"Rising GOP Liberalism"

Archive - Caveat Emptor!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Rombaldi
Call Me "Hussein"

Post by Rombaldi » 10-01-2006 08:51 PM

racehorse wrote: Your interpretation and mine of the relative merits of the Republican party and the Democratic party are not the same, Rombaldi. I do what I believe is best for this country, as I know you do what you feel is best!
So... let me make sure I'm understanding you...

You think that having leaders that lie to the country and the congress to start a war is best?

You think that refusing to properly equip the troops while giving billions to cronies is best?

You think that standing back and letting a great american city DROWN while off playing guitar and having birthday cake is best?

You think that financially raping the seniors of this nation with a drug plan the EXPLICITLY PREVENTS the govt from negoiating better prices is best?

You think that SLASHING the student loan program in half, while doubling the interest rates is for the best?

You think that SLASHING THE FUNDING for the VA to care for the troops coming home, while at the same time using the meme "support the troops" to flay anyone that points it out is best?

You think that DESTROYING THE CONSITUTION to give the FurherChimp Dictorial powers (sp) [ie. eliminating Habeas Corpus) is the best?

You think that having the Rethuglican leadership COVER UP FOR OVER A YEAR a child predator, while at the same time having him put up as a champion of child protection is the best?

That's what you feel is best for the country Horsey??? Is it?

I'm waiting.
Republican - re·pub·li·can (r-pbl-kn) - political party, which will control part of Congress 2011-2012, undermining the strength of the country - on purpose, in public, without apology or shame - simply for a campaign advantage in 2012.

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 10-01-2006 08:55 PM

As I said before:
racehorse wrote: Your interpretation and mine of the relative merits of the Republican party and the Democratic party are not the same, Rombaldi.
racehorse

Rombaldi
Call Me "Hussein"

Post by Rombaldi » 10-01-2006 08:57 PM

racehorse wrote: As I said before:
SO, you do support all the acts above? Good, just want to know where you stand... and how deep you stand in excrement in supporting them.
Republican - re·pub·li·can (r-pbl-kn) - political party, which will control part of Congress 2011-2012, undermining the strength of the country - on purpose, in public, without apology or shame - simply for a campaign advantage in 2012.

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 10-01-2006 09:05 PM

Rombaldi wrote: SO, you do support all the acts above? Good, just want to know where you stand... and how deep you stand in excrement in supporting them.

Spin it however you want, Rombaldi.

The 2008 Presidential election is quickly approaching and I suspect as the evidence is starting to demonstrate that you will see a new re-energized Grand Old Party much more to the center of American politics. I think that is good for both the Republican party and the country and will prove to be quite successful!
racehorse

Rombaldi
Call Me "Hussein"

Post by Rombaldi » 10-01-2006 09:08 PM

racehorse wrote: Spin it however you want, Rombaldi.
Nothing to spin... you won't disavow those acts, therefore you must support them.... only you can prove otherwise...

and as for the 're-energized Greedy Oil Party' it's going to be more like fractured and split into multiple factions that will be powerless for years to come.

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 10-01-2006 09:11 PM

Rombaldi wrote: it's going to be more like fractured and split into multiple factions that will be powerless for years to come.
We will see, Rombaldi.
racehorse

Rombaldi
Call Me "Hussein"

Post by Rombaldi » 10-01-2006 09:12 PM

racehorse wrote: We will see,Rombaldi.
Yes, we'll see how long you continue to support these vile actions.

Is this like your great Chimperor, never can admit a mistake?

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 10-01-2006 09:16 PM

Rombaldi wrote: , never can admit a mistake?

Too bad, smilies are off. I can't roll my eyes.
racehorse

Rombaldi
Call Me "Hussein"

Post by Rombaldi » 10-01-2006 09:21 PM

racehorse wrote: Too bad, smilies are off. I can't roll my eyes.
Almost glad... since you can't just :rolleyes: away.. you have to speak... or let you silence speak louder.

spaceprophet
Pirate

Post by spaceprophet » 10-04-2006 11:26 PM

Can I answer these? I don't think race is going to. Please, please?
Rombaldi wrote: You think that having leaders that lie to the country and the congress to start a war is best?
If they told the truth, the country would've never let them start this pointless war. They couldn't have made themselves all this money through war profiteering either.
You think that refusing to properly equip the troops while giving billions to cronies is best?

