Why Is Tom DeLay Even Allowed On TV Anymore?

Archive - Caveat Emptor!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 09-01-2007 08:42 AM

By Melissa McEwan
Posted on August 31, 2007, Printed on September 1, 2007
http://www.alternet.org/bloggers/mcewan/61348/
First he shows up yesterday morning on The Today Show in the guise of an expert to speak with Matt Lauer about Republican corruption, and then he pops up last night on Hardball to discuss the Larry Craig scandal with Chris Matthews. In both appearances, disgraced erstwhile House Majority Leader DeLay--the prosecution of whom on money laundering and conspiracy indictments is still pending--spent most of his time grousing about Democratic corruption and the media's alleged double-standard in making hay over GOP scandals while ignoring Democratic ones.

That he blathered endlessly on these tired old raggedy-ass talking points is not a surprise; being a Republican shill unhindered by an ounce of integrity or regard for reality is all he knows how to do. What never ceases to amaze, however, is that there are still media outlets willing and eager to give him air time to disgorge his diarrhetic bloviations while treating him like a legitimate source of wisdom and perspective.

The guy is a crook to his core, and, far from being gifted with the sort of charisma and magnetism that makes one an irresistible TV source, DeLay is a whining, humorless wreck of a guest with nothing of substance to add, who delivers the same pointless dreck every time to boot.

Even aside from the extraordinary list of reasons that his own corruption-laden résumé should exempt him from the guest list of any serious media outlet for all eternity, he makes a terrible guest.

So, again, I ask: Why does anyone give Tom DeLay the time of day? He doesn't deserve it. And neither do we.

Melissa McEwan writes and edits the blog Shakespeare's Sister.

© 2007 Independent Media Institute. All rights reserved.
View this story online at: http://www.alternet.org/bloggers/mcewan/61348/

This is sick spin in my opinion, and the sicker part of it is that some will buy it.

ibme
Pirate

Post by ibme » 09-01-2007 11:28 AM

That he blathered endlessly on these tired old raggedy-ass talking points is not a surprise; being a Republican shill unhindered by an ounce of integrity or regard for reality is all he knows how to do. What never ceases to amaze, however, is that there are still media outlets willing and eager to give him air time to disgorge his diarrhetic bloviations while treating him like a legitimate source of wisdom and perspective.
Such a mystery.:cool:

budeone
Pirate

Post by budeone » 09-01-2007 06:49 PM

I just LOVE the subject line in this. Yea, why would we even want to hear for this guy?
"BUSH" The Worst President in History...

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/512/ ... vg4ce3.jpg

OMG
Pirate

Re: Why Is Tom DeLay Even Allowed On TV Anymore?

Post by OMG » 09-03-2007 08:25 AM

Shirleypal wrote: Why Is Tom DeLay Even Allowed On TV Anymore?
By Melissa McEwan
Posted on August 31, 2007, Printed on September 1, 2007
http://www.alternet.org/bloggers/mcewan/61348/
First he shows up yesterday morning on The Today Show in the guise of an expert to speak with Matt Lauer about Republican corruption, and then he pops up last night on Hardball to discuss the Larry Craig scandal with Chris Matthews. In both appearances, disgraced erstwhile House Majority Leader DeLay--the prosecution of whom on money laundering and conspiracy indictments is still pending--spent most of his time grousing about Democratic corruption and the media's alleged double-standard in making hay over GOP scandals while ignoring Democratic ones.

So, again, I ask: Why does anyone give Tom DeLay the time of day? He doesn't deserve it. And neither do we.

I'd love to ask, if there is a liberal media, why the hell is your sorry self having an avenue to talk. Then I'd kick him out as his presesnce alone ruins the credibility of any news show.

It's the same thing with tese republican idioits, its always someone elses fault, never ever look within themselves.

pennylane7
Pirate

Post by pennylane7 » 09-03-2007 04:43 PM

Well the thing that bothers me the most is the insult ontop of injury.....
they treat us like we should care or forgive or what the hell is it they want.........they won't get it from me............ever.
these days it's like watching tv I am being bombarded with the ilk that were up to; there you know what's with you know who and we are just supposed to swallow it and make it like it never happened.
I'd rather talk to my granddaughter about it...she has more common sense then all of them put together....sheesh!

Return to “Politics and Government Pre-2007”