Gas prices.....

National news scene

Moderator: Super Moderators

smadewell
Pirate

Gas prices.....

Post by smadewell » 08-30-2005 06:34 PM

@#$%! A .30 cent increase in gas in two freaking days and zero pay increase on the horizon and no means or wherewithal to buy a hybrid? Pfft! They might as well just hurry up and start tagging us all with a microchip and the Mark of the Beast now....

Total slavery can't be far off. Time to organize a mass strike and boycott, IMO. It's the only power we pee-ons have ever truly had, but even that option is fading fast. Time for another Mutiny at Spithead, says I!!!

I don't know what the rest of you do and/or did for a living, but us white trash folk in the Midwest don't earn squat and just keep on gettin' the blood sucked out of us by the rat-bastard, vampires in Washington D.C. and their industrial, globalist butt-buddies.

I'm trying like Hell to get out from under this blasted credit card debt that me and the little woman ran up, which, I admit was a huge mistake to begin with, but there was really no other way to get her over here and help her family from losing their land and house and paying for my wife's tumour removal surgery, the delivery of our son and his eye surgery.

We have managed to pay off many of our credit card debts, but ... with gas and associated price hikes ... the future looks very dark indeed.
S.Madewell - "If the truth shall kill a man ... let him die!"

palosheights
Pirate

Post by palosheights » 08-30-2005 10:28 PM

yep, we're all slowly going down hill but imagine, if you can. all those people that were in the path of katrina, they lost everything and thanks to the govt come october with the new bankruptcy laws they will be stuck with these debts with no way in freakin hell to repay those now or anytime in the future. i think for millions there is no light whatsoever at the end of the tunnel.

andy

Lord Moon
Pirate

As Thomas Paine is quoted as saying...

Post by Lord Moon » 08-30-2005 11:44 PM

Repression is the seed of revolution...

grab onto your buts, because $3.00 a gallon gas is right on your doorstep...and when oil reaches $100 a drum in the next couple of weeks gas will reach $4.00 a gallon sometime this fall..

And it's never going to go down again. THat's because China and India are competing with us for crude oil. And even if everyone drives hybrids getting 50mph it's still not going to bring the price of oil down.... inflation is going to go crazy because food prices will start to rise......and when Oct 17 hits it's likely that the housing buble will start to burst....

The other day it was announced that Curious George's presidential library is going to be patterned after Herbert Hoover's somehow this is more than fitting, poetic justice if you will.... welcome to the Super Depression...

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 08-30-2005 11:56 PM

Well Lord Moon on my way home from work what I saw at stations was $2.99 to #3.15 per gallon, went to Costco and paid $2.69. So $3.00 is here and than some at least in the Detroit area.

Lord Moon
Pirate

Yes Shirley it's here...

Post by Lord Moon » 08-31-2005 12:14 AM

I'm usually very pessimistic about things, but I'm even surpised that it got here so fast.....

I think we can expect a steady rise in prices as crude goes up...

Even if Bush releases the strategic reserves, it won't do anything except give us a psychological boost, because it's refinning capacity is down, so they still won't have some place to refine more oil...

smadewell
Pirate

Post by smadewell » 08-31-2005 07:05 AM

palosheights wrote: yep, we're all slowly going down hill but imagine, if you can. all those people that were in the path of katrina, they lost everything and thanks to the govt come october with the new bankruptcy laws they will be stuck with these debts with no way in freakin hell to repay those now or anytime in the future. i think for millions there is no light whatsoever at the end of the tunnel.

andy

Can John Titor's Civil War be too far off? Wake up America! Look at where the trail of bread crumbs we've been following is leading us!!!
S.Madewell - "If the truth shall kill a man ... let him die!"

palosheights
Pirate

Post by palosheights » 08-31-2005 10:15 AM

that should be the quote of the year smadewell - follow the trail of the breadcrumbs. once we follow that trial and get in so far and then the big claw of the trap is clamp down and there will be no way out (will oct. 17 be the big claw?).

will this be the big depression or, will everyone just stick there heads in the ground and pretend it's not happening to them?

andy

Gotrox
Pirate

Post by Gotrox » 08-31-2005 11:54 AM

I was lucky-----was at our local gas station yesterday while the man was there to change the prices----called all my relatives and we managed to get everything filled @ $2.89----15 mins later------$3.29.

drnewel
Pirate

More than gas prices

Post by drnewel » 08-31-2005 08:27 PM

There might be more than just gas prices at stake.

The Federal Government as we know it may crash.

During the Clinton Administration, before they balanced the budget - the Government actualy had to shut down on several occasions.

This time, there may be Government shutdowns, and long periods of Federal Collapse.

Regions may band together to hire the cops in a kind of a distributed Federal-istic system.

California, Nevada, Oregon, and the western state of Washington may form an entity un to itself, and the other regions may fend for themselves, the Southern Independent States of the Confederacy, etc.

This is not "Rebel Rousing," or Anarchy Distribution of Litature - this is: as an Historian, and as a Political Scientist, and as a Sociologist.
Last edited by drnewel on 08-31-2005 08:32 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Newel

Bellisima
Pirate

Post by Bellisima » 09-01-2005 12:07 PM

Aug 31, 2005 10:03 pm US/Mountain
Gas Prices Nearly Six Dollars A Gallon In Georgia

(KUTV) ALTLANTA, Georgia Gasoline prices were climbing out of control Wednesday in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

Gasoline in Atlanta, Georgia was selling for nearly $6 a gallon.

Rampant rumors of gas shortages have people lining up for blocks at stations and prices surging by the hour.

Most states reported $3 gas. Analysts said price increases nationwide probably wouldn’t stop until gas hit $4 per gallon.

(© MMV, CBS Broadcasting, Inc.
ImageA silent mouth is sweet to hear.
Irish saying

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 09-01-2005 04:01 PM

Never mind the looters, blast the stations charging double based on rumors. That's robbery without a gun..
______

But if we just weren't so dependent on our precious cars, like the rest of the world is not, this wouldn't be such a crippling issue. This is a good time to look into alternative transportation wherever you are.

Waverider
Pirate

Post by Waverider » 09-01-2005 04:11 PM

Right' We'll get on our bicycles and send the SUV's to China'..
That'll work!;)

sayntbrigid
Pirate

Post by sayntbrigid » 09-01-2005 04:34 PM

IN KATRINA'S WAKE
Ouch! $6 gas
near Atlanta
Georgia governor outlaws gouging as stations jack up cost, lines form
Posted: August 31, 2005
9:15 p.m. Eastern

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

As impacts of Hurricane Katrina affect both the production and transportation of fuel, gas stations in the Atlanta area today dramatically jacked up their prices, with one charging $5.87 a gallon.
Full Story:
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=46083

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 09-01-2005 04:42 PM

Waverider wrote: Right' We'll get on our bicycles and send the SUV's to China'..
That'll work!;)

Hi Jeri. Image Sounds like a plan to me! :cool:

Too bad we can't just surf everywhere we go..Image

palosheights
Pirate

eca

Post by palosheights » 09-01-2005 09:51 PM

alot of people at work who work part time are REALLY worried about this because with the wages it's just not worth it because after takes and other expenses they may make about 5 bucks an hour, whoopee. companie can't really do anything about it or can they?

let's just take a look at two chains - walmart and walgreens. how many billions in each of these families, quite a few. these companies are raking it in at the expense of the workers.

what will be the braking point be

andy

Return to “National”