Now We Should Go To Jail For Sharing Our Favourite Song LYRI

National news scene

Moderator: Super Moderators

mudwoman
Pirate

Now We Should Go To Jail For Sharing Our Favourite Song LYRI

Post by mudwoman » 12-10-2005 03:15 AM

After cracking down on MP3 file sharing, the music industry is to go to war against websites offering unlicensed song tabs and lyrics.

The Music Publishers' Association (MPA), which represents US sheet music companies, says all such sites are illegal and will begin the crackdown in 2006.

MPA president Lauren Keiser said that not only should sites carrying song tabs and lyrics be shut down but also suggested authorities should "throw in some jail time, I think we'll be a little more effective".

Such tabs and lyrics are widely available all over the internet and are often simply the efforts of fans to interpret and play their favourite and much beloved songs. The legal blurb on this website actually says The tablatures contained within this site are artists' representations of songs the 'tabber' has heard.

We are being led to believe that sharing information is illegal.

We have previously exposed how under proposed expansions to the Patriot Act, which has just been extended, News and information gathering could be deemed to be illegal. That move would mean suddenly all internet blogs and alternative news sites would suddenly come under attack and the only "legal" information would be that put out by the Government and it's authorized news services.

We have also previously exposed how the phenomenon of the internet is seemingly becoming too hot to handle for the authorities who wish to strip it back and gain strict control over what information is and is not available.

Blatantly ridiculous Reports that "the Internet is dying" have been circulating, whilst a push for a system known as Internet 2 has begun whereby information is strictly controlled so as to not allow the overcrowding and eventual "death" of the system.

Click here to listen to our resident technical expert Dwayne Coots explain why that theory is complete claptrap. The real idea behind the move is simply to quell freedom and the sharing of information all over the world because the Monopoly elite can make more money out of us and gain more power if they can control the spread of information.
http://www.prisonplanet.tv/audio/211004coots.htm

http://infowars.net/index.html

http://infowars.net/articles/december20 ... lyrics.htm

daboodaddy
Pirate

Post by daboodaddy » 12-10-2005 02:13 PM

The Internet is causing lots of people to wake up and ask questions some people would rather not have explored or answered. IMO, thats why TPTB are afraid of it, and want to silence much of it.
Question EVERYTHING, even your OWN thoughts.
A "Daboodaddyism"

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 12-10-2005 02:20 PM

In a mature capitalist economy, there is no such thing as public property: everything --- literally everything --- is a privatized commodity, whose intrinsic worth is determined by its current market value on the open market.

If you don't want to go to jail for reprinting a widely-known song's lyrics in a forum post, then you have to get rid of capitalism.

But you are not going to do that, are you? And you are not even going to admit that the nature of capitalism is the proper framework for the discussion, are you?
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 12-10-2005 04:39 PM

looks like we are going to be operating like China sooner than we think :(

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Re: Now We Should Go To Jail For Sharing Our Favourite Song

Post by Live365 » 12-10-2005 06:54 PM

mudwoman wrote: After cracking down on MP3 file sharing, the music industry is to go to war against websites offering unlicensed song tabs and lyrics.

The Music Publishers' Association (MPA), which represents US sheet music companies, says all such sites are illegal and will begin the crackdown in 2006.

MPA president Lauren Keiser said that not only should sites carrying song tabs and lyrics be shut down but also suggested authorities should "throw in some jail time, I think we'll be a little more effective".

Guys, it's entirely likely that I'm not properly following the discussion here, but I don't see how the responsibility for this falls anywhere but on the music industry itself. Which I'm confident we all will agree is among the greediest, most exploitative, manipulative, demeaning and debasing industries today. Many of you mourned the passing of John Lennon this week. Look what's happened to *music* since the Beatles. Look what's happened to it since even my day of the 70's and 80's. And now they want all that and their little two cents for every re-printed song lyric too.

I understand that the music industry is a part of the capitalist, fascist regime (:D ), but I have to wonder if this is one case where the true enemy and the apparent enemy are actually the same thing.

I'm more asking than stating.
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

Fred_Vobbe
Pirate

Post by Fred_Vobbe » 12-11-2005 09:31 AM

The music industry, (as is the radio industry), are in deep trouble. The problem is basically lack of quality content, service, and what people think is a valuable resource.

A friend who does file swapping said it best. "I can't hear my music on the radio. If they do play the songs from my generation it's 1/10th of what I remember as a kid. I can't buy it anywhere. When I do find the songs, they are remade or reworked version. So I don't have a problem with downloading what I like to hear."

I can't say that I can dispute what he says. The 60s and 70s music that I like is not really available anywhere. :( I'm glad I saved all my 45s and LPs!
scientia quod ethics super ususfructus

palosheights
Pirate

Post by palosheights » 12-11-2005 01:49 PM

so, will be also be illegal just to ''listen'' to music? is not our brain also a form of a hard drive so anything we hear will be stored/downloaded to our brain then we all can be thrown in the slammer. it can't to be too bad as long as i'm not someone's bitch.

andy

Return to “National”