Jon-Benet: can't believe no one posted this yet!

National news scene

Moderator: Super Moderators

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Jon-Benet: can't believe no one posted this yet!

Post by Live365 » 07-09-2008 09:12 PM

I think they're owed a bit more than a "formal apology". To say nothing of the fact that the *real* killer will, likely at this point, go free.

Maybe he'll break bread with the un-caught anthrax-attacker. C'mon, America. We can do better than this. May God forgive us, John and Patsy........

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/07/09/jon ... index.html

(CNN) -- Recently developed "touch DNA" technology has cleared all members of JonBenet Ramsey's family of her slaying, authorities said Wednesday.

Boulder County District Attorney Mary Lacy said no one in the Ramsey family is considered a suspect and formally apologized in a letter to John Ramsey for the cloud of suspicion his family has lived under for nearly 12 years.

"To the extent that we may have contributed in any way to the public perception that you might have been involved in this crime, I am deeply sorry," Lacy wrote. Read the letter »

Instead, DNA tests conducted earlier this year point to an "unknown male," in the 6-year-old child beauty pageant contestant's December 1996 slaying.
Last edited by Live365 on 07-09-2008 09:20 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 07-09-2008 10:59 PM

I was so appalled at the way this case was handled by small-town militia, I could barely speak about it. If they hadn't been RICH or POOR... if they had been middle class Americans, the same thing might have happened, but certainly NOT to the same degree!

Lots of people love to see their children dressed up like little doll babies in various competitions. They were absolutely VILIFIED because Patsy had been a former "beauty queen" and allegedly was "forcing" the same kind of life on her daughter. IF the little girl hadn't loved it, they would have never forced her to do it against her Will.

They are most CERTAINLY owed more than an off-handed apology; they deserve a LARGE settlement, but of course, since Mr. Ramsey has too much "class" and doesn't need the money (as far as we know--even though fighting cancer can take a million dollars!), he hasn't ask for anything except exhonoration.

THAT'S the real class of the entire saga.
ImageIf you're still breathing, it's not too late!

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 07-09-2008 11:42 PM

Who did it, Bobbi Snow? :(

Sick question, I know. But now that the obvious have been cleared...he's still out there. And the Colorado PD have to live with that. And now, will never find him.

We need to do a better job. In this Country. God, what a tragedy. On so many levels.
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 07-10-2008 01:33 AM

Don't I wish I had a clue! I think it may have been someone they invited to their shindig... but I honestly can't say I have any clue.
ImageIf you're still breathing, it's not too late!

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 07-10-2008 02:17 PM

First Stephen Hatfill on the October 2001 anthrax attacks and now the Ramsays for the Jon-Benet killing of December 1996. Something especially sinister must have gone on in both cases for these innocent people to have been tortured so long and so publicly as scapegoats.

But none of these crimes are going to be solved. Could it be because the criminals are some of the most powerful people in the world and that solving the crimes would endanger national security of the United States (i.e. the power, the profit and the perverted pleasure of the Amerikan ruling class).

Maybe so, folks, maybe so...
Last edited by joequinn on 07-10-2008 02:19 PM, edited 1 time in total.
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 07-11-2008 09:54 AM

DNA has proven many other people as innocent. The vast improvements in this technology is truly amazing. (Gee many the push for increased abilities can be put to the popularity of CSI type shows, Forensic files, etc.)

That it took so long - and now is shown that it was someone not from the family - this is wonderful to have the family members exonerated.

It also makes one wonder how many others need a good review with such evidence - people who were not in the spotlight...or 'rich'...

Conspiracy Theorist
Pirate

Post by Conspiracy Theorist » 07-11-2008 12:31 PM

Cherry Kelly wrote: DNA has proven many other people as innocent. The vast improvements in this technology is truly amazing. (Gee many the push for increased abilities can be put to the popularity of CSI type shows, Forensic files, etc.)

That it took so long - and now is shown that it was someone not from the family - this is wonderful to have the family members exonerated.

It also makes one wonder how many others need a good review with such evidence - people who were not in the spotlight...or 'rich'...

This is very true...DNA has cleared the innocent and help solve closed "cold cases," in finding the guilty, but we need to keep in mind that DNA is only available in a minority of murder cases. In most, someone is shot from a distance, necessitating older techniques, such as ballistics tests and often unreliable "eyewitness" testimony. Even I almost fingered the wrong people once after having been robbed and beaten. Fortunately, the cops did a great job and caught the right people who confessed to the crime against me.
But we need better technologies for finding the right people when there's no DNA.

Kaztronic

Post by Kaztronic » 07-11-2008 12:39 PM

Bobbi Snow wrote: I was so appalled at the way this case was handled by small-town militia, I could barely speak about it. If they hadn't been RICH or POOR... if they had been middle class Americans, the same thing might have happened, but certainly NOT to the same degree!

What is truly scary about this, and what the above comment touches on when it comes to wealth is that were the Ramsey's not quite wealthy, and thus capable of affording very good legal representation, then they both would have probably died - innocent - in prison.
Image "You'll get used to my babbling, all the others have." - Anna Madrigal from "Tales Of The City" by Armistead Maupin

Return to “National”