Nation Tired of Explaining Things to Idiots

Moderator: Super Moderators

kbot
Pirate

Re: Nation Tired of Explaining Things to Idiots

Post by kbot » 03-01-2018 01:11 PM

Raggedyann wrote: 02-28-2018 05:28 PM
Privacy concerns is a bi partisan issue, not just the left Kbot. My word you certainly have an obsession with liberal people being the root of all evil. Strange!

Instead of trying to navigate privacy issues, which is just about impossible in a country the size of the U.S., why not just do the simple thing and ban assault weapons, that nobody needs? Ya gotta change your gun culture down there. There's more to life than trying to emulate unrealistically heroic movie stars, like for instance safety for your children. I can't imaging living in a place where I would be afraid to send my kids to school and have to live with that fear because some bat **** crazy people with a huge egos want to play with war weapons. That just doesn't make any sense to the rest of the developed world. :confused:
[/quote]

I don't have an obsession with the Left on this, RA, but these laws are preventing the sharing of information which could be used to stop these types of tragedies from occurring in the first place..

Let me give you an analogy - people are driving everyday without a driver's license of insurance, and getting into accidents, sometimes killing innocent people. Using the logic of the anti-gun crowd, since this is occurring, then it follows that no one should drive:

U.S. vehicle deaths topped 40,000 in 2017, National Safety Council estimates
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/ca ... 340012002/

Gun Deaths Increased in 2017, Gun Violence Archive Data Show

At least 15,549 people were killed by guns in the United States in 2017, excluding most suicides, according to data collected by Gun Violence Archive (GVA), a nonprofit organization that tracks media and law enforcement reports of shootings. The number, which marks a 3 percent increase over the previous year, offers an early indication that the recent rise in gun deaths recorded by federal agencies is continuing.

https://www.thetrace.org/rounds/gun-dea ... ease-2017/

I am not a fan of guns RA, and I've said that plenty of times before, BUT, there are multiple issues here. Death by any form is tragic. Gun violence gets the most coverage simply because its a hot button issue. But do the deaths of those who died by a gun mean more than someone killed by a car? Of course not, but only the Left is advocating this "throw out the baby with the bathwater" solution, which does squat to address the underlying problem of people kill. A gun, sitting on a table by itself, does not kill anyone. Someone had to pull the trigger, and until the Left grasps the simple concept that they need to deal with the larger issue of people and how they think and do what they do, nothing is going to get fixed.

I'd like to see a national database that ALL mental health providers and social workers are required to use - as many other healthcare providers have to enter various forms of data - that simply says, Patient A has mental health issues. This database could then be accessed by local police to aid them in determining whether the individual should be provided a permit to carry. I see nothing wrong with this as we ALL have to submit to something in order to, for example, get a driving license, or take out a loan or, you name it. As a society, we are letting people with mental health issues have free access to guns with no constraints at all and this need to stop.

Will this fix all gun violence problems, most likely not, but you have to start somewhere...... and the Left won't even consider this issue.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 03-01-2018 02:16 PM

I can't imaging living in a place where I would be afraid to send my kids to school and have to live with that fear because some bat **** crazy people with a huge egos want to play with war weapons. That just doesn't make any sense to the rest of the developed world. 
A bit "Racist" :confused: , but of course, you would NOT Consider Mexico part of the "Developed World", That would mean
hypocrisy, at it's finest?

With 25,339 murders in 2017, Mexico suffers record homicide tally

MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - There were more than 25,000 murders across drug-ravaged Mexico in 2017, the highest annual tally since modern records began, government data showed.

Investigators opened 25,339 murder probes last year, up nearly 25 percent from the 2016 tally, interior ministry data released on Saturday showed. It was the highest annual total since the government began counting murders in 1997.

Mexico has struggled with years of violence as the government has battled vicious drug cartels that have increasingly splintered into smaller, more bloodthirsty, gangs.

Violence is a central issue in July’s presidential election. Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto faces an uphill battle to keep his ruling Institutional Revolutionary Party in office.

