I'm going through this week to get to the point of making things presentable has been a product of putting things off. Expecting a house guest is a great impetus for getting things done that should have been done right along

Memorial Day is widely considered to be the 'Summer kickoff' so this is like putting off 'Spring cleaning' until the very last minute. Soaking up most if not all my otherwise typical free time, as it is I'll be at it right up to the weekend.

When all's said and done, will this marathon cure me of my procrastinating ways?

-- DON'T BET ON IT ! --
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 05-24-2017 11:40 AM

Yeah, "spring cleaning" has definitely suffered this year - we had the heat on last week, and the a/c this week, then back to having the heat on...... Hoping for a family cookout the weekend,. but now they're saying rain here....... (maybe)
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Riddick
Pirate

Lawn Order

Post by Riddick » 05-24-2017 03:55 PM

Rain?? We've been having plenty of that this spring! Muddy much? It's been far from great for gardeners. But the rain HAS made the lawns grow - Plenty thick, & lotsa blades to mow -

For some folks yard care's one of life's pleasures, but for me? It's mostly a pain in the grass!!

-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Re: Lawn Order

Post by kbot » 05-24-2017 04:28 PM

Riddick wrote:Rain?? We've been having plenty of that this spring! Muddy much? It's been far from great for gardeners. But the rain HAS made the lawns grow - Plenty thick, & lotsa blades to mow -

For some folks yard care's one of life's pleasures, but for me? It's mostly a pain in the grass!!
You forgot mosquitos ........

Riddick
Pirate

Mosquitoes Suck!

Post by Riddick » 05-25-2017 01:11 AM

-Donald Trump Image

Return to “Announcements/ FYI”