Are You Emotionally Intelligent? Here’s How to Know for Sure

Moderator: Super Moderators

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 08-16-2019 12:07 PM

This is a great topic for those who suffer from lifes woes. The only qualification, to be Honest with yourself. Granted, some just Don't have the capacity to do so. Much prefer shaming and blaming others without looking in the mirror......ever....!

Some people are just born with this emotional integrity, bless them! It certainly was Not in my case. I always tell the story , that I was in such bad shape, I didn't even know I had a "Self" to be honest with :lol: But, everyone starts from somewhere or not.

Emotional intelligence is a huge driver of success.

When emotional intelligence (EQ) first appeared to the masses, it served as the missing link in a peculiar finding: people with average IQs outperform those with the highest IQs 70 percent of the time. This anomaly threw a massive wrench into the broadly held assumption that IQ was the sole source of success.

Decades of research now point to emotional intelligence as being the critical factor that sets star performers apart from the rest of the pack. The connection is so strong that 90 percent of top performers have high emotional intelligence.

Emotional intelligence is the "something" in each of us that is a bit intangible. It affects how we manage behavior, navigate social complexities, and make personal decisions to achieve positive results.

Despite the significance of EQ, its intangible nature makes it difficult to measure and to know what to do to improve it if you're lacking. You can always take a scientifically validated test, such as the one that comes with the Emotional Intelligence 2.0 book, but unfortunately, most such tests aren't free. So, I've analyzed the data from the million-plus people TalentSmart has tested in order to identify the behaviors that are the hallmarks of a high EQ. What follows are sure signs that you have a high EQ.

List of 18 Helpful Things

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/are- ... ket-newtab
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Doka
Pirate

Re: Are You Emotionally Intelligent? Here’s How to Know for Sure

Post by Doka » 08-16-2019 12:14 PM

On any given day, if I possess a handful of these suggestions at one time, I'm having a great day. Progress, not perfection. If I was perfect, I wouldn't be here , on this planet , in the 1st place! :D
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Return to “Philosophy”