One more time: Hateful and abusive speech at the Fantastic F

Just what is says. Click and read on.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Linnea

One more time: Hateful and abusive speech at the Fantastic F

Post by Linnea » 09-01-2005 11:09 PM

Again - hate speech and taunts are unnecessary - and will not be tolerated on the Fantastic Forum. I cannot be in every thread moderating every post. Everyone here, though they may come to and hold divergent views, are registered members. We need to all follow the same set of rules.

Anyone who continues to post abusive and taunting remarks, after much discussion by myself of this issue, about hateful and abusive speech, has no respect for the forum owners, moderators or other posters.

This is just an example from _____'s post here. There are many other examples all over the forum. There is a difference in stating what policies, actions or non-actions are disagreed with - and in posting hateful speech. There is not a lot of this, but it is pervasive. Vehemence, and forceful speech and points of view are appropriate. Is there anyone here who does not know the difference? If so, we can post a thread to discuss this.

We do not want to close out the political topics on this forum. We need to get a handle on this. I state again that posters of all points of view are welcome here, to discuss issues - in a respectful and considerate manner.

There are plenty of forums on the internet for 'freeper-type', soapboxing, intolerant and abusive postings. You know - the cess pools of the internet. I do not intend to stand mute as this forum devolves into one of them.

I will post this message one more time, in the announcement thread. There will be no more warnings, and accounts will begin to be suspended for continuing abuse of the agreed upon terms of posting.

If this results in a mass exodus off the ship - so be it. Those of us remaining will carry on.

If there are those reading this message, who do not understand the intent of the message - please email myself, or the forum moderators for clarification. It may also help to re-read the agreed on terms of service which can be read by visiting the main page at: http://www.fantasticforum.com and clicking on the white pirate flag.

I understand that emotions and outrage are running high in this beleaguered country of ours. I can easily express my views without posting in violation of the terms of posting.

Again - let's clean this up!!!

email address:

[email protected]
[email protected]

Fred_Vobbe
Pirate

Post by Fred_Vobbe » 09-07-2005 01:47 PM

Linnea, I have to agree. I don't know if it's just all the turmoil in the world, or the events in the south, but it seems like it’s gotten real rough on the F.F. of late. You can see that the frustration level is high.

I’m not saying we should become the Good Ship Lollypop, but some of the posts and comments have really crossed the line to being downright rude both to people on and off the forum.

I hope some folks will think how other pirates, as well as the lurkers of the F.F. will perceive them (and the group) when reading some of the more resent posts.
scientia quod ethics super ususfructus

Alien_UK
Pirate

Post by Alien_UK » 09-07-2005 02:05 PM

I have been a little naughty (short fused) towards JL. But it’s not the first time I feel thst i have been provoked no matter what the reason. As an adult I should no better and for that Linnea I sincerely apologise.

Once again thanks for the reminder.

Edit: I think the lesson here is, if you don’t have anything positive or constructive to say towards a member then don’t say anything at all. (I included) : End edit
Last edited by Alien_UK on 09-07-2005 02:43 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 09-11-2005 07:42 PM

See new rules of posting for the Politics thread in the Pub....

Black Tassel
Pirate

Post by Black Tassel » 09-26-2005 09:05 PM

Oh, how I remember when this board was a friendly, cuddly group ! The crew would hang on to each other during stormy seas and the ropes would get tested as to who could hold on the longest.

Lighten up, you newcomer Pirates........... this stuff's not welcome aboard the Good Ship Fantastic ! :D
Grobanite Forever

daboodaddy
Pirate

Post by daboodaddy » 09-27-2005 12:06 AM

" This is just an example from _____'s post here. There are many other examples all over the forum. There is a difference in stating what policies, actions or non-actions are disagreed with - and in posting hateful speech."

What quote, please? Swimbaadd? Or the condsending thoughts of our most recent, pseudo-dem, who is totally sarcastic?

Just morbidly curious.:eek:
Question EVERYTHING, even your OWN thoughts.
A "Daboodaddyism"

Return to “Announcements/ FYI”