There were 40 percent more murder investigations opened last year compared with 2013, Pena Nieto’s first full year in office.

Mexico on Thursday dismissed a claim by U.S. President Donald Trump that it was the most dangerous country in the world.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mexi ... SKBN1FA12R
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 03-01-2018 02:25 PM

Doka wrote: 03-01-2018 02:16 PM
I can't imaging living in a place where I would be afraid to send my kids to school and have to live with that fear because some bat **** crazy people with a huge egos want to play with war weapons. That just doesn't make any sense to the rest of the developed world. 
A bit "Racist" :confused: , but of course, you would NOT Consider Mexico part of the "Developed World", That would mean
hypocrisy, at it's finest?

With 25,339 murders in 2017, Mexico suffers record homicide tally

MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - There were more than 25,000 murders across drug-ravaged Mexico in 2017, the highest annual tally since modern records began, government data showed.

Investigators opened 25,339 murder probes last year, up nearly 25 percent from the 2016 tally, interior ministry data released on Saturday showed. It was the highest annual total since the government began counting murders in 1997.

Mexico has struggled with years of violence as the government has battled vicious drug cartels that have increasingly splintered into smaller, more bloodthirsty, gangs.

Violence is a central issue in July’s presidential election. Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto faces an uphill battle to keep his ruling Institutional Revolutionary Party in office.

There were 40 percent more murder investigations opened last year compared with 2013, Pena Nieto’s first full year in office.

Mexico on Thursday dismissed a claim by U.S. President Donald Trump that it was the most dangerous country in the world.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mexi ... SKBN1FA12R
Guess where Mexico gets its guns? The good ol USA.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 03-01-2018 03:45 PM

Kabot

I am not a fan of guns RA, and I've said that plenty of times before, BUT, there are multiple issues here. Death by any form is tragic. Gun violence gets the most coverage simply because its a hot button issue. But do the deaths of those who died by a gun mean more than someone killed by a car? Of course not, but only the Left is advocating this "throw out the baby with the bathwater" solution, which does squat to address the underlying problem of people kill. A gun, sitting on a table by itself, does not kill anyone. Someone had to pull the trigger, and until the Left grasps the simple concept that they need to deal with the larger issue of people and how they think and do what they do, nothing is going to get fixed.

I'd like to see a national database that ALL mental health providers and social workers are required to use - as many other healthcare providers have to enter various forms of data - that simply says, Patient A has mental health issues. This database could then be accessed by local police to aid them in determining whether the individual should be provided a permit to carry. I see nothing wrong with this as we ALL have to submit to something in order to, for example, get a driving license, or take out a loan or, you name it. As a society, we are letting people with mental health issues have free access to guns with no constraints at all and this need to stop.

Will this fix all gun violence problems, most likely not, but you have to start somewhere...... and the Left won't even consider this issue.
Well said Kbot. And a darned good solution.

BUT , Until, this most god awful Democrat, Obama/Holder program is done away with all of our schools and children will be at risk! .

Remember all the school shootings of the past, including the most recent, that after the crimes it always came out that the the perpetrators where ALWAYS KNOWN to the FBI and police agencies. BUT, nothing was done??.? To stop them??

Here is WHY.....

PROMISE stands for: “Preventing Recidivism through Opportunities, Mentoring, Interventions, Supports & Education.” It’s an Obama program that pressures schools into lowering the arrest rate of minority students. It’s in at least 50 school districts.

Students who would normally be subject to arrest for bad acts in school, including assaults, are instead mentored so they have no arrest record. They don’t show up in background checks, hint, hint. That’s the PROMISE Program mission.

After the Parkland school shooting, the Washington Post looked into it. Broward schools used to have more in-school arrests than any other Florida district before the shift to the PROMISE Program. The Post reports that the shooter, Nikolas Cruz, was getting into trouble around the time of the policy shift. His behavior problems in school included insubordination, profanity, disruption, fighting and assault.

