Missile defense for Syria ?

Global news scene

Moderator: Super Moderators

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 12-13-2012 12:36 PM

Squid, It seems when radical beliefs run a muck and clash it makes for disasters everywhere.. I am sure that there will be quite a few that are "terribly disappointed" that the World does not end next Friday.:D

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 12-13-2012 12:36 PM

Well we seem pretty buddy buddy with ole Saudi Arabia. Kind of a big player over there you know? Admitted that most of the purported 911 hijackers are from there, but we have no invasion plans that I know of.

But what you say is enlightening.

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 12-13-2012 12:50 PM

Doka wrote: Squid, It seems when radical beliefs run a muck and clash it makes for disasters everywhere.. I am sure that there will be quite a few that are "terribly disappointed" that the World does not end next Friday.:D
Indeed, Doka, many problems are caused when people fail to 'live and let live'.

As for the end of the world - I will not be among the disappointed. Will you? :D
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 12-14-2012 01:33 AM

Doka wrote: It is my belief that there are a few people, such as myself, believe, if for no other reason to keep Israel strong and protected is truly in the "best interests" of Europe, and the "West", Us. If one would take a look at the map and tell me who else is "friendly" enough to keep the lid on the Radical Muslims,Sharia law, etc and etc, and the prospects of "insane nukes" flying around. A United Muslim Nation, who have a tendency to "eat" there own is not a thought I find comforting. Perhaps it is just "Boogeymen" it would be nice to think so. If you look into Iran's religious ideals is they can't get Mohammad back on earth until the rest of the world is in ashes. I do not believe that in general the "people" are in for the destruction of all, but those in power do. Ya ! I do have some concerns!

http://www.mapsofworld.com/middle-east-map.html

Bingo.

The point is they are our only true friend in that part of the world. Most of the rest want to erase us from the planet. The ones who's governments don't actually stand up and say this seem to have enough people walking around saying they would be all for it.

I,dont see where this has anything to do with religion. On our part anyway.
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 12-14-2012 10:49 AM

Well, there is also a different view, involving the the Prophecy of Ezekiel.

http://sedulia.blogs.com/sedulias_trans ... -2003.html
No Apocalypse Without Reconstruction of the Temple

The fact remains that not everyone reads the Old Testament as rationally as Thomas Römer. We must therefore state to our most nervous readers that it is not enough for a coalition of countries to attack Israel for the End Times to come. "There is a long section about the reconstruction of the Temple, and this reconstruction is, for certain currents of Judaism, the necessary condition for the return of the Messiah."

This reconstruction of the Temple of Jerusalem is detailed at length in Ezekiel, which consecrates interminable chapters to it, before specifying that the Temple must be rebuilt at its initial location, that is, the famous Temple Mount, in Jerusalem, where today there stands one of the most sacred spots in Islam, the Al-Aqsa Mosque.

In other words, it would require a truly apocalyptic train of circumstances for the conditions evoked in the prophecy to be reunited.

Ezekiel smoothes the way for American support to Israel

More widely, this text of Ezekiel explains the strong ties that have been woven between the United States and the state of Israel. "For George W. Bush, this text has political consequences," Thomas Römer goes on. "Like many American Christians, he believes that God will be on the side of Israel during the final confrontation, so, therefore, the enemies of that country will be on the side of the Antichrist. He will therefore support Israel without weakening, because he is deeply convinced that when the end time arrives, it is necessary to be on the side of Israel."

[...]

"This American interpretation is effectively overlooked by Europeans, who have lost that relationship to Biblical texts," the UNIL theologian continues. "Germans understand George W. Bush more easily than the French or the Swiss. For an American, these questions are central. To forget religiousness in analysis of the U.S. support for Israel is to be wrong."
It's surprising how pervasive these things can be.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gog_and_Ma ... ics.2FIraq
In the prelude to the American invasion of Iraq in 2003, President George W. Bush told French President Jacques Chirac that biblical prophecies were being fulfilled there and that “Gog and Magog are at work in the Middle East." Bush said Gog and Magog would come from modern-day Iraq, and it was important to try and stop that.
http://www.thebigdaddyweave.com/2007/07 ... -iraq.html
Bush is convinced that history is moving in the direction of democracy, or as he said Friday: “It’s more of a theological perspective. I do believe there is an Almighty, and I believe a gift of that Almighty to all is freedom. And I will tell you that is a principle that no one can convince me that doesn’t exist.”
Is this kind of evangelical worldview driving the US policy toward Israel? I don't know, but I would not be shocked to learn it was so. I can tell you this much - I have had first hand conversations with very good, very regular people who absolutely believe that the re-establishment & protection of Israel is paving the way for the rebuilding of the Temple.

That's where I learned about it - over back yard BBQs in small town America, from people I respect & spend time with to this day. It's a widespread worldview in the US.

It's actually interesting. Until it devolves into a shouting match about 'Zionism', anti-Semiticism, & 'Dispensation'.
Last edited by SquidInk on 12-14-2012 11:09 AM, edited 1 time in total.

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 12-14-2012 12:56 PM

Additionally, one of the larger components of Pentecostalism is the stated objective of 'removing every hindrance to worldwide evangelism'. Goals like this would obviously be at odds with much of the world. As people rise to the top of these structures, drunk with power, they use this kind of concept to justify all sorts of stuff.
Last edited by SquidInk on 12-14-2012 01:06 PM, edited 1 time in total.

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 12-15-2012 11:09 AM

Here's a pretty good rundown, including the required destruction of Damascus.

http://www.escapeallthesethings.com/dam ... h-nuke.htm

It's interesting to note that Russia has always been Syria's greatest ally. So if you read through all of this 'prophecy', and consider that the US aligned behind Jerusalem, and Russia behind Damascus, then some context is provided for things like Reagan's 'Evil Empire' comments.
Last edited by SquidInk on 12-15-2012 11:13 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 12-15-2012 12:53 PM

BenSlain wrote: Bingo.

The point is they are our only true friend in that part of the world. Most of the rest want to erase us from the planet. The ones who's governments don't actually stand up and say this seem to have enough people walking around saying they would be all for it.

I,dont see where this has anything to do with religion. On our part anyway.

As usual Doka and BenSlain beat me to it;)

They are our only ally in that region against these real and true religious fanatics.

If folks want to understand the meaning of "true believers" and factual religious fanatics - take a drive to Yemen or Afghanistan.
A man's character is his fate

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 12-15-2012 06:35 PM

SquidInk wrote: Here's a pretty good rundown, including the required destruction of Damascus.

http://www.escapeallthesethings.com/dam ... h-nuke.htm

It's interesting to note that Russia has always been Syria's greatest ally. So if you read through all of this 'prophecy', and consider that the US aligned behind Jerusalem, and Russia behind Damascus, then some context is provided for things like Reagan's 'Evil Empire' comments.

All you keep doing is quoting these lunatic fringe groups. even atheist should be standing up with Israel. Things have taken a downward spiral in the mid east in the last 12 months. It's gonna get a lot worse. And now Mr. Peace prize is turning out to be a war monger.

This is just great.:huh:

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 12-15-2012 06:38 PM

Crap........Never mind. I promised myself I wasn't gonna care any more. I say let it fly!!!!! I had a good life. All I really need is something good to watch on TV! Let them have at it. More entertainment for me!:cool:

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 12-15-2012 11:57 PM

Hey Now! I think I have a solution: Let's take ALL Radical Religious of ALL faiths and pen them up together and let THEM take care of it. That would be called PEACE for the rest of us.:D

Return to “Global”