New Coast to Coast Theme!

Just what is says. Click and read on.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Onision
Pirate

New Coast to Coast Theme!

Post by Onision » 11-09-2007 08:15 AM

I sent in this theme to Coast to Coast --- I'm looking for feedback as to whether or not you think it is a good theme, and if you do, please pass the link on to George ok!!!??

http://www.soundclick.com/pro/view/02/d ... ID=5795403

Any questions or comments?

TinyDancer
Pirate

Post by TinyDancer » 11-09-2007 08:41 AM

I like it dont know how to get it to George.

Panache
Pirate

Post by Panache » 11-09-2007 02:51 PM

You reach George Noory through his email address:
[email protected]

I think your piece sounds good, I know what will make it a theme song for a show and can discuss it with you if you contact me privately.
Last edited by Panache on 11-09-2007 02:57 PM, edited 1 time in total.
The most valuable thing anyone daring to lead is to cultivate and convey to others is a moral conscience. Only such persons deserve to lead others, in any capacity.

Onision
Pirate

Yes...

Post by Onision » 11-10-2007 07:55 AM

I used that email, and I got no reply --- I'm asking if anyone else would be willing to email them and see if they get a response...

I would greatly appreciate it!

zed
Pirate

Post by zed » 11-10-2007 09:36 AM

Well, you asked...

Nice vibe, but it would take a lot of work on the production to make it out of the amateur bin. For one, the beat needs to continue keep it compelling sounding, not drop out in the middle. That's OK for the dance floor, but not for a theme song.

Sounds: aside from the piano, the synth sounds are cheesy. Very "old video game" sounding, no finesse in the synth programming. Lots of open filter sounds (especially on the bass) makes things sound cheap, unprofessional.

Vocals: maybe you placed the "Coast to Coast" vocals deliberately out of time, but it's not done effectively; they simply sound out of time, nothing more. And they're not sung very well. Besides, they're superfluous for a theme song. Think about any theme song you've heard on any major radio or TV show. You rarely if ever hear the name of the show mentioned in the song itself.

Finally, some of your notes are simply out of tune (too much pitch warble) or out of scale. "Out notes" are OK for remixes, but not for a professionally produced theme song.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 11-10-2007 11:32 AM

Nice song......but the theme that has always been used for Coast rocks.....can't imagine listening to an Art intro with anything else.

Plainsman
Pirate

Post by Plainsman » 11-13-2007 08:52 PM

Panache wrote: You reach George Noory through his email address:
[email protected]

Many people call and tell George they sent him something in the mail or via email. He never says he received it. I think there's a dead letter box somewhere with all C2C mail in it.

If you want to get something to C2C, probably the best way is to send it to the webmaster. Stuff seems to actually get noticed and put up on the website occasionally.

Panache
Pirate

Post by Panache » 11-13-2007 10:28 PM

Odd, Plainsman, I've had the opposite results, though it's been several months since I've email George. The first time I emailed him I got a response back in 22 minutes. I've never received a response from Lex Luther, no matter how grave or imperative the matter was, not to mention that none of it has been acted upon, such as the "search" function on the site being obscenely poor quality -- the same incompetent search dysfunctionality today as it has had for the past few years.
The most valuable thing anyone daring to lead is to cultivate and convey to others is a moral conscience. Only such persons deserve to lead others, in any capacity.

Plainsman
Pirate

Post by Plainsman » 11-14-2007 02:32 AM

Panache wrote: Odd, Plainsman, I've had the opposite results, though it's been several months since I've email George. The first time I emailed him I got a response back in 22 minutes. I've never received a response from Lex Luther, no matter how grave or imperative the matter was, not to mention that none of it has been acted upon, such as the "search" function on the site being obscenely poor quality -- the same incompetent search dysfunctionality today as it has had for the past few years.

Did you email George during the show? That seems to be when he answers a lot of his email...in between his questions to the guest.

I was referring to people who call during open lines and say they sent a tape, a letter, a photo, a news article, a book, or something tangible to George. He always says he never got it, and asks them to send it again or something.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 11-14-2007 10:57 AM

He always says he never got it

And he never will Plainsman.

Return to “Announcements/ FYI”