Now we know that, despite multiple red flags and despite 45 contacts with police, Cruz was not arrested. And without an arrest record, he was able to pass a background check to legally purchase weapons, like an AR-15 with which he murdered 17 people.

The Democrat Party runs Broward County, from the police to the schools. It’s Democrats, and not the NRA, who must answer for this — and at whom you must be livid.

The only conclusion that I can come to. Is that to the Democrats, that dead children are just look at as "Collateral Damage" to keep people of color and illegals, SAFE. And they are NOT going to give up that Bargaining Chip easily.

Makes even the NRA, look like silly stuff, compared to the Monstrous Cold Blooded Libs!
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 03-01-2018 04:56 PM

Guess where Mexico gets its guns? The good ol USA.

Probably some but certainly NOT ALL, Arms dealers tend to have more freedom in shipping and receiving outside of the US.

If you mean Eric Holder, Obamies Head of the DOJ, that was running guns and amo into Mexico. OR Hitlery that was running guns and other wonderful stuff, like Sarin gas and etc to the mid-east for some pocket money, Good Liberals that they are?

This idea rest the World is some sort of Utopian , gun free, paradise, only lives , forever trapped in the dark spaces, between one's ears.

How are you doing managing Canada's gun violence?

Gun violence isn’t just a U.S. problem—and Canada isn’t immune

Many Canadians woke up on Monday morning to the horrific news that more than 50 people were killed in Las Vegas; it was the worst mass shooting in modern American history, and the 35th one in 2017 alone. But while Canadians are caught up in the shock of yet another high-profile shooting in our neighbour to the south, gun violence across many Canadian cities has exploded over the past few years, too. Many of the country’s mayors and police chiefs are scrambling to address this problem, but a lack of available current data, as well as a lack of concerted effort from federal and provincial political leaders, has made tackling this issue arduous. Mass shootings in America should serve as reminders that Canadians shouldn’t be so smug as to believe that we’re immune to such issues.

http://www.macleans.ca/opinion/gun-viol ... nt-immune/
KARMA RULES

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 03-01-2018 05:26 PM

True, we do have gun violence here and our thugs get their guns from your gun loving country. No matter what the article says, I live here and our gun issues are nowhere near on the same scale as yours are. I have now lived in a city of 100,00 people for a year and this city has reported one shooting by drug thugs in the entire year. See why we don't have the same problem that you do? Ordinary citizens are not armed and a permit is required to move a hand gun from one location to another. Our background checks are strict. Our biggest problem is with criminals illegally obtaining guns from the US. But as long as they just shoot each who cares? Unfortunately, innocent people do get caught in the crossfire but that too is a rare occurrence.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 03-02-2018 12:15 PM

This is actually closer to what we're experiencing here than you may think RA. True, while many gun holders do fall through the cracks, as Doka explained, due to existing government programs which shield those with mental health issues from having their information made available, as with the example you gave, many guns here are bought illegally, and used by criminals. Most honest, law-abiding people here who own guns are not the one's committing the crimes, it is those who are procuring the guns illegally, OR, purchasing them legally because the government does not allow for the sharing of information which would have prevented the legal purchase during the background check.

Also, another point - a number of guns are stolen from the government (whether military or police) and thee are used in crimes later. So, are we supposed to demand that the military or police not be armed? If the Air Force had updated the database with information on their dishonorable discharges, some people who have been killed here by people deemed undesirable by the military might be alive today.

The thing is, we have tools to lower these deaths - we just don't hold people accountable.........
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 03-02-2018 01:49 PM

The National Rifle Association (NRA) has poured millions of dollars into political campaigns, ensuring that gun laws remain lax. Kbot, I know that you know this is true. Trump even accused congress members of being scared of the NRA right on TV the other day. Even though he himself received 31 mil from the NRA he has no loyalty and will impulsively throw anyone under the bus. But Pence brought the NRA into the White House yesterday to straighten out the orange man.

