Biden says Bush wants to delay chaos

Archive - Caveat Emptor!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Shirleypal
Pirate

Biden says Bush wants to delay chaos

Post by Shirleypal » 08-28-2007 09:53 PM

Yes that is exactly what he is doing and the hell with how many of our soilders die in the meantime, what a bastard.

Biden says Bush wants to delay chaos By MIKE GLOVER, Associated Press Writer
Tue Aug 28, 6:48 PM ET

Democrat Joe Biden charged Tuesday that President Bush's policies in Iraq are designed to confuse voters and ensure that a chaotic end to the war is delayed until after he leaves office.

Biden pointed to the turmoil that accompanied the end of the Vietnam War, with Americans plucked from the roof of the U.S. Embassy as enemy troops poured into Saigon. He said Bush wants to avoid such a stain on the end of his presidency.

"They would not be the ones who would have to deal with the reality of picking people up off the roofs of the embassy," said Biden, a Delaware senator and presidential candidate.

Biden, who heads the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, said Congress will launch hearings on the Iraq war the first week it's back in session. He rejected Bush's assertion that an increase in the number of troops has improved the situation in Iraq.

Speaking at a news conference, Biden called for a diplomatic offensive that would reach out to major industrial nations as well as Iraq's neighbors.

"It's long past the time we make Iraq the world's problem, not our own," he said.

Earlier in the day, Bush defended his war strategy in a speech to veterans and warned that a withdrawal of troops would threaten the United States. But Biden said Democrats and Republicans have concluded that the president's Iraq policy is doomed — he compared it to the Bush administration's response to Hurricane Katrina.

"The president continues to suffer from what I refer to as the Katrina complex," he said. "The Katrina complex is, ignore all the warnings, bad things happen, continue to follow the same bad, failed policy and things get worse and worse. That's exactly what this policy is doing to us."

Biden said a series of reports have refuted the claim that Iraq was somehow related to the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.

"That should put to rest once and for all the false refrain that President
LINK

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 08-29-2007 08:57 AM

The Amerikan Caligula told us in March of 2003 that if we did not fight the sand-n****rs in the streets of Baghdad, we would be fighting them in the streets of New York City. This was a bold-faced lie, designed to get the degenerate, debased, decadent, doomed 'Merikan people to consent to his military privatization of the resources of a country halfway across the world.

The irony now is that Our Fuerher is now quite correct, four-and-a-half years later. On 30 April 1975, when the boots of our Marines were smashing the hands of the desperate hordes grabbing at the runners as the helicopters lifted off the roof of the Amerikan Embassy, the Viet Cong had neither the desire --- nor the ability --- to carry the war back to the West Coast.

And now it's almost a third of a century later. Dubya, when he lifts his scrambled brains from the enormous pile of blow on his desk in the Oval Offrice, knows that we are fornicated in spades. He knows what we have done over the past two-thirds of a century and what others are capable of doing to us as a result of what we have done to them. He's better off burying his bloated face deeply in that pile of blow rather than thinking about it...

It's the last half hour in the 2007 remake of The Alamo, folks. Duke Wayne is striding the parapets of the mission, waving the flag and screaming that he is willing to die for freedom (which actually means the right to keep slaves, chattel as opposed to wage, but who cares about the fine points, right?) Laurence Harvey is in the commandant's office, making sure that he looks his best as he goes out to meet his fate. And Richard Widmark is propped up on his sick-bed, a glistening bowie knife in each hand, grimly determined to take down to hell with him as many of those damn wetbacks as he can. Meanwhile, off camera, the peasants are moving silently into position for the final assault like hordes of cockroaches or army ants. And of course, the patriotic sound track is blaring all over the theater as the spectators in the dark glom into that popcorn and those Gobbers!

That, my friends, is where we are at the present time, and don't let anybody try to tell you otherwise! I don't know about you, but I myself am off in the corner of the Alamo donning a sombrero and a sarape, chugging down the tequila as fast as I can, and chanting boozily as I slide slowly down the wall of the fort onto my ass, bottle still in hand, "Viva la Revolucion!" Maybe you have a better idea for survival, dudes, but this works fine with me!
Last edited by joequinn on 08-29-2007 09:05 AM, edited 1 time in total.
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

Biker
Pirate

Post by Biker » 08-29-2007 09:20 AM

Well Joe, I have a tat on my right shoulder that reads:

'You Can't Enslave A Free Man

You Can Only Kill Him'

Remember The Alamo.

Biker;)
"Bring me my broadsword and clear understanding".

Ian Anderson

Return to “Politics and Government Pre-2007”