whskyfan
Pirate

Idaho Sen. Craig accused of lewd behavior

Post by whskyfan » 08-27-2007 08:03 PM

It seems to get worse every day.

:(

Idaho Sen. Craig accused of lewd behavior

Published: Aug. 27, 2007 at 7:39 PM
WASHINGTON, Aug. 27 (UPI) -- Sen. Larry Craig, R-Idaho, said Monday police misconstrued his actions before arresting him for alleged lewd behavior in a Minneapolis airport men's restroom.

The incident occurred June 11 at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport and Craig pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct in Minnesota Aug. 8, Roll Call reported. Craig paid more than $500 in fines, was placed on one year's probation and was given a 10-day jail term that was stayed.

An airport undercover officer said Craig tapped his foot while in the next toilet stall, which he "recognized ... as a signal used by persons wishing to engage in lewd conduct."

Roll Call reported Craig was detained about 45 minutes, at one point handing the arresting officer a business card identifying him as a U.S. senator and said "What do you think about that?"

The senator issued a statement, saying he had complained to police that they were "misconstruing my actions," CNN reported.

"I was not involved in any inappropriate conduct," he said. "I should have had the advice of counsel in resolving this matter. In hindsight, I should not have pled guilty. I was trying to handle this matter myself quickly and expeditiously.”

Link
1N73LL1G3NC3 15 7H3 4B1L17Y 704D4P7 70 CH4NG3.
-573PH3N H4WK1NG

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 08-27-2007 08:07 PM

Good grief what is going on with these Repulicans, everyday another one...............we have a lot scum in office these days.

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 08-27-2007 08:17 PM

Shirleypal wrote: Good grief what is going on with these Repulicans, everyday another one...............we have a lot scum in office these days.

Being a Republican has nothing to do with this!
racehorse

Biker
Pirate

Post by Biker » 08-27-2007 08:25 PM

There is no difference between the Pubs and the Dems. Tring to politisise this behavior is an excersise in futility or, on another level, dishonesty.

There *is* a lot of scum in office these days - on both sides of the aisle.

I calls 'em as I see's em.

Biker
"Bring me my broadsword and clear understanding".

Ian Anderson

Psychicwolf
Pirate

Post by Psychicwolf » 08-27-2007 08:31 PM

Biker wrote: There is no difference between the Pubs and the Dems. Tring to politisise this behavior is an excersise in futility or, on another level, dishonesty.

There *is* a lot of scum in office these days - on both sides of the aisle.

I calls 'em as I see's em.

Biker

How true and so sad. It's easy to see how we are in the fix we are today when you take a hard look at our "representatives" in Congress. I sincerely fear that they are a mirror to the majority of Americans today. Present company on this forum excepted, of course.:D
Dance to heal the earth. Not just when you're dancing, but always. Live the dance, whenever you move, in all you do, dance to heal the earth.

Cynthia Lynn
Pirate

Post by Cynthia Lynn » 08-27-2007 08:46 PM

One question.

Why did it take so long for this story to be reported?

MAD
Pirate

NBA or NFL?

Post by MAD » 08-27-2007 09:23 PM

I recieved this in an email recently.

MAD

NBA OR NFL?

36 …...have been accused of spousal abuse
7 …….have been arrested for fraud
19 ……have been accused of writing bad checks
117 …...have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least
3 …….have done time for assault
71……..repeat 71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit
14 ……have been arrested on drug-related charges
8 ……..have been arrested for shoplifting
21…....currently are defendants in lawsuits, and
84 ……have been arrested for drunk driving in the last year

Can you guess which organization this is?

NBA or NFL?

Give up yet?

Scroll down……

Neither,

It’s the 535 members of the United States Congress!

The same group that cranks out hundreds of new laws each year
designed to keep the rest of us in line.

AND THEY JUST VOTED THEMSELVES $15,000 PER MONTH PENSION FOR
LIFE AFTER SERVING ONLY ONE TERM IN CONGRESS
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein ~

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 08-27-2007 09:41 PM

Republicans do not seem to be held accountable in the current political climate. Even Bush himself. It's just a variation on the 'Clinton did it' theme.

