For the "defenders of freedom"

Archive - Caveat Emptor!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Corvid
Anchors Aweigh

For the "defenders of freedom"

Post by Corvid » 09-28-2006 08:46 PM

Does it please you that the Rule of Law is dead?

Does it please you that the constitution of the United States is "just a piece of paper"?

C'mon.... this is your grand chance to defend your fascist masters.

Hell..... maybe I will give you my fracking address so that you could turn ME in to gonzales.... and get the fracking brownie points.

Racehorse? YOU are an attorney... well schooled in the "Rule of Law"..... how do you feel about this? I really want to know.

Am I missing something here?

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 09-28-2006 09:57 PM

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 09-28-2006 10:13 PM

Hey, Corvid, maybe Horsey is bucking to become the judge of one of those military tribunals and to become the bloodiest magistrate since Judge Jefferies of "the Bloody Assizes" of 1685. You had better behave, Corvid, or he might issue a lettre de cachet on you and you might disappear into the bowels of the Bastille, never to be seen again. And Lord knows, Cherry Kelly already has enough on you to have you hanged, drawn and quartered, ten times over. You had better be careful, or she will have a seizure right in court and start to accuse you of conspiring with Satan to blight her crops...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Assizes

:D :D :D
Last edited by joequinn on 09-28-2006 10:30 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Corvid
Anchors Aweigh

Post by Corvid » 09-28-2006 10:44 PM

"Underneath the Chestnut Tree,

I sold you and you sold me."

George Orwell

spaceprophet
Pirate

Post by spaceprophet » 09-28-2006 10:52 PM

They've successfully made habeas corpus illegitimate.

The Supreme Court's new term is going to hear cases involving a woman's right to choose and school segregation. They are expected to rule against the former and uphold the latter. The Bush regime's new appointees, along with staunch fascists Thomas and Scalia, are expected to usurp the votes needed there.

What the Father's of the Constitution and the Framers originally saw as illegal and unconstitutional, the NeoCons are boldly redefining it.

The Bush crime family and the NeoCons have shown an outright hostility to freedom of speech. The draconian FCC fines on broadcasters and attacking the fundamental right of free political speech with the horrendous Bipartisan Campaign Finance Reform bill, which severely restricts dissent. The law makes it a crime for non-profit advocacy groups simply to mutter the name of a national candidate within the last sixty days before a general election.

As a result of Bush’s policies, the government has even attacked freedom of assembly, creating "free speech zones" and keeping war protesters away when Bush appears on camera.

Warrantless wire taps, The Patriot Act's "Sneak and Peak", keeping track of library records, spying on you on the Internet, listening to your phone calls, disregarding habeas corpus, holding you in jail without charges indefinitely and without access to a lawyer are all just a drop in the bucket compared for what's in store for this country in the future.

Republican sheep say that their leaders are for freedom and have our best interest at heart.

What a sham.

Republican voters would bully their way to be first in the purple kool-aide line in Jonestown. They'd even ask for a straw.

When willl you wake and see that your party has been hijacked by people that despise freedom?

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 09-28-2006 11:01 PM

One thing that you are NOT going to read about in the news tomorrow is Senator Patrick Leahy (D-VT)'s magnificent speech on how disgusted he was at what happened in the Senate today. (I only knew of it because I watched C-SPAN!) You remember Leahy, don't you? He got an anthrax love-letter in October of 2001 and is the only Senator ever to have been told to go **** himself by the President of the Senate in front of his peers in a Senate session...

Cynthia Lynn
Pirate

Post by Cynthia Lynn » 09-29-2006 01:41 AM

Does the Magna Carta ring a bell with ANYONE in Washington, D.C.?

Yes, Joe, I watched that wonderful speech by Senator Leahy, and I've never seen him so undone.

I honestly cannot believe we are even discussing torture and habeas corpus at this point in our history.

Has anyone seen any comment about this bill "opening the door" for the arrest and detainment of U.S. citizens? There's an interesting column in the Los Angeles Times in which a Yale law professor states just that. (I'm not familiar with this writer, but if he is correct, this is probably the most radical thing I've witnessed in my lifetime.)