It's called Donald Rumsfeld and Dick Cheney. Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum. If it was any other country there would be a coup followed by a firing squad.
You think that standing back and letting a great american city DROWN while off playing guitar and having birthday cake is best?

Why not? They've been trying to destroy the poor from the get-go anyway. This way they can stand by and let nature do it and they don't have to get their hands dirty.
You think that financially raping the seniors of this nation with a drug plan the EXPLICITLY PREVENTS the govt from negoiating better prices is best?

The drug companies were the ones allowed to write the legislation. It's their plan. People who need help aren't the issue. The rich and corporate America always comes first.
You think that SLASHING the student loan program in half, while doubling the interest rates is for the best?

They've been trying to totally privatize education for decades. Besides, banking and financial institutions are making mountains of dough this way. As the cost of education goes up and people have to borrow more and more money at higher interest rates, the money they make is staggering. Again, it's not about helping people who need help. Money lending companies are making tons of money off of the privatization of education.
You think that SLASHING THE FUNDING for the VA to care for the troops coming home, while at the same time using the meme "support the troops" to flay anyone that points it out is best?

They could care less about the troops when they come back. Especially if they come back disabled.
You think that DESTROYING THE CONSITUTION to give the FurherChimp Dictorial powers (sp) [ie. eliminating Habeas Corpus) is the best?

Its called fascism. Strictly a right-wing obsession.

You think that having the Rethuglican leadership COVER UP FOR OVER A YEAR a child predator, while at the same time having him put up as a champion of child protection is the best?

They use their "morals and values" mantra in order to secure votes. They don't give a damn about them. It's simply an excuse to destroy and vaporize the Bill of Rights.

Squall
Pirate

Re: "Rising GOP Liberalism"

Post by Squall » 10-04-2006 11:29 PM

racehorse wrote: In California, incumbent GOP Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger already had progressive views on abortion...immigration...
Interesting how they claim not taking responsibility over the Undesirable ramifications for ****ing lots of people is progressive. Interesting also how it is progressive to let millions of illegals not pay taxes yet for them to try to get the benefits of the social programs put out by the government. I'm impressed by the stance on the environment, as well as the fact that no longer relying on the Middle East for energy should be priority one...I'm not impressed by the "take no responsibility" culture that continues rising, and claiming it's the correct one as it does so.
Last edited by Squall on 10-04-2006 11:32 PM, edited 1 time in total.
"Be intolerant: because some things are just plain stupid."

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 10-05-2006 11:22 AM

spacey -- a slight aside here -- I too believed in Dole - met him in Russell too -- at a coffee shop when he and Elizabeth came in for coffee. This was before he ran for president. (I had been in Hays on some family business.) Was also at a rally here in KC -- late night - or should I say in the wee hours of the morning. I still like him as a person.

===
Trivia fact: How many know that Hillary worked in the Goldwater campaign?
===

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 10-05-2006 11:24 AM

Racehorse - yes I too have noticed the rising liberalism in GOP .. interesting how politicians sway to public wants...

Rombaldi
Call Me "Hussein"

Post by Rombaldi » 10-05-2006 11:48 AM

racehorse wrote: you will see a new re-energized Grand Old Party
You wanna try to re-spin that now this GOP = Gang Of Perverts?????

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 10-05-2006 12:06 PM

Rombaldi wrote: You wanna try to re-spin that now this GOP = Gang Of Perverts?????
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The Republican party is no more perverted than the Democratic party is! There are good and bad people in both. Calculated partisan rhetoric like your statement above is reprehensible and will not help your party, candidates, or causes!
Last edited by racehorse on 10-05-2006 12:14 PM, edited 1 time in total.
racehorse

Return to “Politics and Government Pre-2007”