Gov't Finally Works to Protect the Grid

National news scene

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

Survival Tip Of The Day!

Post by Riddick » 06-19-2015 02:43 PM

What's the worst that could happen? So, all the food stocks get depleted, like that's any worse than finding yourself stranded at sea in a lifeboat sans supplies? Fact is, you're way BETTER off than that; here's when living in a populous area lends itself to advantages...

'Course, as with the lifeboat, it may still come down to you and a few other folks - Even so matters might yet be handled in a civil way - Absent any volunteers, in the event it happens all agree you can draw straws to see who gets eaten first.

Riddick
Pirate

The Pope Has It Right

Post by Riddick » 06-19-2015 04:08 PM

Why talk survival skills when WAY MORE needs be done to avert a clear and present disaster danger, eh? Forget EMP, solar flares, nukes. I'm talking the biggest planetary threat to civilization there is -

Please, reduce your carbon footprint by cutting out exhaling today - Believe me folks, if I don't pitch in my part, and you don't pitch in your part, perty soon there'll be no part to pitch in, KnowhutImean???

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 06-19-2015 04:09 PM

Yeah, at some point we have to move away from here. We just opened an urgent care center, and I was out there the other day for a DPH inspection, and the local fire inspector came in to do his thing, and at the end of it al we were standing, looking into the parking lot, and there was this woman screaming at another woman in the parking lot, hands waving, going al crazy. And, this is in the middle of a parking lot that also has a large grocery sore, restaurant, etc, and the fire inspector was telling us about how he grew-up in the city, moved away, came back...... and as he looked o the scene of sheer craziness unfolding he said, "Yeah, you're gonna get a LOT of walk-in traffic here......"

And, this is in a time of alleged prosperity. Folks are NUTS........ On a good day
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 06-19-2015 05:44 PM

kbot wrote: And, this is in a time of alleged prosperity. Folks are NUTS........ On a good day
It's the (alleged?) heat. People go crazy from it. So, what else to do but beat the heat! And of course, what I mean by that is the whole of humanity has to fight global warming with everything it's got -

And THAT'S the BOTTOM LINE, 'cause the Pope and the United Nations say so!!

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 06-20-2015 07:11 AM

Riddick wrote: It's the (alleged?) heat. People go crazy from it.
In the news, it's always some wacko or another going off. WHY's the world's going nuts? Really! Why ask why? -

I mean, what else does anyone need to know, like how come all this alleged prosperity isn't helping folks? It's all about the global warming, yet it's not too late - REPENT, ye skeptics and unbelievers!

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 06-20-2015 09:30 AM

Hmm in the summer its hot, in the winter its cold -- totally normal .. cycles!

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 06-21-2015 08:12 AM

Riddick wrote: It's the (alleged?) heat. People go crazy from it. So, what else to do but beat the heat! And of course, what I mean by that is the whole of humanity has to fight global warming with everything it's got -

And THAT'S the BOTTOM LINE, 'cause the Pope and the United Nations say so!!

You're giving people too much credit. It's like this year 'round......
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 06-21-2015 04:33 PM

kbot wrote: You're giving people too much credit. It's like this year 'round......
YES! Global warming is year round! And it's advancing at a snail's pace! But it's a VERY large snail. We're talkin' PLANETARY SCALE - This is the BIG ONE people. Not acting means EXTINCTION. The HEAT IS ON!

Listen, don't let the fact the US overall has been having cooler weather for a number of years fool you. What matters is average global temp is rising, and has been since the start of the industrial revolution. It's an irrefutable fact, folks! It's obvious mankind is to blame here. There can be no other explanation.

Sure, natural cycles exist, but they've been superseded by human activity. Really! Simple logic alone will tell you climate science is infallible - If computer models say it's so? Then that's that! End of discussion.

The Pope concurs AND so must we all. We needs must drop everything else to fight global warming. The UN knows it, the Vatican knows it: Church and state are still separate but they're on the same page - Bottom line, climate scientists are a source of knowledge even more infallible than His Holiness himself.

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 06-22-2015 01:03 PM

odd -- the national temp rise is not even 4°F -- on average for over 100+ years of time.

ehh big warmup ehh

Riddick
Pirate

A Question For The O Administration While It's All In A Panic Over Climate Change

Post by Riddick » 05-18-2016 01:12 AM

How's That Protect The Grid Plan Coming Along?
"Ummm... Can We Get Back To You On That??"

REPORT: U.S. Not Prepared to Defend Against Catastrophic Nuclear Event...

It's NOT Just EMPs Either Folks
Think Dirty Bombs! Even Neutron & Conventional Nukes
Why Stay in America, Eh?
Don't Wait UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

voguy
Pirate

Re: Gov't Finally Works to Protect the Grid

Post by voguy » 05-18-2016 03:19 PM

There was a joint study from December 2015 detailing what an EMP might do in the two state area of Michigan and Ohio. It didn't paint a rosy picture of the I-75 corridor from Cincinnati north to Bay City & Saginaw. Basically Cincy, Dayton, Toledo, Detroit (and Ann Arbor), and Flint would be wastelands. Oddly, north from Gaylord MI would fare better, but it's because people were more adaptable to change, and alternate power sources. The report is still packed and is not stateside else I would post it somewhere for viewing.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 05-18-2016 06:13 PM

Don't know if this is the report you were referring to, but makes interesting reading anyways.........

https://oversight.house.gov/wp-content/ ... -Event.pdf

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 05-18-2016 06:17 PM

Remember "Dr. Strangelove"? The conversation makes me remember "Slim Pickens ride-en the "Bomb" down to oblivion". Yup, some days are just like that..........Move over Slim.......... :coolhat:
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 05-18-2016 06:20 PM

I believe I've seen that when it came out. What is humorous, (if that is a correct thought), is the fact that they have been producing studies like that since 1956. One which I was part of was in 1983 when they were surveying Detroit area broadcasters to determine if Motown took a hit, which towers would survive. The short answer is only about 20% would, but the long answer is what about the population and also the studios for the radio stations within the blast zone.

I just think it's humorous the way they keep spending money on studies and have done NOTHING to protect the infrastructure. In many communities, your residential grid is circa 50s & 60s. Yet, what is connected to the grid is now super-sensitive to the EMP charge.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Riddick
Pirate

Going Majorly Nuklar

Post by Riddick » 05-19-2016 12:11 AM

Doka wrote:Remember "Dr. Strangelove"? The conversation makes me remember "Slim Pickens ride-en the "Bomb" down to oblivion". Yup, some days are just like that..........Move over Slim.......... :coolhat:
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Return to “National”