"The White House Warden"
http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la- ... -rightrail

mudwoman
Pirate

Post by mudwoman » 09-29-2006 02:33 AM

This has been a terribly emotional day. I was online when the news came down. I knew it was happening today. This abomination. This knife thrust deep into the gut of the Constitution. Yet nothing my mind told me had prepared me for the emotional impact of this news. It was as if the knife had been rammed into my own gut --stark, real and excruciating.

I walked to my dad's house, and asked for a hug. He is a good hugger, and I sorely needed one of his papa bear ones. I broke down and wept in the old man's arms.

This was a day I will never forget. This obscene piece of legislation has inflicted a deeper wound to our battered Republic than any terrorist attack.

Now, I sit hear in the dark of the night, alone, with Don Henley singing in my head...

While you were sleeping
They came and took it all away
The lanes and the meadows
The places where you used to play

It was an inside job
By the well-connected
Your little protest
Summarily rejected

It was an inside job
Like it always is
Chalk it up to business as usual

While we are dreaming
This little island disappears
While you are looking the other way
Theyll take your right to own your own ideas...

What else can I say? I am tired. Weak. Tomorrow I will gather what energy I have, and fight on. There is no other choice. There is nothing else to do.

S
TTTM

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 09-29-2006 02:59 AM

You may have heard that Keith Olberman of MSNBC Countdown - was sent an envelope filled with white powder? It was later analyzed, he says on his msnbc blog - as soap powder...

He has spoken out against the policies of the current administration.

Corvid
Anchors Aweigh

Post by Corvid » 09-29-2006 11:52 AM

I feel a bit numb this morning... or should I say "this mourning"?

The naive part of me (that dwindling bit) expected that the "news" media would be outraged by yesterday's senate vote.

But scarborough was still spanking Bill Clinton for his "foolish anger" at that "journalist" chris wallace.

So I put "Network" in the DVD and was (again) astounded by the depth of Paddy Chayefsky's understanding and concern.

We are living history (and repeating it) and it is a history that brings the culmination of fascist desire. If ameriKa is sufficiently populated with the self-absorbed ignorant that this assault on a nine hundred year right is deemed subordinant in the "news" to hollywood gossip and neocon spin......... we did not deserve the fruits of the "noble experiment".

We were given a Republic if we could keep it ..... we couldn't.

We did not care enough to do the work and to cope with the tough parts.

Barbie
Pirate

Post by Barbie » 09-29-2006 12:07 PM

Tuesday I took the Miata to have it washed. While sitting on a bench at the local carwash, a tall, 40-ish-appearing man in a strange, crisp uniform sat down next to me. It was obviously a brand-new uniform. The color was kahki, and the braid and trim was lime green in color. I didn't want to make my curiosity obvious, so I tried not to stare, but when his car came around to be wiped down, I noticed it had government plates (it was a white truck with a white camper shell on it, and it said Dept. of Homeland Security - Special Forces Unit - Los Angeles, CA on the side) So I turned to the gentleman and said I didn't know there was a Special Forces Unit assigned to Los Angeles on a pemanent basis, and I asked him which branch of the military he was in. He ignored me. Then I commented that his uniform was one I'd never seen before. He STILL ignored me. Finally, I said, "I'm not a terrorist, you know..." and HE said: "No ma'am... I don't know that at all." By then his vehicle was hand-dried and he picked up a small duffle bag that matched his uniform, walked to the back of the truck, opened the black-windowed camper door and as he put the small bag inside I could see there were several other (much larger) duffle bags, all with the kahki color and matching green trim. As he drove away, I made a mental note to go on-line to see if I could find the uniform. I've searched every site... haven't found one even remotely close to his. Do any of you have any idea which branch of the military handles a DHLS/Special Forces Unit?

Corvid
Anchors Aweigh

Post by Corvid » 09-29-2006 12:16 PM

That's creepy, Barb. But I fear that we shall find out what is really going on very soon..... perhaps in November.

Several years ago I visited an old friend who has a body shop. There was an armoured car there that he had painted and was placing "California Highway Patrol" decals on the sides.

It had a ring mount on top on which to place a machine gun.