Each person should be held accountable for his/her own actions. And while being a 'republican' is not a determinate factor - conservative views (not fiscal conservative views, but moral ones) are often repressive, and can lead to acting out behaviors.

Biker
Pirate

Post by Biker » 08-27-2007 09:54 PM

You bet. Clinton "did it" and so did Bush.

Now, with that revelation, how does that justify either's behavior and if you would, define 'conservative moral behaviors'.

Fact is, I'm a conservative libertarian with strongly defined morals and I enjoy three-somes with women. Am I repressed?

I would appreciate some clarification.

Biker:)
"Bring me my broadsword and clear understanding".

Ian Anderson

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 08-27-2007 10:20 PM

Biker wrote: Fact is, I'm a conservative libertarian with strongly defined morals and I enjoy three-somes with women.

Goodness!

:)

I'm not sure what I'm doing here. Other than I was allured by Biker's post. I guess I would just ask that the leader of the World be...like...the leader of the World. And not be spending his time getting wahoos from little girls. Clinton nearly destroyed this Country, and now the wife is poised to finish the job.

To be on point, I agree with Race (big suprise!). Since when did being a Republican have anything to do with this?
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

IvyQ
Pirate

Post by IvyQ » 08-27-2007 10:30 PM

Live365 wrote: Clinton nearly destroyed this Country, and now the wife is poised to finish the job.

i think not. like someone's quote 'at least when Clinton lied, nobody died'.

and who cares about a damn blow-job, half the people in the whitehouse are gettin' them but they haven't been found out and probably won't.

any choice other than the one we have had to deal with these past years would be better than what this administration served up.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 08-28-2007 01:25 AM

The posts are free, Biker.
The clarifications will cost ya.
;)

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 08-28-2007 01:30 AM

Live 365 - if Clinton nearly destroyed this country (and where are you getting this?) - pray tell me what in hell you think BushCo is doing!???!

Actually, never mind.
:(

vigo
Chief Swabbie

Post by vigo » 08-28-2007 02:43 AM

Linnea wrote: The posts are free, Biker.
The clarifications will cost ya.
;)

:D Salty Dawg ain't he. Kind of like my old dad used to be...

<WARNING this post may get a bit salty... read at your OWN risk>

"The senator issued a statement, saying he had complained to police that they were "misconstruing my actions," CNN reported."

Yeah what really happened is he was so wasted from all the drinks he had at the strip club next door that he wasn't sure he was aiming right and was merely asking the polite fellow next to him to help him aim. :o (courtesy of the spin doctors at the rovian think tank).

Friends, the world is going to hell in a mighty big hand basket. Sexual deviants of any political party are an embarrassment to those of us trying to raise our kids in a healthy environment. We try to teach them to respect authority and get involved in the system to make things better and these yahoos (no offense to the dot com) blow my cred out of the water...

With that said, I for one don't care what someone is doing on their own time in their own place (liaisons with minors excepted). However when you represent a group of people that expect a little moral decorum...keep it low key until you are put out to pasture you dum basses (fish reference of course).

Thanks for the heads up and mea culpa.. I'm currently under the influence of large doses of pain medications. Had surgery a couple of days ago and in a foul mood about all the worthless and selfish representatives of the people. What are these people thinking?

Tough raising children in this world now. You got to fingerprint and scrutinize every police officer, priest, teacher, coach, and youth worker before they can even see children. Whatever happened to honor and self control? :(
Well, better late than never, I suppose... Joe Quinn. ;)

pennylane7
Pirate

Post by pennylane7 » 08-28-2007 04:38 AM

Well with all that is happening to the republican party nowadays ...one would think that they would try and clean it up some huh?
I mean it really does not help with the message that they are trying to get out! That would be the wrong kind of message!

Return to “Politics and Government Pre-2007”