Plane Flew for 4 hrs After Vanishing

Global news scene

Moderator: Super Moderators

Raggedyann
Pirate

Plane Flew for 4 hrs After Vanishing

Post by Raggedyann » 03-13-2014 03:57 AM

U.S. counterterrorism officials are pursuing the possibility that a pilot or someone else on board the plane may have diverted it toward an undisclosed location after intentionally turning off the jetliner's transponders to avoid radar detection.

http://online.wsj.com/news/article_emai ... MzExNDMyWj

Is it possible that this plane could have landed somewhere? Probably not, dunno. :confused:
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 03-13-2014 09:37 AM

It is a strange story to be sure. There is a lot of monkey business being talked about. It seems to me the most likely scenario is a crash into the ocean, but so much speculation, and much of it is coming from the major media. Rise of the new new conspiracy theories?
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 03-13-2014 10:10 AM

Alot of the passengers mobile phones ARE STILL RINGING WHEN CALLED!! (If the phones were OFF it would only ring once if it did at all)

VERY ODD STORY FOR SURE!!!!!!!!

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 03-13-2014 02:19 PM

Not only have the families lost loved ones, they also have to put up with every new clue being discredited 5 minutes after it has been reported. This must be an unimaginable and cruel roller coaster ride. :(
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

starrmtn001
Jester Mod

Post by starrmtn001 » 03-13-2014 03:25 PM

I watched the news this morning. Nothing. No updates.

I did find some links on the Drudge Report. Here's one from CBS:
http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/03/ ... le-debris/

There are more at The Drudge Report:
http://drudgereport.com/

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 03-13-2014 07:01 PM

Funny how the engine data continues to report long after the transponders were turned off.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 03-13-2014 07:48 PM

Don't know why, but as I was watching the news tonight with my wife, all I could think of was Diego Garcia - the US Air Force base off the coast of India. With a runway long enough to handle long-range B52 Stratofortress bombers, the island is capable of handling a 777 landing and is well within the range as described by the news broadcasts.

Maybe it's my reading of Phillip Marshall's 9-11 books that makes me think this way......

Snippet:

Diego Garcia is an atoll located in the heart of the Indian Ocean, some 1,000 miles (1,600 kilometres) south of India's southern coast. Diego Garcia is the largest atoll by land area of the Chagos Archipelago. It is part of the British Indian Ocean Territory (BIOT), a British overseas territory. Since the depopulation of Diego Garcia in the years leading up to 1973, it has been used as a military base by the United States. Diego Garcia hosts one of three ground antennas (others are on Kwajalein and Ascension Island) that assist in the operation of the Global Positioning System (GPS) navigational system

http://virtualglobetrotting.com/map/bom ... ?service=0

Go to the link and after getting a view of the B52s lined-up on the runway, scroll out and get an idea of where Diego Garcia is located compared to Malaysia.

Plus, since 2007 at least, Diego Garcia has been listed as a known staging area for CIA ops and rendition.

Maybe its me........ :rolleyes:
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 03-13-2014 09:14 PM

Twilight Zone: The odyssey of flight 33

A commercial jet disappears at 35 thousand and goes back in time..

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/v/5RuIrMADj9U

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/v/VErYSJStm3s

Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/v/lYIgEJnddAk

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 03-13-2014 09:48 PM

An aviation investigator on TV was likening this incident to the 1996 Ethiopian hijacking. In that case, the hijackers refused to allow the pilot to land when he informed them that the plane was running out of fuel. Guess the hijackers must not have believed him and when the fuel ran out, he tried to land in the ocean. Some people lived through it. Perhaps this is the same scenario. Makes sense considering the engine was transmitting for a few hours after the transponders were turned off.

As for the lack of qualifying in regards to the reporting, apparently investigative people are not allowed to disclose their identities to the media when disclosing their findings. This sure opens the door for all sorts of unqualified speculation on behalf of the supposed investigative authorities. Plays right into the ratings game.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 03-14-2014 03:03 PM

There are about 50 runways they could have landed at. It seems that they had a waiver for an extra 1000lbs of lithium batteries, which makes for interesting speculation.
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 03-14-2014 03:04 PM

If/when we see new laws coming in dealing with this (ie: national ID cards with RFID or the like) then we will know what happened. If we don't see that then it may well remain a mystery.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 03-17-2014 09:09 PM

An aircraft flying for 7 hrs after turning off its transponders and changing its course willy nilly, could be considered a threat. A rogue aircraft is a very scary prospect in this day and age. I wonder if a military force helped it into the drink?
Last edited by Raggedyann on 03-17-2014 11:23 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 03-18-2014 07:18 AM

Raggedyann wrote: An aircraft flying for 7 hrs after turning off its transponders and changing its course willy nilly, could be considered a threat. A rogue aircraft is a very scary prospect in this day and age. I wonder if a military force helped it into the drink?

yes very possible... they would not want to talk about doing that, for sure.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 03-19-2014 12:12 AM

Really, why make things needlessly complicated!

Something overlooked in all of this: Strange, isn't it, how HB3 stopped posting - and then about 2 1/2 months later, a Malaysian airliner disappears in-flight without a trace. Hardly a coincidence, donchathink? Beyond making him a person of interest at the very least, I imagine it'd be enough to warrant a search of his backyard for the missing plane.

There's always a simple explanation - Though if HB3 comes back and denies masterminding it? I'll take his word for it.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 03-19-2014 02:21 AM

I guess the lesson is...don't stop posting on the FF and you won't get blamed for airplane crashes.

:crazyjump
Last edited by Raggedyann on 03-19-2014 02:40 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Global”