The next Friday I shared this observation with an old friend at the pub. He did not believe me.

Until I showed him the picture that I had taken.

Now I know why that vehicle was ordered.

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 09-29-2006 07:26 PM

But Barbie, you are a terrorist. How did the man know? Because you did not drop to your knees and remain in the posture of submission, with your head bowed, until he left.

Doubtlessly, you will meet him again at your local police station, where you will be tied to the rack at 3 in the morning as he appears with a white-hot branding iron in his hand to facilitate his subsequent conversation with you...

Ninerism
Pirate

Post by Ninerism » 09-30-2006 12:10 PM

Barbie wrote: Tuesday I took the Miata to have it washed. While sitting on a bench at the local carwash, a tall, 40-ish-appearing man in a strange, crisp uniform sat down next to me. It was obviously a brand-new uniform. The color was kahki, and the braid and trim was lime green in color. I didn't want to make my curiosity obvious, so I tried not to stare, but when his car came around to be wiped down, I noticed it had government plates (it was a white truck with a white camper shell on it, and it said Dept. of Homeland Security - Special Forces Unit - Los Angeles, CA on the side) So I turned to the gentleman and said I didn't know there was a Special Forces Unit assigned to Los Angeles on a pemanent basis, and I asked him which branch of the military he was in. He ignored me. Then I commented that his uniform was one I'd never seen before. He STILL ignored me. Finally, I said, "I'm not a terrorist, you know..." and HE said: "No ma'am... I don't know that at all." By then his vehicle was hand-dried and he picked up a small duffle bag that matched his uniform, walked to the back of the truck, opened the black-windowed camper door and as he put the small bag inside I could see there were several other (much larger) duffle bags, all with the kahki color and matching green trim. As he drove away, I made a mental note to go on-line to see if I could find the uniform. I've searched every site... haven't found one even remotely close to his. Do any of you have any idea which branch of the military handles a DHLS/Special Forces Unit?

Barbie, as Corvid stated it: Creepy! CREEPY!! VERY CREEPY!!!
His mind-set was and is one of total ARROGANCE OF POWER, obviously, and he had no words or interest in you as a inquiring citizen! Can you imagine the sort of arrogance of power is suggested by his demeanor and the words he used in response to him that you are not a terrorist?! I am disgusted.

A friend of mine, I just called, told him about your peculiar and upsetting experience, and he told me that he had seen a van, an older DODGE VAN, parked at a Chevron service station gassing-up that vehicle, and that was in downtown Los Angeles very close to the TWIN TOWERS jail facility, central jail. On the seal on the door of the vehicle he saw DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY seal. The van was white. The driver was white, too, age unknown.

The Department of Homeland Security, as INSECURITIES sweep our land, appears to be very arrogant, have not time for 'you little people'! He does not know that you might not be a terrorist, Barbie, how's that describe their attitude?!

I hope that you call that local department and speak with a representative and inform them that their personnel need not express outright arrogance and rudeness to we the public!

Or call the local LAPD and tell them that the arrogant attitudes of those Homeland homies is very disturbing, let the local police know, too!

Ha, CALL RAMPARTS! LOL

Oh, no, I mean, CALL THE LOCAL MEDIA and tell them what happened with you, so that the public is informed that they have an ARROGANCE OF POWER-MONGERING.

That sort of power trip is going from airports to the greenies in uniform, apparently.

Those larger duffle bags to me suggest rifles of some sort. Imagine, matching duffle bags to match the uniforms, how nice.

Ninerism

Divinorumus
Pirate

Post by Divinorumus » 09-30-2006 06:33 PM

Now, it are opportunities such as that which I find delightful .. Messing with the humans, as a human, is so much fun - it's why I'm here having so much fun (ha). I've been in your military myself, and had fun messing with the civilians .. and .. I've been a civilian too, having messed with the military - ha. Now, when I bump into either, I'm neither (and that's even funnier .. ).

Anyhow, I thought them homeland security folks were what you all wanted, to keep you all protected and feeling free and safe and secure and whatever. ??? You should feel warm and comfy when you see these defenders of fenced freedom. What gives?

Return to “Politics and Government Pre-2007”