The 3 AM Benghazi call

Global news scene

Moderator: Super Moderators

BenSlain
Pirate

The 3 AM Benghazi call

Post by BenSlain » 12-05-2012 07:31 PM

Something just hit me. Remember when Hillary predicted Obama would fail when presented with the 3:00 am call?

Turns out she was right. Not that I think she would have done anything any different.
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 12-06-2012 01:08 AM

Hey, whaddya expect? It was in the middle of the night!

Getting a phone call from Benghazi at 3am is not optimal.

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 12-06-2012 03:01 AM

When he called the SEALS to get Osama the SEALS answered the call.

When they called him for Benghazi he rolled over and went back to sleep.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 12-06-2012 12:45 PM

Well, making a call to the SEALS is a whole 'nother ball of wax, ainit? In that case, he was already awake! Much more optimal... Besides, when they called him about Benghazi, he NEEDED his beauty sleep, dontchaknow!

He had a big day ahead of him - really, it was absolutely essential he be rested and ready to hit the campaign trail in Nevada. Hey, the folks in Vegas oughta know a few things about taking a gamble. Y'gotta weigh the pluses and minuses.

Either way, there was a situation that could turn out badly - and in fact, one did. On the flip side though, there WAS a positive outcome for the President on election day. No downside THERE.

Osama's dead. Obama's re-elected. What happens in Benghazi stays in Benghazi...

All's well that ends well, right?

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 12-07-2012 01:02 AM

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 12-12-2012 06:31 PM

BenSlain wrote: When he called the SEALS to get Osama the SEALS answered the call.

When they called him for Benghazi he rolled over and went back to sleep.

Correct and took off for Vegas Baby.

It is shamful the intellectual dishonesty relative to this President.

Gutless really:(
A man's character is his fate

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 12-12-2012 06:34 PM

Riddick,

Now that is perfect.;)

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 12-12-2012 07:40 PM

Riddick wrote: Besides, when they called him about Benghazi, he NEEDED his beauty sleep, dontchaknow!

You're only saying that because they named a cold-blooded lizard after him.... :D

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 12-14-2012 01:51 PM

Yeah. We havn't been this po'd since Nixon slept through a DEFCON three condition during the Yom Kippur War in 1973 - right guys?

WE'RE REALLY MAD!

I guess Andropov, Brezhnev, Meir, Sadat, Kissinger, and Alexander Haig did ok with it, while Nixon snoozed off a bender.

link

link
Last edited by SquidInk on 12-14-2012 02:22 PM, edited 1 time in total.
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 12-14-2012 05:47 PM

Oh. I guess it's ok then.

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 12-14-2012 06:02 PM

I disagree with you.

I say it's never ok.

I also say Obama's team isn't doing anything different than your team does.
Last edited by SquidInk on 12-14-2012 06:07 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 12-14-2012 06:18 PM

Huh. So on the one side, we have conflicting stories about why it was decided to let Nixon rest: Eagleburger says he was sleeping off the sauce.... Wonder how he knew? (Maybe he and the Prez were drinking buddies?)

Then there's reports Henry and the General attempted to rouse him with no success - Wow! Was he a heavy sleeper by nature, OR was it Sominex? (Could be Watergate worries led him to look for safe and restful sleep) -

Yet with no equivocating whatsoever the CS story cites Kissinger's account of having tried to reach the President, but Haig refused to wake him!? What the Blazes! For Peshi's Sake Alex, get him outta bed ...

It was 1973! Richard Milhous had already been re-elected - It's not like Tricky Dick woulda had a major campaign stop to be concerned about the next day.

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 12-14-2012 06:28 PM

Right.

So who knows why Obama was sleeping? Maybe somebody decided not to wake him. Do we really care? It's all part of the manipulation game.

With great respect to all posters here, I have to sometimes wonder where the partisan indignation comes from. On every topic from sleeping during a crisis to unarmed Marines guarding embassies to Obamacare itself, we can easily find examples of the other team doing the same thing, literally. It makes sense, really... they're playing the same game. There is a huge, huge problem, but it's not Obama.
Last edited by SquidInk on 12-14-2012 07:46 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 12-14-2012 07:48 PM

SquidInk wrote: Right.

So who knows why Obama was sleeping? Maybe somebody decided not to wake him. Do we really care? It's all part of the manipulation game.

With great respect to all posters here, I have to sometimes wonder where the partisan indignation comes from. On every topic from sleeping during a crisis to unarmed Marines guarding embassies to Obamacare itself, we can easily find examples of the other team doing the same thing, literally. It makes sense, really... they're playing the same game. There is a huge, huge problem, but it's not Obama.

Squid,

In all fairness I do think there are more than a few of us on this board who are pretty much equal opportunity irrespective of the "team".

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 12-14-2012 08:16 PM

SquidInk wrote: So who knows why Obama was sleeping? Maybe somebody decided not to wake him. Do we really care? It's all part of the manipulation game.
You've got something there, Squid... Seems to me when it comes right down to it, the mecurial accounts and media manipulation that came after the call could well be more damning to the administration than missing the call itself.
SquidInk wrote: On every topic from sleeping during a crisis to unarmed Marines guarding embassies to Obamacare itself, we can easily find examples of the other team doing the same thing, literally. It makes sense, really... they're playing the same game.
Oh, I dunno if both teams do things EXACTLY the same - so far as that goes I'd say it could be argued in certain areas, it's an issue of one side or the other's measure of success at "playing the game" -

For example, there's not yet been extensive Congressional hearings on the Benghazi debacle, but even if a cover-up was ever exposed with the President being caught "dead to rights" on willful obstruction and obfuscation? I could be wrong, but so much as what we may yet see be done there I tend to doubt Obama OR his team would consider resignation as an option even under threat of impeachment.

The GOP has Nixon, the Democrats have Clinton - Under the gun one left office, the other DIDN'T. Though I'd say odds aren't substantial they'll encounter similar heat relative to any Benghazi investigation, if indeed they do I have nothing but total trust and full faith in Team Obama that they'd follow the appropriate precedent and "make the right choice".

Return to “Global”