It's wacky time again folks.......

National news scene

Moderator: Super Moderators

kbot
Pirate

It's wacky time again folks.......

Post by kbot » 12-01-2016 12:08 PM

Yup, we've passed on from Thanksgiving on to the Christmas season, so, you all know what that means - yup, it's time for those government employees and their enablers to spread the holiday drear and tell everyone what horrible people they are. Yay!!!!!!

And, what a better group of people to lecture us on how bad we are, but the educators..........

Oregon school district bans Santa from classrooms, seeks religious tolerance

HILLSBORO, Ore. -- An Oregon school district has asked staff to not use Santa Claus in their holiday decorations at school, saying it's a way to respect all religious beliefs.

"You may still decorate your door or office if you like, but we ask that you be respectful and sensitive to the diverse perspectives and beliefs of our community and refrain from using religious-themed decorations or images like Santa Claus," the Hillsboro School District said in a letter to staff, KATU reports.

"It really went out as a notification to staff, not even parents, just to make sure they are being sensitive and thoughtful as they enter the holiday season," district spokeswoman Beth Graser told the station.

Staff who want to decorate offices or doors were told to refrain from religious-themed decorations or images like Santa.
http://fox2now.com/2016/12/01/oregon-sc ... tolerance/

WTF?????? "Respectful" and "sensitive"??? Why is it that these terms only apply to the overwhelming minority?

I've been reading of late a number of books on the very early years of Colonial New England, and the stories about the Pilgrims, Puritans and Quakers. The Puritans (especially) were hard core and didn't celebrate Christmas - forbidding the observance and even references (early thought police??). When the Quakers arrived, the Puritans established laws against Quakers even being within the boundaries of Massachusetts Bay Colony, and sided with the governors of the United Colonies against the Quakers. Only the colony of Rhode Island and the Providence plantations stood up to them. Nonetheless, the Puritans inflicted such torture and murder on the Quakers - it's been astounding to read the deprivations that were visited on people.

Sounds to me that the Puritan "ideal" is still among us nearly 400 years later..........
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Riddick
Pirate

“It’s The Most Wonderful Time in 8 Years”

Post by Riddick » 12-02-2016 12:56 AM

A little something for all the professional holiday haters that should make their heads explode.

Last edited by Riddick on 12-11-2016 03:26 AM, edited 1 time in total.
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Re: It's wacky time again folks.......

Post by kbot » 12-02-2016 06:35 AM

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Now THAT was funny...........
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Riddick
Pirate

Another Head Exploder

Post by Riddick » 12-11-2016 03:28 AM

A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 12-11-2016 11:04 AM

Interesting thought - American re-education camps are managed at the workplace level. We call it "Human Resources".........

Insidious, no?

Riddick
Pirate

And The War On Christmas Continues

Post by Riddick » 12-15-2016 03:43 AM

'Unwelcome Contact' With Cross Causes 'Irreparable Harm,' Claims ACLU Lawsuit

The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) is suing a very small town in Indiana because a single Christian cross on top of a spruce tree in the town square apparently is causing "irreparable harm" to one resident who, when he drives by, "is forced to come into direct and unwelcome contact" with the cross, reads the lawsuit.

The cross sits atop a spruce tree in the town square of Knightstown, Ind., which has a population of about 2,200.

According to CBS News affiliate WTTV, the lawsuit claims the cross "is the preeminent symbol of Christianity, representing the crucifixion of Jesus," and therefore cannot be displayed on town property.

The offended resident is Joseph Tomkins who, reported WTTV, drives by the tree every day and "is forced to come into direct and unwelcome contact with the cross." This, according to the ACLU, has caused Tomkins, "irreprable harm," which reportedly can only be cured by removing the cross and paying Tomkins monetary damages, said WTTV. FULL STORY

-Donald Trump Image

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 12-15-2016 03:51 AM

Ridiculous!
MERRY CHRISTMAS Riddick. :)
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

kbot
Pirate

Re: And The War On Christmas Continues

Post by kbot » 12-15-2016 06:43 AM

Riddick wrote:'Unwelcome Contact' With Cross Causes 'Irreparable Harm,' Claims ACLU Lawsuit

The offended resident is Joseph Tomkins who, reported WTTV, drives by the tree every day and "is forced to come into direct and unwelcome contact with the cross." This, according to the ACLU, has caused Tomkins, "irreprable harm," which reportedly can only be cured by removing the cross and paying Tomkins monetary damages, said WTTV. FULL STORY
Ah yes, the ACLU - the ambulance-chasers of the emotionally downtrodden. And right on cue........

So, questions - if "the offended" drives by, say, a church, and sees a similar crucifix atop a steeple, is he also "irreparably harmed" by the mere sight? And, another question - to what degree is his alleged "harm", "irreparable"??? Is this even quantifiable? Is the damaged individual stating that a psychological injury can be cured by a financial gain? Does the plaintiff's attorney have any medical studies to validate this bizarre claim?

