Missile defense for Syria ?

Global news scene

Moderator: Super Moderators

BenSlain
Pirate

Missile defense for Syria ?

Post by BenSlain » 12-06-2012 03:12 AM

Where are the people who used to constantly post how terrible America (Amerika) is all day long here. What happened to all the people protesting in the streets for getting involved in a war we should have nothing to do with?

Bunch of fake lying frauds! If this president was a republican you would be calling for trials for war crimes!

You should all be ashamed.

Chemical warfare on their own people in Syria, (Muslim brotherhood). Mass public rape of the women in Egypt, (Muslim brotherhood). I do not believe that, at this point, America should intervene in any controversy that does not immediately affect Israel, our oldest friend and ally whose guiding faith we share. It's too late to stand against the cruel tyranny of Sharia law in the rest of the Middle East. The weakness of our administration and its willingness to ignore the core principles of the religion of Islam has already given them the motivation to flex their muscles and ignore the constraints previous administrations had enforced on their power to subject their citizens to such a brutal, arbitrary law. Obama has muddied the waters of loyalty by his obvious devotion to the Muslim brotherhood, ignoring everything they believe in that is offensive to our Judeo-Christian beliefs. Protect Israel at all cost. As to the rest, God protect them. Let them find their path on their own and my heart goes out to the losers in such a brutal fight. Perhaps this was the plan all along, to wear us down and make us so weary of war that we are willing to turn a blind eye to the suffering of citizens of the Middle East who struggle to survinve under tyranny. If that were the case, perhaps they could have ensured that the same media that battles to mask the truth about our own administration was put on the front lines to disguise the futility of sending our soldiers to fight a war when our own president has clearly already chosen a winner. They are not our allies and it is not our war to fight. Dear God, please, not one more American life wasted in defense of the Muslim brotherhood. Let us be strong in our common loyalty and let our loyalty be with Israel.
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 12-06-2012 01:43 PM

I am not sure I even understand the point of that paragraph other than we should fight wars for Israel.

Screw everyone but Israel?

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 12-06-2012 11:41 PM

Love or hate Israel it is our only "buffer" zone in the region. Blow it off the map, as many want and get ready for the whole middle east to be in control of the Muslim Brotherhood. I'm sure it will give many "warm fuzzys" just thinking about it.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 12-07-2012 11:00 AM

Poor little Amerika (that one is for you BS). Scared of boogeymen.

SquidInk

Re: Missile defense for Syria ?

Post by SquidInk » 12-07-2012 11:33 AM

BenSlain wrote: Perhaps this was the plan all along, to wear us down and make us so weary of war that we are willing to turn a blind eye to the suffering of citizens of the Middle East who struggle to survinve under tyranny.
Planned or not, this is what has happened. We chose our fights poorly, wasted trillions, & tanked our economy. The contractors (or, in more antiquated language, the war profiteers), in any case, are sitting pretty.

Where do you propose to get the money to deploy the military in perpetual defense of Israel (or any other tract)? Do you suppose expenditure on that scale (in the trillions) should require an amendment to, you know, make it even remotely legal? How many trillion dollar jet fighter platforms does your plan require? Any which are proposed, no doubt.

You have a boiling hatred for welfare & Obama phones, but not because they are demoralizing, counter productive, spirit crushing 'free ride' programs. You hate those programs because they steal taxpayer dollars from your favorite federal free ride boondoggle - the military global jobs program.

Welcome to the world of republicans and democrats - where the eternal argument is whether we should tax and spend, or spend (create debt) and then tax later.

Fair enough.
Last edited by SquidInk on 12-07-2012 11:41 AM, edited 1 time in total.
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 12-07-2012 12:17 PM

I think that the defense of Israel can be handled more economically than it has been to date, especially if we were to start closing other bases in Europe or Japan for instance, whcih woujld allow us to free-up resources.

But, more to the point, Obama has shifted his foreign policy, despite his repeated denials to the contrary, towards Israel by legitimizing groups such as the Muslim Brotherhood and other terrorist/ quasi-government entities. And, yes a case can be made that the Israeli government grew out of their, what the Arabs would call, terorist groups" - but the fact is Obama has perhaps inperceptably, put us on a counter track to what our recent history has been.

With our fleet of submarine based missles, mid-air refuled bombers, ICBMs, drones, carrier fleets, etc, the need for bases has diminished, except for their role as staging areas for infantry and tanks. It's tuime to pull back,have the other NATO countries pull their fair share of the defense burden, and divert more to funding Israel out of the cost savings from renting bases in England, Germany and Okinawa.

My fear is that the recent elevation of Gaza in the UN will only embolden groups such as the Muslim Brotherhood and Hezbollah to further their attacks on Israel. Obama's sending mixed messages. First he goes on a worldwide apology tour and bascially endorses groups such as the Muslim Bnortherhood, then sends Ambassador Rice - hardly the most believeable administration representative - to the UN to denounce the move to raise gaza to observer status. Kinda late in the game to be denouncing groups when you spent the first eyars or so as president apologizing to the terrorists......

Diogenes
Pirate

Re: Missile defense for Syria ?

