Defenseless On the Bayou - New Orleans gun confiscation is foolish and illegal
http://www.reason.com/hod/dk091005.shtml

Confiscation Of Weapons In Louisana.
http://mensnewsdaily.com/blog/longeneck ... isana.html

Gun Confiscation Proposed for San Francisco
http://www.chronwatch.com/content/conte ... ?aid=16539

Total Gun Confiscation of Law Abiding Citizens Begins
http://www.infowars.com/articles/new_or ... n_grab.htm

If you don't own a gun, then you'd better get one or three quickly! Titor's Civil War just around the bend if this crap keeps up!

http://angela.byersworks.com/column/heston.jpg
Last edited by smadewell on 09-12-2005 05:29 AM, edited 1 time in total.
S.Madewell - "If the truth shall kill a man ... let him die!"

palosheights
Pirate

Post by palosheights » 09-12-2005 09:43 AM

that's the first thing i thought of was charleton heston's remarks. now they have armed mexican troops, blackwater mercenaries and good knows who else in new orleans to 'protect the people'.

andy

SvladCjelli

Post by SvladCjelli » 09-12-2005 10:03 AM

Yup, go get one quick so they note down your address as one of the first to bust down the door with dogs and a swat team!

Why are people so boring? There are so many better/more imaginative/funner/cooler ways to kill people. Why not poison darts? Kung-Fu? Snakes in the bed, or poison dripped down a thread... Throwing stars, baseball bats, crossbows... you know... Booby trap your home. If you are gonna be in a gunfight with anyone but some drugged out junkie, you are toast anyways.
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean someone isn't following you...

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 09-12-2005 10:28 AM

During the looting in New Orleans - guns and ammo were stolen from shops as well as homes.

NOTE - after helping repair Cband satellite - minor part replacement & resetting of channels, ran across a new satellite - well probably a replacement for an older Morales satellite. It had a little feed about the GUNS in New Orleans and why they were being confiscated. It wasn't being done to those citizens who have legal ones - registered like any other place - but the "questionable ones" - like the ones people should NOT have - stolen guns and rifles. THIS made sense in a lot of ways.

If you may recall at the dome - people were searched and guns taken away, but not so at the convention center - where gangs ran amoc and people were killed. And the looters in the streets - shooting at cops, shooting at rescue teams, shooting at doctors and hospitals, shooting at helicopters.

NOW I am a gun owner - registered too - and while I am against illegal seizures of guns from legitimate owners -- I CAN understand why they are doing what is necessaryin New Orleans. They did not take away guns of two people who were on the news clip - because those people were legit owners, but they were taking them from "non-legit" -- think about it very carefully. New Orleans has enough problems with floods, diseased waters - do they need to have the people trying to fix things have to worry about being shot by gangs and thugs?

smadewell
Pirate

Post by smadewell » 09-12-2005 11:48 AM

SvladCjelli wrote: Yup, go get one quick so they note down your address as one of the first to bust down the door with dogs and a swat team!

Why are people so boring? There are so many better/more imaginative/funner/cooler ways to kill people. Why not poison darts? Kung-Fu? Snakes in the bed, or poison dripped down a thread... Throwing stars, baseball bats, crossbows... you know... Booby trap your home. If you are gonna be in a gunfight with anyone but some drugged out junkie, you are toast anyways.

LOL! Well, like Sam Bottom's character, Jamie, said in the movie, "The Outlaw Josey Wales," to the Union Captain who told him to put down his rifle ... "Ill be needing this for squirrels and such."

Still.... Point taken.... If it gets to that point ... having alternative "skills" and "options" might come in handy. I hope to be in the high mountains before it comes to that though.

The Backpack Survivalist - Guns and Backpacking by Mike Rostov

Fred_Vobbe
Pirate

Post by Fred_Vobbe » 09-12-2005 12:06 PM

Smadewell. you owe me a new blotter on my desk!

While reading the link you posted, (which, btw, is a good article), and drinking a Diet Coke, I read the following.

The four big reasons for self defense on the trail are:

Cougars
Dogs
Range cattle (bulls mainly)
Feral Humans

It was at that moment I did the exact thing that Danny Thomas did on his TV show when being shocked. Feral Humans! OMG! :D
scientia quod ethics super ususfructus

smadewell
Pirate

Post by smadewell » 09-12-2005 12:11 PM

Cherry Kelly wrote: I CAN understand why they are doing what is necessary in New Orleans. They did not take away guns of two people who were on the news clip - because those people were legit owners, but they were taking them from "non-legit" -- think about it very carefully. New Orleans has enough problems with floods, diseased waters - do they need to have the people trying to fix things have to worry about being shot by gangs and thugs?

Are we 100% sure they are not taking guns away from legit owners too?

