Pope Benedict Resigning

Global news scene

Moderator: Super Moderators

Patty
Pirate

Post by Patty » 02-11-2013 10:43 PM

Doka wrote: The Last Pope? I read something like this many years ago. Not sure if this was it? It seems to me Art and Father Malachy had many visits, now I wish, I would have paid more attention to them.

http://www.crystalinks.com/papalprophecies.html
Petrus Romanus was prophesied to be The Final Pope, by St. Malachy, a priest from Northern Ireland born in 1094. A good book to read about the prophecies and the speculation of his prophecies being sabotaged is by Tomas Horn and Cris D. Putnam titled Petrus
Romanus: The Final Pope is Here. It's all very interesting. Some say his prophecies were hijacked for the purpose of stealing the papacy, but no one can prove it. Strange tho. All of it. I was in total shock this morning waking up to this news. :eek:

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 02-12-2013 07:29 AM

Diogenes wrote: Kbot,

That is some post and in particular the reference to the inner workings of the Vatican, church being taken over by Lucifer.

I happen to be old fashioned enough to believe in such things and then when you take this tragedy with the Catholic church and these molestations over so many years and with so many higher ups involved in the cover up - it is chilling.

I was re-reading the prophesies associated with the La Sallette apparitions after posting this last night, and reading those while comparing them to the historical record is indeed chilling. The apparition occured in 1846, and the events since then pretty much mirror what was foretold.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 02-12-2013 07:32 AM

Patty wrote: Making way for Petrus Romanus? :(

May be........

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 02-12-2013 07:34 AM

Did anyone see the photo allegedly taken in the hours after Pope Benedict made his announcement of his resignation where St Peter's Basillica was struck by lightening?

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 02-12-2013 11:19 AM

Not to get political or off the topic, but I bet those folks that cling to their guns and religion are feeling a little more desperate now.
Did anyone see the photo allegedly taken in the hours after Pope Benedict made his announcement of his resignation where St Peter's Basillica was struck by lightening?
I did - could have been faked but seems to be reported by many sources and there is video. Prophetic, or just weather? Believers must be in turmoil - their faith demands it.

30 second clip of lightning -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9-KLF3EJnQ
[size=0]"Question everything, especially your media and their motives. -Me[/size]

megman
Parrothead

Post by megman » 02-12-2013 11:25 AM

Saw that. Someone is pissed.:coolhat:
Still an Original Pirate since Aug 2000
Wanna ride the Zamboni?

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 02-12-2013 11:55 AM

Dale O Sea wrote: Not to get political or off the topic, but I bet those folks that cling to their guns and religion are feeling a little more desperate now.

I did - could have been faked but seems to be reported by many sources and there is video. Prophetic, or just weather? Believers must be in turmoil - their faith demands it.

30 second clip of lightning -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9-KLF3EJnQ

Or they may just be recalling prophetic verses which have had a remarkable track record of occuring as stated.

Whether one believes in these things or not, you have to admit that the world has become a scarier place and the secular perspective offers neither rationale nor hope. A 'reasoned discourse", perhaps. "Reasoned" being defined by those who live in a science-based worldview where objects can be measured, quantifed and analyzed.. Faith, on the other hand, requires one to go beyond the mere measuring and counting of things and and in this sphere, science and reason cannot succeed since the tools used by science in order to collect and analyze the data and publish the results and are insufficient to work. The conclusion drawn by alleged learned men of science is that, since they cannot measure something, it, therefore, does not exist, which the height of arrogance and hypocrisy. It presupposes that "Man knows all", which is clearly not the case, as each succeeding generation has proven over time.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 02-12-2013 11:56 AM

megman wrote: Saw that. Someone is pissed.:coolhat:

My thoughts as well.........

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 02-12-2013 12:31 PM

kbot wrote: Or they may just be recalling prophetic verses which have had a remarkable track record of occuring as stated.

Whether one believes in these things or not, you have to admit that the world has become a scarier place and the secular perspective offers neither rationale nor hope. A 'reasoned discourse", perhaps. "Reasoned" being defined by those who live in a science-based worldview where objects can be measured, quantifed and analyzed.. Faith, on the other hand, requires one to go beyond the mere measuring and counting of things and and in this sphere, science and reason cannot succeed since the tools used by science in order to collect and analyze the data and publish the results and are insufficient to work. The conclusion drawn by alleged learned men of science is that, since they cannot measure something, it, therefore, does not exist, which the height of arrogance and hypocrisy. It presupposes that "Man knows all", which is clearly not the case, as each succeeding generation has proven over time.
Religions control their sheep with fear. This may not be how it is documented by them, but it is observable fact. My point is that the Catholic faithful must be shaking in their boots about now. I'll leave prophecy for prophetic and the faithful - and Nostradamus. Most all prophecy proves itself wrong in the end.

