Fred Thompson makes it official Sept. 6

Archive - Caveat Emptor!

Moderator: Super Moderators

SETIsLady
Pirate

Fred Thompson makes it official Sept. 6

Post by SETIsLady » 08-30-2007 07:54 PM

Warm up the computer: Fred Thompson is set to officially announce his presidential candidacy before making a beeline to Iowa.

The former Tennessee senator, a Republican, will announce his run Sept. 6 on the Internet at http://www.ImWithFred.com.

"By announcing via webcast, Fred is able to take his consistently mainstream conservative message directly to the voters, who are already responding to that message with a strong upwelling of grassroots support,” his committee manager Bill Lacy said in a press statement.

The announcement will be followed by campaign stops Sept. 6 in Des Moines and Council Bluffs; Sept. 7 in Sioux City and Mason City, and Sept. 8 in Cedar Rapids and Davenport. He'll move on to New Hampshire and South Carolina on Sept. 9 and 10.

Thompson, who is also an actor, is known for his portrayal of soft-spoken but tough characters in film and on television. He has risen to the top tier of Republican candidates in early polls of caucusgoers in Iowa, as well as in surveys of Republicans nationally.

A Washington Post/ABC News poll of Iowa Republicans published earlier this month had Thompson with support from 13 percent of likely caucusgoers, trailing Romney, who was the top choice at 26 percent, and Giuliani, who was in second place with 14 percent.

"The response that we've received makes me confident that we have an opportunity to change politics in Washington and across the country, and take on these challenges the way every generation of Americans has faced the challenges of their time — with unity, hard work and a belief that we will come out on the winning side," Thompson said in a press release.

http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs. ... 001/SPORTS

Dynja
Pirate

Post by Dynja » 08-30-2007 09:05 PM

"I'm announcing that I will be officially announcing."

Just more political game playing. :rolleyes:

Corvid
Anchors Aweigh

Post by Corvid » 08-30-2007 10:32 PM

Have we not been warned about them "Hollywood" types?

Are they not supposed to be bad?

Is there a double standard working here?

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 08-31-2007 06:44 AM

Dynja wrote: "I'm announcing that I will be officially announcing."

Just more political game playing. :rolleyes:
I agree with you Dynja, even though he hasn't offically announced it, he has been campaigning IMO.

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 08-31-2007 06:45 AM

Corvid wrote: Have we not been warned about them "Hollywood" types?

Nahhhhhhhh Republican Hollywood types are ok, Corvid. They are here to protect us. ;)

Nice to see ya my friend :)

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 08-31-2007 07:20 AM

Actually Lane Hudson, has filed a compliant with the FEC last week. Thompson has 15 days to respond and of course he says he is not breaking the law.

FEC complaint filed against Thompson

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 08-31-2007 07:41 PM

He's from Tennessee... I don't know which is worse, KnasHelle or Hollyweird.

I like Sen. Thompson, however...he came to my aid at a very difficult time when I lived in KnasHelle. He was the ONLY person to respond and help me when I had gone to everyone possible. That still means a lot to me.
It's either real or it's a dream, There's nothing that is in between. ~ Jeff Lynne

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 08-31-2007 07:50 PM

Dynja wrote: "I'm announcing that I will be officially announcing."

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I officially give up, Race.

A "No-Vote" has the same voice as a "Vote". IMHHO. Will be getting quitely drunk on Election Day, 2008.

My best of luck with Hillary.
Last edited by Live365 on 08-31-2007 07:54 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

OMG
Pirate

Post by OMG » 08-31-2007 09:11 PM

Corvid wrote: Have we not been warned about them "Hollywood" types?

That's is pretty kinda funny, That is actually so true, I mean isn't he a Hollywood elitiest (whatever that means)

Wait a old, white, high income republican. Now Thats going to shake things up!! With a twist, his spin people will try to portray him as Reagan-esq (well if you dont' count every other Republican candidate trying to leach of Reagan)

Corvid
Anchors Aweigh

Post by Corvid » 08-31-2007 11:41 PM

OMG wrote: That's is pretty kinda funny, That is actually so true, I mean isn't he a Hollywood elitiest (whatever that means)

Wait a old, white, high income republican. Now Thats going to shake things up!! With a twist, his spin people will try to portray him as Reagan-esq (well if you dont' count every other Republican candidate trying to leach of Reagan)

Reagan was a total fraud.... sleeping through a presidency and reciting the propaganda as it was fed to him.

Iran Contra... don't ask him. He did remember nothing. (But don't discuss the assholes involved in the treason that was Iran Contra..... to Racehorse they are HEROES by gawd!).

Hell, in California, we elected a son of a bitch (and the son of an Austrian NAZI) who admitted that he ADMIRED ADOLPH HITLER and "we" made him the fracking GOVERNOR.

Perhaps fred thompson could win.... all they have to do is convince him to accept some controlling puppeteer's hand up his ass.

That did not seem to bother bush.

Maybe it won't bother thompson.

It will not bother Racehorse.

It will bother me, however.

Return to “Politics and Government Pre-2007”