Fantastic Forum 2/companion forum sign up!

Just what is says. Click and read on.

Moderator: Super Moderators

TABwebmaster
Boatswain

Post by TABwebmaster » 01-07-2003 01:38 PM

Linnea~

Did you decide to abandon this?
http://fantasticforum.com/1bb/index.php

PHP is great! I started reading up on it and it's really cool all the things you can do with it...same with Perl!

I won't be much help with those two programming languages but PHP is fairly easy to learn if you dedicate yourself to it.

I like the look of the new board from what I can see. Sometimes change is good.

Anyway
Mark

------------------

Kevin
Pirate

Post by Kevin » 01-07-2003 07:36 PM

Love the new look!

Makes you feel warm and fuzzy all over...

Vert
Pirate

Post by Vert » 01-08-2003 07:18 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Captain Fantastic:
We are starting up a companion forum with a php nuke format - to run in tandem with Fantastic Forum. We will eventually be migrating Fantastic Forum there as this current cgi format is not as durable, and will inevitably run into more problems with 'reg' - by and by.

Please post your comments and suggested categories and topics for the new php/tandem forum. Fantastic Forum is not going anywhere soon - and when/if we do migrate - we will retain the name - Fantastic Forum Image So - take a look, register and check out some of the features. Help us build a new home for all us cyber pirates.

----------NOTE: We will post the link to the new FF2/Tandem Forum a bit later today.

[This message has been edited by Linnea Meyer (edited 03 November 2002).]
</font>
So you were going to go to phpnuke. But decided against it hrm....

I still advocate moving to a new type of forum. PHPBB or Invision board. And just keep the current content up as an archive...

-ES

------------------

revisedcode
DREAD PIRATE

Post by revisedcode » 01-08-2003 07:28 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Vert:
So you were going to go to phpnuke. But decided against it hrm....

I still advocate moving to a new type of forum. PHPBB or Invision board. And just keep the current content up as an archive...

-ES

</font>
Yup I like nuke with a phpbb2 and gallery plugins, whats nice about nuke is you can plugin modules now.

I really like the more powerfull mysql/php bbs, however I need a script to keep our MEMBER DB and convert it to a new format, this is a lot of work.

RC Image
In war there is but one favorable moment; the great art is to seize it!

Bonaparte

Riddick
Pirate

It Ain't The FF 2, But It IS A Companion Forum!

Post by Riddick » 05-28-2016 03:42 PM

Just putting in a plug for the FF Lifeboat, a haven in case of an outage here

http://fantasticforum.freeforums.net/

kbot, he got scads of ads and didn't get through the sign-up; it's ad supported, I won't be changing that, fact is I don't get a deluge of 'em, as it is YMMV

Any case for anyone with sign-up troubles I'll help getcha goin', just lemme know
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Return to “Announcements/ FYI”