The 3 AM Benghazi call

Global news scene

Moderator: Super Moderators

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 12-15-2012 01:01 PM

Riddick,

You bring up a good point - natch.

I am going out on a limb here but it seems to me the R's leave easer than the D's - I think how difficult it was to get Wiener out, now way Clinton was going to go and I review the R's and they usually fess up or not - but they go. Again I am out on a limb and those more knowledgeable and eloquent can find me incorrect perhaps.

I don't think our Secretary of State will be testifying - I think there is a quid pro quo for Hillary as she fought the good fight to the end and then cooperated with the President and the D party and I think they are going to pay her back for 2016 and testifying would open her up to too much for a 2016 race.
A man's character is his fate

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 12-15-2012 06:26 PM

SquidInk wrote: I disagree with you.

I say it's never ok.

I also say Obama's team isn't doing anything different than your team does.

My team? I'm just pointing out that "my team" would be getting it's ass handed to them if it was "my team". The hearings would be on CSPAN. As they should be. No matter what team it is. But "my team" has a different set of rules i guess.
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 12-15-2012 06:28 PM

And the point is not that he was sleeping. He got the call. Did nothing cause theres no such thing as terrorist. And then went back to bed.
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 12-15-2012 08:33 PM

Right is right, wrong is wrong... there shouldn't be any disagreement, should there - Though as it is, there still may be depending on the extent of one's stake in the outcome and who-all's holding the high cards at any particular stage of the ongoing DC game eh?

The way I look at it, the way Washington politics is at this point, neither side is terribly interested in playing "according to Hoyle". That said, even when players at the table are largely enclined to bend or break rules at their choosing, all concerned strive to come out of any deal with the "upper hand".

Right now, the White House and one house of Congress are under Democratic control. If they didn't hold the Senate, it'd be tougher for the administration to try to bluff their way out of any bad situation.

Provided their "poker face" strategy succeeds on Benghazi, even though the "balance of power" status-quo between the Congress and the President hasn't changed, having obtained a second term for himself as he has, going forward there IS a definite advantage to be found in NOT needing to be concerned about re-election.

There's nothing like having the deck stacked in one's favor... and so much as it all might be compared to a pair of "Southern Gentlemen" playing poker on a riverboat, I'd say more than not we're apt to see some faces turn REALLY red the next four years, knowhutImean...!

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 12-15-2012 11:05 PM

Side Note

I'm a bit behind the posts, but in reference to Squids post #9. I had forgotten about Haig. He was a show stopper(Haig) loved the limelight, I remember when Reagan was shot (1981), he was Reagan's Secretary of State and he came on TV and said he was in charge of the country. Bush Sr. was on a plane somewhere. He looked like the happiest man alive. Ha! I found this article, he really was an interesting personality. In the link that Squid posted it said Haig would not waken the president.

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-500164_162-287292.html

Carry On...........:)

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 12-15-2012 11:28 PM

GEEzus H! What's going on?! How can this happen to someone in high office?
  • Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, who canceled an overseas trip last weekend because of illness, suffered a concussion after fainting due to dehydration, prompting the postponement of her scheduled congressional testimony on the attack on a U.S. mission in Libya, officials said on Saturday.
    She has maintained a punishing schedule in her final weeks as the top U.S. diplomat, a position she intends to leave toward the end of January when U.S. President Barack Obama is sworn in for a second term.

Clinton had been expected to testify on December 20 before the House of Representatives and Senate foreign affairs committees on a report on the deadly attack on the U.S. diplomatic post in Benghazi, Libya, that killed the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans and raised questions about security at far-flung posts.

Jodi Seth, a spokeswoman for Senate Foreign Relations Committee head John Kerry, said that given her condition, Clinton's testimony would be postponed, but did not say until when. Seth said the planned hearings would be held with other senior officials appearing in Clinton's place.
    Clinton has appointed a special panel known as an accountability review board to assess both the incident and the official response to it.

The board's report, which will contain both classified and unclassified sections, is expected to be complete next week and Clinton has promised to be as transparent as possible with Congress in sharing its findings.

Full story at reuters.com
Seems next to duties, her well being wasn't treated with the same concern. Hopefully, she's getting better health care now than she's had to this point...

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 12-15-2012 11:41 PM

I read 'Jodi Seth' as 'Jedi Sloth'. :D
Diogenes wrote: Squid,

In all fairness I do think there are more than a few of us on this board who are pretty much equal opportunity irrespective of the "team".
Yep, that's a fair statement. :cool:

I know Obama is a huge problem. I just want to kick around the concept that Obama is not the root cause of what is destroying us.
Last edited by SquidInk on 12-15-2012 11:47 PM, edited 1 time in total.
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 12-15-2012 11:43 PM

Just a guess here...........She will never testify...........Benghazi? Is that a sleepaid or something?

:realmad:

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 12-15-2012 11:50 PM

Doka wrote: Just a guess here...........She will never testify...........

I'd say that's a pretty good guess. Should we make it a New Year's prediction? :D
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 12-16-2012 12:01 AM

Ya Squid, Call it in.:)

Riddick
Pirate

Artist Rendition!

Post by Riddick » 12-16-2012 12:14 AM

SquidInk wrote: I read 'Jodi Seth' as 'Jedi Sloth'. :D
http://haydenaube.deviantart.com/art/Je ... -274759255

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 12-16-2012 12:37 PM

"And Now For Something Completely Indifferent"

THE SHOW SO FAR ---

Chronology
: The Benghazi Attack And The Fallout
A look at the events surrounding the Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. diplomatic post in Benghazi, Libya, and the controversy that followed

Stay Tuned for MORE of
"Barack Obama's Flying Circus"

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 12-16-2012 06:06 PM

Doka wrote: Just a guess here...........She will never testify...........Benghazi? Is that a sleepaid or something?

Don't doubt it for a minute. Kinda seemed like a forgone conclusion weeks ago.....

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 12-17-2012 11:26 AM

kbot wrote: Don't doubt it for a minute. Kinda seemed like a forgone conclusion weeks ago.....

Kbot,

Some of us come to parties late:D
A man's character is his fate

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 12-17-2012 11:31 AM

Diogenes wrote: Kbot,

Some of us come to parties late:D

And some don't even bring snacks :realmad:

Return to “Global”