Comparison to US
According to a StatsCan report from 2012 – the most recent year available – the U.S. suffered a total of 8,813 murders involving the use of firearms that year. Canada, in the same year, recorded just 172 firearms-related homicides.

“When looking at firearm-related homicide rates in comparable countries, Canada’s rate is about seven times lower than that of the United States (3.5 per 100,000 population), although it is higher than several other peer countries. While Canada’s firearm-related homicide rate is similar to those in Ireland and Switzerland, it is significantly higher than the rates in Japan (0.01 per 100,000 population) and the United Kingdom (0.06 per 100,000 population),” states StatsCan’s findings, which do not include Quebec figures.

Presently, Canadian law classifies firearms into three categories: prohibited, restricted, and non-restricted. Prohibited firearms include military-grade assault weapons such as AK-47s and sawn-off rifles or shotguns. Handguns are generally classified as restricted weapons, while rifles and shotguns are usually non-restricted. The AR-15 rifles used by the San Bernardino suspects is classified as restricted.

Anyone wishing to buy a gun in Canada and/or ammunition must have a valid licence under the Firearms Act. To obtain a firearms licence, all applicants must undergo a screening process, which includes a safety course, criminal history and background checks, provision of personal references, and a mandatory waiting period.

https://www.nationalobserver.com/2015/1 ... re-canadas

The waiting period is around 3 months.

Unlike the US, the above criteria is strictly adhered to and most of us hope this never changes. Our previous conservative PM wanted to loosen gun laws and the use of currently restricted weapons and we kicked his ass out the door. Oh sure, there are people who whine and snivel about our strict gun laws but they are the minority in this country.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 03-02-2018 08:17 PM

RA, here's a difference, Canada enforces laws - the US doesn't. We have sanctuary cities, and mayors, such as in Oakland, who warned illegals of a round-up (potentially breaking US immigration law). The Left doesn't care here. I agree, the NRA pumps millions into campaigns, but so does Planned Parenthood - and they're responsible for more deaths than the NRA is. Here's the difference, the NRA is made-up of members who promote gun safety. Their members are farmers, ranchers, high school kids, cops, military - hardly a gang banger among them. What the NRA does is completely legal under American law.

The Left feels that they can reduce these attacks by going after those who are obeying the law, which makes absolutely no sense at all.

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 03-03-2018 12:10 AM

I agree with you Kbot.

Here are some mind blowing numbers for ya all.

Canada Population 35,151,728 million

US population 327,288,246 million

California , one state out of 50 has more people in it than the whole country of Canada! At 39,536,653 !

2 not so good things that Canada and The US have in common, is unchecked immigration and drugs, and with the druggies come the guns, now these folks you will never see in line, getting a gun permit! Drugs and Guns need humans to distribute them, and to protect a world wide multi-Billion/Trillion? Business. Shipments come from the south , go north through the US into Canada, Come in from Canada going south, the drug hi-ways are plenty full , all over the world.

The "Hated Orange Guy" is trying to slow down or send back, those that would cause the Citizens harm,bringing their weapons , drugs, and blood lust. But it seems it is not popular, Suicide by Politics. What a way to go.

These 9 maps show where Canada’s illegal drugs are coming from

https://globalnews.ca/news/3636788/thes ... ming-from/

Population Clock

https://www.census.gov/popclock/
KARMA RULES

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 03-03-2018 12:50 PM

Unlike the US, the above criteria is strictly adhered to and most of us hope this never changes. Our previous conservative PM wanted to loosen gun laws and the use of currently restricted weapons and we kicked his ass out the door. Oh sure, there are people who whine and snivel about our strict gun laws but they are the minority in this country.
Like we have recently discovered, you CAN NOT act on something that is NOT reported. In the mean time drug induced citizens are so much easier to control, countries are so much easier to overthrow, this is your Beloved government in action and they know exactly what they are doing! By design. Until we ALL back off and see the bigger picture, many will root for their own down fall.

