Pat Robertson calls Haiti Disaster--"Blessing in disgui

National news scene

Moderator: Super Moderators

Saharaka
Pirate

Pat Robertson calls Haiti Disaster--"Blessing in disgui

Post by Saharaka » 01-13-2010 11:17 PM

I could not bring myself to post this with the Haiti thread. I would never disrespect the families of those who has lost their loved ones. I think it's time Pat retired. He obviously must be suffering from some form of dementia or he is and has been a insufferable a--hole.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5TE99sAbwM
Creature of the desert

"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing plaid with stripes comes easy."

Joolz
Pirate

Re: Pat Robertson calls Haiti Disaster--"Blessing in di

Post by Joolz » 01-13-2010 11:58 PM

Saharaka wrote: I could not bring myself to post this with the Haiti thread. I would never disrespect the families of those who has lost their loved ones. I think it's time Pat retired. He obviously must be suffering from some form of dementia or he is and has been a insufferable a--hole.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5TE99sAbwM

Thank you, Saharaka, for not adding this to the Haiti thread. Unbelievable. I saw some of this earlier today, on this video where Shep Smith condemns Robertson for these comments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maArcr6b ... r_embedded

What a horrible, horrible man. Who could ever look to someone like this as a 'spiritual leader'? He has no compassion. Talk about someone who "sold his soul to the devil"... you're looking at him. Disgusting.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Corvid
Anchors Aweigh

Post by Corvid » 01-14-2010 12:13 AM

".... insufferable a--hole."

If that means "insufferable asshole".... I am in complete agreement. Someday Jesus is gonna slap the stupid right out of Robertson.

I worry though, about the people who might believe his crap.
:confused:

Saharaka
Pirate

Post by Saharaka » 01-14-2010 01:18 AM

My daughter pointed out today that unfortunately as many churches and religious institutions are preparing to assist Haiti in emergency relief and rescue it will be Pat Robertson getting the press.
Creature of the desert

"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing plaid with stripes comes easy."

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 01-14-2010 01:20 AM

IF Pat Robertson(and some of the OTHER bigoted, prejudiced, biased bastards!) DROPS DEAD before the end of this week... I might give some credence to a god who is an individual entity.

(Nah... not really, but it would be nice to see him/them leave the planet, wouldn't it??!! LOTS less B.S.)

(And I DON't mean Bobbi Snow!)
ImageIf you're still breathing, it's not too late!

Saharaka
Pirate

Post by Saharaka » 01-14-2010 02:43 AM

Maybe it's time for Pat Robertson's "handlers" to remove him from the public airwaves. Maybe a nice vacation somewhere where it is warm....like hell! Or maybe send him to Haiti. No hotels, no food, no water, no transportation, no churches, no, on second thought Haiti is too good for him...send him to the other "H"!
Creature of the desert

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 01-14-2010 09:40 AM

What an idiot ! And then of course this morning on the front page of Drudge you have the headline of "Biblical Damage" what the hell is wrong with these people !
Last edited by SETIsLady on 01-14-2010 09:43 AM, edited 1 time in total.

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 01-14-2010 10:03 AM

I visited a couple of sites that in the past have been supportive of Pat Robertson and he is getting blasted so the good news is this comment is not going over well with much of anyone. Thank God that most people do have compassion and can see through this nonsense.

Bellisima
Pirate

Post by Bellisima » 01-14-2010 10:19 AM

SETIsLady wrote: What an idiot ! And then of course this morning on the front page of Drudge you have the headline of "Biblical Damage" what the hell is wrong with these people !
Pat Robertson is the Biblical Damage. He is a Demon.
It's not the 700 Club he heads, It's the 666 Club.
ImageA silent mouth is sweet to hear.
Irish saying

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 01-14-2010 10:20 AM

One more thing this is from our local newspaper in Palm Beach County,Pat and Rush could learn a few things from them, this is a quote from one of the churches and followers here:

Church Members Wait For Word From Haiti
"My mom, my dad they're all over there. I have sisters and brothers over there. My twin brother is over there too," said St. Hilaire. "Hoping for the best, don't know yet."

The pair soothes its worries by planning relief efforts. And all turn to their faith t deal with a disaster no one saw coming. "The country is full of human beings. He is the creator of all of them, so he has a plan for us as Haitians," said Jules.
Full Article here:

http://www.wpbf.com/news/22229823/detail.html
Last edited by SETIsLady on 01-14-2010 10:24 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 01-14-2010 12:02 PM

Robertson should apologize --

As for the Drudge article - it is a link to UK article. Hillary Clinton is one that said it was of 'biblical' proportion. From the link, I watched the LIVE video of buildings collapse when the quake hits, as well as viewed the many pictures contained in the article.

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 01-14-2010 12:08 PM

Bellisima wrote: Pat Robertson is the Biblical Damage. He is a Demon.
It's not the 700 Club he heads, It's the 666 Club.
That about sums it up my friend.

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 01-14-2010 12:49 PM

Cherry Kelly wrote: Robertson should apologize --

What Pat Robertson said was outrageous, deplorable, and seemed to me to be unjustly blaming the victims of a disaster which they had no control over. However, If he truly believes what he said, he should not apologize.

I am convinced Roberston does believe it and that is unfortunate and worse that others might be swayed by his views but he should not be censored for his views but he should be denounced especially by Christians who disagree . Other Christian groups rightfully should distance themselves from what he said and emphasize their differences and how his views are not representative of the love that most Christian groups hopefully try to demonstrate. This is a subtle but very real difference, I think.

As mean spirited, hateful, insane, and wrong as he is, Robertson has the right to his views and to enunciate and even propagate them if he so chooses. The same is true for any religious figure or group, even those who like Robertson in so many other areas also condemn others by their words to eternal damnation for various reasons regardless of the lack of reason, logic, real religious foundation, or other legitimate factors.

It is up to all of us to forcefully condemn such religious philosophies and contrast our differences. Still, outrageous and hateful religious thought whether from alleged "Christian" or from other "religious" groups should never be censored if we are to remain a society where there is genuine Freedom of Religion.
racehorse

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 01-14-2010 04:26 PM

racehorse - the current bit in the PC world is to have him apologize...

Personally, I would say a lot more of what he should do, but I've been told I must learn to be more PC about such no matter my personal opinion, ergo... am trying.

Corvid
Anchors Aweigh

Post by Corvid » 01-14-2010 05:53 PM

Cherry Kelly wrote: racehorse - the current bit in the PC world is to have him apologize...

Personally, I would say a lot more of what he should do, but I've been told I must learn to be more PC about such no matter my personal opinion, ergo... am trying.
PC...... Personal Computer? Penal Colony? Proto Cenozoic? What means this?

Return to “National”