It sounds to me like the "armed sheeple," who took guns for their own protection, had them confiscated before they were allowed to evac. Whereever they were sent ... they were sent there unarmed and therefore were at the mercy of the PTBs.

It's a good thing they weren't packed off to a FEMA concentration camp and forced into some kind of FED controlled Work Progress Administration (WPA) program to rebuild the "State," but ... what about next time?

http://home.millsaps.edu/mcelvrs/WPA.jpg

Work Promotes Confidence or Arbeit Machts Frei (Work Makes you Free)...? It's a thin line between the two and I don't trust our government to make the distinction when the proverbial crap hits the fan....

< With the large-scale military deployment still days away, Metroplex airport screeners who expected to help out with security at the New Orleans airport ended up over the Labor Day weekend loading planes with the sick and dying, confiscating weapons and compiling passenger manifests.

It was a case of holding the fort until the cavalry arrived, says Mike Restovich, federal security director at Dallas Love Field. Restovich took over the security job in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina hit -- to allow his counterparts time to see to their families.

"Our mission was to screen passengers -- that's not what we did," Restovich says.

Baggage screeners lifted survivors in wheelchairs one by one and carried them down the terminal stairs, across the tarmac and up the skystairs. A federal air marshal operated the plane tugs.

Screeners spoke with survivors one by one, gathering names and birthdates -- a rudimentary identification process.

They confiscated hundreds of weapons from evacuees, including 90 guns during the first three days of airlifts. There was no blame assigned to anyone who came to the airport armed. Restovich said that for personal safety the men he drove to the airport with were armed, too. >

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/12620194.htm

smadewell
Pirate

Post by smadewell » 09-12-2005 12:32 PM

Fred_Vobbe wrote: Smadewell. you owe me a new blotter on my desk!

While reading the link you posted, (which, btw, is a good article), and drinking a Diet Coke, I read the following.

The four big reasons for self defense on the trail are:

Cougars
Dogs
Range cattle (bulls mainly)
Feral Humans

It was at that moment I did the exact thing that Danny Thomas did on his TV show when being shocked. Feral Humans! OMG! :D

LOL! Well, Fred.... As anyone who has done any serious hiking through State or National Parks can tell you ... the city streets aren't the only place the "released" crazies and the down-and-outers live.

Spend enough time in the woods and you're bound to see at least a couple of people who wouldn't pass for the average family camper or student backpacker.

I've seen at least one questionable looking person my own self (in the moutains of California) and -- being unarmed at the time -- I left the area with due haste for fear of becoming part of Cannibal Joe's wilderness stew! ::::cringe:::: I won't even mention the hardcore (i.e., non-yuppie) biker gangs that cruise through the mountains and frequent the Mojave Desert. Mad Max much? My uncle used to do under cover work and rode with these gangs. Oh the stories he could tell....

Let a few cities get hit by suitcase nukes (or the like) and I'm sure the hills will be alive with more than the sound of music -- if you catch my drift.

Okay.... I'm an alarmist. I'm a reactionary. I'm a worry-wart. I'm chicken little. Guilt as charged! :D Still.... An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure and like the Boy Scouts say ... BE PREPARED! ;)

smadewell
Pirate

The Rainbow Fish?

Post by smadewell » 09-12-2005 12:39 PM

You know.... I read a book called "The Rainbow Fish" to my kid the other day and thought to myself ... "This author would have bedn blacklisted back in the days of McCarthyism." Why?

Well, it's pretty much a communistic tale of a fish with shinney scales who is asked by the other fish if they could have one. In the end, ... there are a lot of fish that each are given one of the shinney scales that once bedecked the body of the Rainbow Fish, who was now reduced to having but one remaining shinney scale his own self!

Yeah, it's supposed to be a story about sharing, but ... turn the scales into food and throw the ocean into chaos and what you've got is a crap load of beggar fish and one overly generous and stupid Rainbow Fish with a mere single day's worth of food between them in order to tide them over! Pfft! The crap they're attempting to put into the minds of our children these days.... ARGH! Whatever happened to "this little piggy"...?

Hence.... I'll have more ammo than food stock piled for Doomsday in order to send the little piggies who didn't go to market squealing "wee-wee-wee" all the way home! Greedy, cruel and barbarious? Nah! It's just Social Darwinism playing itself out.

Fred_Vobbe
Pirate

Post by Fred_Vobbe » 09-12-2005 09:25 PM

smadewell wrote: Okay.... I'm an alarmist. I'm a reactionary. I'm a worry-wart. I'm chicken little. Guilt as charged! :D Still.... An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure and like the Boy Scouts say ... BE PREPARED! ;)

No, you're not being out of line. I've seen the good and bad of humanity, and know that some people can be extremely cruel in the way they interface with people. Ferel humans is an appropriate term. Dad said it best, "never pick a fight, but if someone starts it, finish it."
scientia quod ethics super ususfructus

Return to “National”