Victoria police chief wants welfare-cheque distribution staggered to ease 911 overload

Police, firefighters and paramedics are so overwhelmed with drug-related 911 calls in the days after welfare cheques are issued that Victoria’s police chief wants the province to consider staggering distribution of the cheques throughout the month.

“Generally speaking, we see a spike during the evening of welfare Wednesday and the day or two after of overdose calls, disturbances, drug activity occurring. Sometimes someone has been defrauded or robbed,” Police Chief Del Manak said.

“A lot of it has to do with addictions and over consumption of alcohol and drug use.”

Manak outlined the problem in a Feb. 22 letter to Sheila Taylor, deputy minister of social development and poverty reduction.

The spike in calls “taxes emergency service resources, many of whom are already operating at or beyond capacity,” Manak wrote.

He acknowledged that changes to the welfare system could be costly and complex, but urged Taylor to consider a pilot project in a B.C. community.

“I just want to step back and make sure the government has considered whether there is a benefit to re-looking at how the cheques are distributed,” Manak said.

“I want to have the discussion: ‘Are you aware that by doing this, it puts a lot of downward pressure on your first responders?’”

Manak did not have specific statistics on calls in the days after cheque day, but said it’s “a significant increase.”

Cameron Eby, president of the union that represents B.C. paramedics and emergency dispatchers, said there’s a noticeable spike in overdose calls in the days after distribution of income assistance cheques, typically on the last Wednesday of every month. “It does put an additional strain on paramedic workload.”

He said he wouldn’t be opposed to Manak’s proposal.

The B.C. Coroners Service said in its January report that “more fatal overdoses occurred during the days following income assistance payment than all other days in 2017.”

Staff at social housing operators such as Victoria Cool Aid Society and Our Place Society confirm a spike in drug overdoses after cheques are issued.

The rest of the Story

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news ... 1-overload
KARMA RULES

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 03-03-2018 08:32 PM

Interesting article:

According to our research, at least 59% of the 185 public mass shootings that took place in the United States from 1900 through 2017 were carried out by people who had either been diagnosed with a mental disorder or demonstrated signs of serious mental illness prior to the attack. (We define a mass public shooting as any incident in which four or more victims are killed with a gun within a 24-hour period at a public location in the absence of military conflict, collective violence or other criminal activity, such as robberies, drug deals or gang turf wars.)

Mother Jones found a similarly high rate of potential mental health problems among perpetrators of mass shootings — 61% — when the magazine examined 62 cases in 2012.

Both rates are considerably higher than those found in the general population — more than three times higher than the rate of mental illness found among American adults, and about 15 times higher than the rate of serious mental illness found among American adults.

And yet this nuance often gets lost in mainstream news reports. In a story that largely suggested mass murderers are not "insane," the New York Times cited research showing that, in fact, mass murderers are nearly 20 times more likely to have a "severe" mental illness than the general population.

According to our research, only one-third of the people who have committed mass shootings in the U.S. since 1900 had sought or received mental health care prior to their attacks, which suggests that most shooters did not seek or receive care they may have needed.

This treatment gap is underscored by evidence showing that the U.S. has higher rates of untreated serious mental illness than most other Western countries. Additional research shows that the gap is even larger for males, who have committed 99% of the country's mass public shootings.

Although the link between mass shootings and mental illness has only recently gained widespread recognition, the correlation itself is longstanding. Indeed, we see it in some of the earliest such shootings in the U.S. Gilbert Twigg, who opened fire on a concert crowd in Winfield, Kan., in 1903, killing nine, had displayed signs of paranoia beforehand. Howard Unruh, who shot and killed 13 people in Camden, N.J., in 1949, was later diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. (Both were also Army veterans who had seen combat.)

One of the primary reasons some are reluctant to establish the link between mass shootings and mental illness is a fear that it will lead to the stigmatization of such disorders. This concern is valid. The vast majority of people with mental disorders are not violent, after all.

Conversely, some have insisted — wrongly, in our opinion — that mass public shootings are strictly a mental health problem rather than a gun problem. They, too, are on the wrong side of the evidence. It's possible for mass public shootings to be both a gun problem and a mental health problem.