Has "the offended party" ever heard of the phrase "Avert thine eyes"? Has the "offended party" EVER, EVEER had occasion to come to a situation and look away, or is he in the habit of staring all the time? This may in itself indicate mental instability and question his judgment.......

Finally, does the "offended party" have any idea at all that he lives in a predominately Christian country founded on Christian principles, or did he go to a school that just didn't cover these facts in their history classes?

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 12-16-2016 02:55 AM

My sentiments Kbot.

The USA is a land of immigrants and therefore is comprised of various faiths. The fact that Christians have dominated forever is irrelevant. However, every faith has a right to display whatever they like during their respective celebrations and that includes Christians. I'm not religious in any way shape or form but for those that are, I believe that no one faith has the right to suppress another faith from acknowledging their special time of year, openly and for all to enjoy.

I dig nativity scenes! That's a magical part of Christmas to me. Purely because of tradition and I like tradition simply because it brings people together.

Now I'll go back to what I was doing in the wee hours, baking my mincemeat tarts and shortbread. :)
Last edited by Raggedyann on 12-16-2016 01:33 PM, edited 2 times in total.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 12-16-2016 12:39 PM

I hear ya RA. Look I don't begrudge Native Americans holding their pow wows at public parks - in fact I go to them if I can and have scored plenty of things over the years at really good prices (such as sage that I love to burn around the house), or blankets, which are really good right about now.

I don't cared about the local Orthodox Jewish population erecting tents during the Festival of Booths, or the local pagans and witches up at Salem - I love going to their events as well, and they're held in public parks and in street-side booths. The whole town is involved.

My view is, the more the merrier: it gets people to meet and know others.

Once, when I was in the Air Force, stationed outside Omaha, I went with a friend to his hometown in Iowa - this little farming community. It was my first experience with Mormons, and farms on such a large scale. It was lie walking into a Norman Rockwell painting with the picnic tables and checked tablecloths and the cook-fest at the local church. The whole town turned out seemingly.

I think that the lawyers really need to lighten-up and just let people do what they want (human and animal sacrifices notwithstanding.....) and let people live the freedoms they came here to enjoy.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 12-16-2016 02:07 PM

I too have had the pleasure of being introduced to other cultures and faiths over my life and have always found the experience fascinating. I kind of felt it was an honour to be included. Especially enjoyed the food. lol. It's a learning experience and that cannot be a bad thing.

People that go bonkers over Christian displays are taking advantage of our new PC reality just because they can. What they don't realise is, they are hurting themselves and creating a wider resistance to other cultures. The media loves to report on the odd and not very common occurrence and blow it up out of proportion, which makes the situation worse, as there are those that believe that all people of other faiths feel this way. And that's just not true. I believe that most people of all faiths are just happy living their own lives.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 12-19-2016 06:44 AM

The bottom line is that, with the exception of atheists - we're all basically worshipping the same deity. We just use different names.......

I think that, sometimes, certain people just like to hear themselves on TV or see themselves in print.

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 12-19-2016 11:48 AM

QUOTE: "we're all basically worshipping the same deity. "

There lies the problem, in my opinion, why should we be required to "Worship" some sort of Deity for something we already possess with-in us. We are all spiritual beings, having a human experience. Humans tend to make gods out of anyone from movie stars to somebody with a PHD and try to jump through hoops that we usually fail at, when all along all we need do is try to "Do the Right Thing" with no hate, envy or greed, not easy for sure, but it is the right path. For those that religion has opened a doorway for them, that is a good thing. But many more find they can't live up to the"Rules" the deity demands, (written by humans)they unnecessarily , needlessly "throw themselves away" .
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 12-19-2016 11:58 AM

I think that there's a huge difference between a celebrity and a deity.

Been reading about Gnosticism lately. I have a few books such as the Gnostic Bible, The Nag Hammadi writings and some books by Elaine Pagels, and it's interesting to read these in comparison to "orthodox" scripture. Reminds me more of Buddhism.......

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 12-19-2016 01:54 PM

kbot wrote:I think that there's a huge difference between a celebrity and a deity.

For some maybe, I see the the difference being blurred every day. People have a tendency to make up their own "rules" these days and pay homage to rather questionable "Deities" watch the liberal party turn it self into a religion/cult of Hillary. Worship is Worship is it not?

Been reading about Gnosticism lately. I have a few books such as the Gnostic Bible, The Nag Hammadi writings and some books by Elaine Pagels, and it's interesting to read these in comparison to "orthodox" scripture. Reminds me more of Buddhism.......

Gnosticism IS very interesting. Why do you think the Gnostics where destroyed (murdered) into oblivion?

There is no "Deity" in Buddhism , although some mistakenly try to make Buddah into one.
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Return to “National”