Ahoy Maties!

Join in most nights at 10pm Pacific for 'Almost Live' posting - with the Fantastic Forum Pirates - now featuring Art Bell's Midnight in the Desert show posting.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Boomer Geezer
ORR Co-Mod and Google Champ

Ahoy Maties!

Post by Boomer Geezer » 07-01-2008 03:47 PM

Hi Linnea, Shirley and all the new Pirates I see out there.

I bumped into Shirley the other day in AOL chat and I told her that I would try to come in here and say hello to everyone to let you know that I'm still around.

I'll give you all a brief update on how I'm doing and what is going on.

First of all the GOOD news -- Several weeks ago I had a total of 4 biopsies done on the tumor area of the esophagus/stomach where I was diagnosed with Stage IV adenocarcinoma in Nov 2005 and given 3 - 6 months to live.

All 4 biopsies came back BENIGN, which, for this type of cancer, the doctor said is nothing short of a miracle, for the survival rate of 1 year, for my diagnosis, was something like 6 to 9%.

So I'm thankful to all of you who have sent me prayers and light during this time of crisis in my life.

The downside, which is rather minor compared to the above, is that the cancer is still in my blood and lymph system, and according to the several Oncologists that I see, could rear it's ugly head at any time and still metastize to nasty places. So I'm still in constant prayer and meditation. Also, I'm still taking a course of home chemotherapy to keep things from blossoming.

The medication (for the cancer and other things) still makes for some bad times for me and compounded with my limitations due to other things (I won't bore you), makes it difficult for me to keep a regular schedule.

HOWEVER, I'll try my darndest to get out here at 6PM (Pacific) to say hello and see how things are going.

Shirley keeps me updated and I'll download the show(s) she posts at the start of each thread, so I can chat on the same wavelength with y'alls.

BTW, Linnea, my hamming has been severely curtained due to the several frequent moves we have had to endure in the last year, but *maybe* I'll be able to get a stealth antenna up and see what happens -- though that's still in the future seeing we're in a smaller apartment and it's a challenge finding a place for our computers let alone setting up the shack LOL!

Anyway, that's it in a nutshell, folks.

Thanks again for all your wonderful support, and, like I said, I'll try to be out here when I can.

God bless and light to you all.

John / W6JTK

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 07-01-2008 04:05 PM

Hello John, great to hear from you, as you know we would love to see you in the ORR when you can make it, it is always great to hear from you and the news that your tests came back clear is a Miracle, I know that prayer works and we will keep praying for you.

(((((((LOVE & HUGS My Friend))))))

Starry Night
Pirate

Post by Starry Night » 07-01-2008 04:57 PM

Boomer, Thanks for dropping by and giving us the update! We will continue prayers and good, healing thoughts.

Hugs and prayers from Chicago

Shimmering Auro
Pirate

Post by Shimmering Auro » 07-01-2008 05:07 PM

Boomer, it's so good to see you posting again. :)

Love, Light - and many Prayers ... heading your way.

Shimmering Aurora
shimmeringaurora(at)yahoo(dot)com

vigo
Chief Swabbie

Post by vigo » 07-01-2008 05:10 PM

So good to hear from you Boomer. :)
Outstanding! I know it is still a long road and all, but every miracle needs a standing ovation and a cheer.

Will continue to keep you in good thoughts and prayers.

Well, better late than never, I suppose... Joe Quinn. ;)

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 07-01-2008 05:22 PM

Hi Boomer Geezer :),
This is wonderful news. You are and will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.
racehorse

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 07-01-2008 05:24 PM

"Awesome !!!"

Sending Love and Light for a (((full recovery))), John...
:) :) :)

Swerdloc
Pirate

Post by Swerdloc » 07-01-2008 06:23 PM

Great to hear from you, Boomer! The white light engine is still chugging and you're in its coordinates.
Anchors Aweigh

WestBorder
Pirate

Post by WestBorder » 07-01-2008 07:33 PM

BG, although we've never met before I've heard so many good things about you!

I am rejoicing with you for you miracle and will keep prayers of healing coming your way.

Looking forward to meeting you online in the Forum very soon. :)

WestBorder
Anchors Aweigh!

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 07-01-2008 10:10 PM

BOOMER! Wow, it was SO good to see your post! You have been missed!

Thank you for sharing your health status. Sounds like you've been on a roller coaster ride, friend. Take a respite as often as you can and ride the waves with your mates -- the FF is a great diversion!

Sending streams of white light and healing vibes to you...and please let us know when you need a strong mindblast. This ship delivers!!

Big hugs to you!
HJ
It's either real or it's a dream, There's nothing that is in between. ~ Jeff Lynne

Kaztronic

Post by Kaztronic » 07-01-2008 10:20 PM

Nice to meetcha Boomer :)
Image "You'll get used to my babbling, all the others have." - Anna Madrigal from "Tales Of The City" by Armistead Maupin

Beansidhe
Pirate

Post by Beansidhe » 07-06-2008 01:05 AM

Boomer! Good to hear your still in there awinging! Many prayers coming at ya!
Seize the moment! Think of all those women on the 'Titanic' who waved off the dessert cart! -- Erma Bombeck

pattiwacki
Pirate

Post by pattiwacki » 07-10-2008 09:00 PM

PTL, Boomer! Glad to hear the good news! Will continue to pray-
Viva noche, viva vida!

Return to “Fantastic Forum 'Original Radio Room'”