Increasing access to mental health care may reduce mass public shootings. But while such events are more commonplace than they should be, the reality may be that they're still too rare to develop and implement policies that reduce their incidence or severity specifically.
http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la ... story.html

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate
Location: SW IN USA-UK Midlands SCANIAowner @ Sound Cloud - @ Supernaturalearth

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 03-03-2018 09:45 PM

kbot noted, "It's possible for mass public shootings to be both a gun problem and a mental health problem"

Historically in Switzerland every cool headed citizen is required to own a clip fed rifle provided by their Swiss government. Which makes them #1 world wide as the safest country for human habitation!

We know there's 330,000,000 Americans and approximately 250,000,000 guns. So if we ever enact that law here we are roughly 80,000,000 guns short to begin with! :oops:

Yep! That law will never happen here since long ago we missed the empty boat that sailed without us as it's passengers. 🙈 🙉 🙊 🚢

MK II 🚒
[*]@ #2 Find the eerie antedating of 12/7/1941 vs 9/11/01

#1 A

https://youtu.be/DUY8aSx8-yo

#1 B

🌎 🏔 🌏 🗻 🌍 🌋
https://youtu.be/ajRuvYMk30E

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/superna ... -t543.html

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 03-04-2018 12:23 PM

"Conversely, some have insisted — wrongly, in our opinion — that mass public shootings are strictly a mental health problem rather than a gun problem. They, too, are on the wrong side of the evidence. It's possible for mass public shootings to be both a gun problem and a mental health problem."
It's possible for mass public shootings to be both a gun problem and a mental health problem.

Do you think?

What if we changed the word "gun" into "toothpicks" and there was a rash of attacks of poking "toothpicks" into peoples eyes? Would you call that "Normal" and Acceptable" behavior? In this supposedly elevated society? Neither "guns" nor "toothpicks" go flying around on their own. HUmmmm, What ever could be the common denominator in these "Attacks"?
Think hard! Could it be a "Human"? A flawed , turned Evil human? So we would of course have to ban "toothpicks"! :confused:

I would think that such an "Elevated Society" would take on the problem of such broken humans, head on, not only to protect a society from them, but to protect them from themselves, who in their Right Mind wants to be a murderer? If you don't know right from wrong.........Don't even attempt to answer the question!!!
KARMA RULES

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 03-04-2018 01:12 PM

Doka wrote: 03-03-2018 12:10 AM I agree with you Kbot.

Here are some mind blowing numbers for ya all.

Canada Population 35,151,728 million

US population 327,288,246 million

California , one state out of 50 has more people in it than the whole country of Canada! At 39,536,653 !

2 not so good things that Canada and The US have in common, is unchecked immigration and drugs, and with the druggies come the guns, now these folks you will never see in line, getting a gun permit! Drugs and Guns need humans to distribute them, and to protect a world wide multi-Billion/Trillion? Business. Shipments come from the south , go north through the US into Canada, Come in from Canada going south, the drug hi-ways are plenty full , all over the world.

The "Hated Orange Guy" is trying to slow down or send back, those that would cause the Citizens harm,bringing their weapons , drugs, and blood lust. But it seems it is not popular, Suicide by Politics. What a way to go.

These 9 maps show where Canada’s illegal drugs are coming from

https://globalnews.ca/news/3636788/thes ... ming-from/

Population Clock

https://www.census.gov/popclock/
The size of nation has nothing to do with gun laws being enforced. That is ridiculous. It's like saying that large countries can't control murders so don't bother enforcing the law against them.

When they put out stats Doka, they use per capita: which means that for every 100,000 people in the US eleven people are killed by guns and in Canada, for every 100,000 3 people are killed by guns. Get it now? The only difference in reasoning between these 2 stats is GUN CONTROL that Canada has and America doesn't.
Last edited by Raggedyann on 03-04-2018 01:54 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Philosophy”