Post by Diogenes » 12-12-2012 06:27 PM

BenSlain wrote: Where are the people who used to constantly post how terrible America (Amerika) is all day long here. What happened to all the people protesting in the streets for getting involved in a war we should have nothing to do with?

Bunch of fake lying frauds! If this president was a republican you would be calling for trials for war crimes!

You should all be ashamed.

Chemical warfare on their own people in Syria, (Muslim brotherhood). Mass public rape of the women in Egypt, (Muslim brotherhood). I do not believe that, at this point, America should intervene in any controversy that does not immediately affect Israel, our oldest friend and ally whose guiding faith we share. It's too late to stand against the cruel tyranny of Sharia law in the rest of the Middle East. The weakness of our administration and its willingness to ignore the core principles of the religion of Islam has already given them the motivation to flex their muscles and ignore the constraints previous administrations had enforced on their power to subject their citizens to such a brutal, arbitrary law. Obama has muddied the waters of loyalty by his obvious devotion to the Muslim brotherhood, ignoring everything they believe in that is offensive to our Judeo-Christian beliefs. Protect Israel at all cost. As to the rest, God protect them. Let them find their path on their own and my heart goes out to the losers in such a brutal fight. Perhaps this was the plan all along, to wear us down and make us so weary of war that we are willing to turn a blind eye to the suffering of citizens of the Middle East who struggle to survinve under tyranny. If that were the case, perhaps they could have ensured that the same media that battles to mask the truth about our own administration was put on the front lines to disguise the futility of sending our soldiers to fight a war when our own president has clearly already chosen a winner. They are not our allies and it is not our war to fight. Dear God, please, not one more American life wasted in defense of the Muslim brotherhood. Let us be strong in our common loyalty and let our loyalty be with Israel.

Personally I've become an isolationist except where Israel is involved.
A man's character is his fate

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 12-12-2012 06:28 PM

Fan wrote: I am not sure I even understand the point of that paragraph other than we should fight wars for Israel.

Screw everyone but Israel?

Pretty much:(
A man's character is his fate

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 12-13-2012 11:09 AM

Why Israel? How about India and Pakistan for instance. They have been at war or close to it for a long time, they are "made up countries", they are nuclear powers. Yet we bomb and drone Pakistan, do unauthorized raids in their country. How can one not think this a skin color thing? I really seriously do not understand how people think it is their duty to "protect" Israel. Is this just because of propaganda?

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 12-13-2012 11:17 AM

Religion. Prophecy.

Remember this gem?

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/us-milita ... Mn_oIPaLoI

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 12-13-2012 11:18 AM

Whose religion? The majority of people supporting defending Israel are not Jewish that I know of. Prophecy, well I guess that part I really don't understand.

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 12-13-2012 11:33 AM

For Christians, I think it has to do with the rebuilding of 'the Temple', but to be honest I would have to go look it up. I will if I have time, because I think it's relevant.

I'm not even *automatically* opposed to the concept of protecting Israel for those kinds of reasons. I am opposed to false pretenses like 'terrorism', 'bringin' democracy', 'WMD' etc.

It starts with honesty.

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 12-13-2012 11:51 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Temple

This is a deep rabbit hole, and it could be all wrong. However, this is a little snippet of the type of thinking I was referring to:
Many Evangelical Christians believe that New Testament prophecies associated with the Jewish Temple, such as Matthew 24-25 and 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12, were not completely fulfilled during the Roman destruction of Jerusalem in AD 70 (a belief of Full Preterism) and that these prophecies refer to a future temple. This view is a core part of Dispensationalism, an interpretative framework of the Bible that stresses Biblical literalism and asserts that the Jews remain God's chosen people. According to Dispensationalist theologians, such as Hal Lindsey and Tim LaHaye, the Third Temple will be rebuilt when the Anti-Christ, often identified as the political leader of a trans-national alliance similar to the European Union or the United Nations, secures a peace treaty between the modern nation of Israel and its neighbours following a global war. The Anti-Christ later uses the temple as a venue for proclaiming himself as God and the long-awaited Messiah, demanding worship from humanity.[27]
I need to do a little more research to find out exactly how Prophecy is playing a role in the US/Israeli alliance.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 12-13-2012 11:58 AM

OK I could accept that on a high-level, but this is not what the average american is thinking of when they want to send Israel bombs and such as far as I am concerned. This could be why the "illuminati" care. If true, then this really is a case of propaganda.

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 12-13-2012 12:26 PM

It is my belief that there are a few people, such as myself, believe, if for no other reason to keep Israel strong and protected is truly in the "best interests" of Europe, and the "West", Us. If one would take a look at the map and tell me who else is "friendly" enough to keep the lid on the Radical Muslims,Sharia law, etc and etc, and the prospects of "insane nukes" flying around. A United Muslim Nation, who have a tendency to "eat" there own is not a thought I find comforting. Perhaps it is just "Boogeymen" it would be nice to think so. If you look into Iran's religious ideals is they can't get Mohammad back on earth until the rest of the world is in ashes. I do not believe that in general the "people" are in for the destruction of all, but those in power do. Ya ! I do have some concerns!

http://www.mapsofworld.com/middle-east-map.html

Return to “Global”