Science is not knowledge but is a means of verifying observations using reason, logic, theory and hypothesis. Any science that claims to know all isn't science at all, more like religion. My personal 'religion' demands that I question everything, which is taboo in mainstream religions and goes contrary to faith. My personal religion also holds liberty and freedom supreme and respects your and others right to believe what you will so I'm not trying to dissuade anyone of their faith. I truly sympathize with the position this has put the Catholic faithful in. I've also seen this or some other great change to the Vatican coming up Broadway for years now.
[size=0]"Question everything, especially your media and their motives. -Me[/size]

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 02-12-2013 03:04 PM

From Alpha at IW
Citing age and infirmity as his reason for leaving the papacy, Benedict's action comes just weeks after he opened his celebrated Twitter account -- and less than a month after the decades-old child abuse scandal drew nearer to the pope's door, with revelations published in the Los Angeles Times earlier this month that Cardinal Roger Mahony, then Archbishop of Los Angeles, sought to evade the law in cases involving the sexual abuse of children by the priests in his charge by sending them to treatment facilities in states that did not require health professionals to report the crimes to authorities.

At the time that Mahony was covering up the crimes of his priests, Benedict, then known as Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, led the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, the Vatican office that oversaw such matters.

In archdiocese documents released under a court order earlier this month, Mahony is revealed to have taken actions deliberately contrived to avoid legal prosecution of priests who had sexually abused -- and even raped -- children. The documents were so damaging that Mahony, now retired and once thought to be a contender for the papacy, was publicly rebuked by the current Archbishop of Los Angeles Jose Gomez, and stripped of any public duties, an unprecedented censure of a cardinal archbishop by his successor.

Amid the cache of church records, released as part of a settlement between the archdiocese and 500 sex-abuse victims, are several letters to Ratzinger from Mahoney, in which the California prelate reports to the Vatican his reasons for various actions (such as defrocking) taken against the offending priests. The records amount to some 30,000 pages, so their full contents have yet to be pored through by investigators and journalists.

What is clear, though, is that Mahony repeatedly failed to act on concerns about the sexual abuse of children by priests that brought to him by pastors and church officials throughout the diocese, and that when he did, his actions were designed to avoid criminal prosecutions of the predator priests. And it is also clear that in his Vatican office, Ratzinger was the recipient of letters from Mahony informing the Holy See of what actions he had taken.

For instance, in a 2003 letter to Ratzinger, Mahony says of Father Lynn R. Caffoe that between the priest and one boy, there were 100 "instances of masturbatory and copulative acts," according to an account in the Los Angeles Daily News.

But Mahony never reported Caffoe's alleged crimes to police, and Ratzinger apparently never instructed him to.
http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politi ... abdication

This cannot be ignored. This is the reality of the catholic church. We all know it.

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 02-12-2013 03:13 PM

kbot wrote: My thoughts as well.........

Not only was it hit but I just saw on the news that it was hit once. Then hit again 30 min later.:eek:
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 02-12-2013 05:12 PM

megman wrote: Saw that. Someone is pissed.:coolhat:

Hell have no fury like a woman scorned. :D
Last edited by Raggedyann on 02-12-2013 05:20 PM, edited 1 time in total.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 02-12-2013 10:43 PM

kbot wrote: Did anyone see the photo allegedly taken in the hours after Pope Benedict made his announcement of his resignation where St Peter's Basillica was struck by lightening?

Yes and you know as George says - "there are no coincidences".

:)
A man's character is his fate

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 02-12-2013 10:48 PM

The 10 Men Who Would Be Pope
A look at the top candidates for leader of the Catholic Church.
Link

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 02-12-2013 10:55 PM

I feel badly for the Catholic church in general as the Catholic religion is beautiful, I find the rituals beautiful and am sorry for all of the wonderful and good priests before and since who have to maneuver in this aftermath.

One can't feel bad enough for the poor children and I don't know that we will ever know really why those who could have did not come forward from the beginning.

Is it like any fraternal organization in that you recognize the egregious act and yet identify with your brother and that skews one's judgement?

I guess it does prove that doing the right right thing is always the more difficult than not.:(
A man's character is his fate

Return to “Global”