Idaho Sen. Craig accused of lewd behavior

Archive - Caveat Emptor!

Moderator: Super Moderators

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 09-04-2007 12:46 AM

You are right bout that Foto........and yes we are comparing Idaho to Eastern WA rather then places like Seattle.

My brother was Personnel Director for Chico State in CA and was in a union and gets a great package as his retirement. My sister working (now retired also) for the state of CA was in another union as she worked in administration at a local prison.......their benefits and their wage were very good because they were part of a union and their retirement packages are great...a union does make a difference in peoples lives.... imo.

The employers have been taking from the middle class not because they can't make ends meet by paying a decent wage but because their profits have skyrocketed by outsourcing and they like it that way.
Last edited by tiffany on 09-04-2007 12:49 AM, edited 1 time in total.

SETIsLady
Pirate

Craig Reconsiders Decision to Resign

Post by SETIsLady » 09-05-2007 08:23 AM

BOISE, Idaho (AP) - Sen. Larry Craig is reconsidering his decision to resign after his arrest in a Minnesota airport sex sting and may still fight for his Senate seat, his spokesman said Tuesday evening.

"It's not such a foregone conclusion anymore, that the only thing he could do was resign," said Sidney Smith, Craig's spokesman in Idaho's capital.

"We're still preparing as if Senator Craig will resign Sept. 30, but the outcome of the legal case in Minnesota and the ethics investigation will have an impact on whether we're able to stay in the fight - and stay in the Senate."

Craig, a Republican who has represented Idaho in Congress for 27 years, announced Saturday that he intends to resign from the Senate on Sept. 30. But since then, he's hired a prominent lawyer to investigate the possibility of reversing his plea, his spokesman said.

Craig was a no-show Tuesday as Congress reconvened after a summer break and it wasn't clear whether he'll return at all since deciding to resign over his guilty plea in a sex sting this summer at the Minneapolis airport.

Another spokesman, Dan Whiting in Washington, said Tuesday that Craig was expected to spend the week in Idaho as the Senate votes on spending bills for veterans and other programs. Whiting did not rule out Craig's returning to Washington before the end of the month.

http://apnews.myway.com//article/200709 ... VOK80.html

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 09-05-2007 03:23 PM

Hey guess what I did today........well I was at the hospital getting a blood test and on the way out I used the bathroom. It had four stalls in it. I went into the last stall to well ya know and I looked down at the woman next to me's sandals as they were similar to mine. I said to her is it okay if I put my foot under the stall wall and she laughed and said sure. I said I just wanted to see the mechanics of Craig's doings...she was laughing.

Well I stretched my foot under the stall wall (and yes my leg is probably shorter than Craig's) and almost fell off the seat and almost encountered a split.

The guy just didn't spread his legs to keep his pants on and happened to touch and tap the top of the next persons shoe. Your foot is well within your stall and not that easy nor that casual a mistake to touch your neighbors foot........and that swiping your hand under the wall back and forth..how creepy........
Last edited by tiffany on 09-05-2007 03:27 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 09-05-2007 04:31 PM

Yep good idea, the Dem's would probably pay him to run again, BTW do you know why the GOP Convention is being held in Minneapolis, they like the bathroom arrangement.

Biker
Pirate

Post by Biker » 09-05-2007 05:21 PM

Hmmm...next time I'm in the Lady's bathroom, I think I'm gonna try that, Miss Tiff.

Biker:D
"Bring me my broadsword and clear understanding".

Ian Anderson

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 09-05-2007 05:27 PM

Biker wrote: Hmmm...next time I'm in the Lady's bathroom, I think I'm gonna try that, Miss Tiff.

Hahahaha...ok I can picture you there trying it Biker ;) :D

Fotograf
Pirate

Post by Fotograf » 09-05-2007 06:53 PM

When Craig was trying to argue that all of his bathroom stall actions were perfectly normal and any touching of feet was inadvertant I was reminded of how Nixon's secretary, Rosemary Woods, tried to sell us the notion that she accidently erased that famous 17 minutes of Watergate tape. There was a picture in the paper of her laying back in her chair and reaching behind her while having a leg stuck out the other way to hit a foot switch. Sure, that's a common position one would assume behind a desk; happens all the time. Right. No one believed her then and no one believes Craig now. :p

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 09-05-2007 07:10 PM

tiffany wrote: Hey guess what I did today........well I was at the hospital getting a blood test and on the way out I used the bathroom. It had four stalls in it. I went into the last stall to well ya know and I looked down at the woman next to me's sandals as they were similar to mine. I said to her is it okay if I put my foot under the stall wall and she laughed and said sure. I said I just wanted to see the mechanics of Craig's doings...she was laughing.

Well I stretched my foot under the stall wall (and yes my leg is probably shorter than Craig's) and almost fell off the seat and almost encountered a split.

The guy just didn't spread his legs to keep his pants on and happened to touch and tap the top of the next persons shoe. Your foot is well within your stall and not that easy nor that casual a mistake to touch your neighbors foot........and that swiping your hand under the wall back and forth..how creepy........

:cool:
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

majda
Pirate

Post by majda » 09-05-2007 07:57 PM

Biker wrote: Hmmm...next time I'm in the Lady's bathroom, I think I'm gonna try that, Miss Tiff.

:eek: Now that's one bathroom I'd like to be a fly on the wall in! Just remember the girdle goes up, not down, when you sit Biker! And watch the high heels! They can be tricky! :D
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government -- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Biker
Pirate

Post by Biker » 09-05-2007 09:48 PM

majda wrote: :eek: Now that's one bathroom I'd like to be a fly on the wall in! Just remember the girdle goes up, not down, when you sit Biker! And watch the high heels! They can be tricky! :D

What the HELL is a girdle!?

You think my scuffed up engineer boots would give me away? The spur?

I think I need some coaching...

"Bring me my broadsword and clear understanding".

Ian Anderson

majda
Pirate

Post by majda » 09-05-2007 10:41 PM

Biker wrote: What the HELL is a girdle!?

Betcha Senator Craig knows Biker! :D :D
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government -- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 09-05-2007 11:38 PM

LOL you two are crazy funny.............:D

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 09-05-2007 11:44 PM

That would be a pic to see alright...that lady just might be a cop...:eek: ;)

IronsGold
Pirate

Post by IronsGold » 09-06-2007 12:02 AM

Biker wrote: What the HELL is a girdle!?

You think my scuffed up engineer boots would give me away? The spur?

I think I need some coaching...

Go ahead Majda, I DARE you!

Biker, with your legs you could reach down two stalls and get yourself two ladies. Now that would be a party!
"What fresh hell is this?"
Dorothy Parker

majda
Pirate

Post by majda » 09-06-2007 12:34 AM

IronsGold wrote: Go ahead Majda, I DARE you!

Biker, with your legs you could reach down two stalls and get yourself two ladies. Now that would be a party!

Now Craig would be really jealous of that feat IronsGold! :p

Return to “Politics and Government Pre-2007”