Positive Action Item for Radio Listeners

Archive - Caveat Emptor!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Fred_Vobbe
Pirate

Positive Action Item for Radio Listeners

Post by Fred_Vobbe » 12-14-2005 08:47 PM

I don't normally get too involved in politics, but because of my love for this media called "radio", and for the love of my radio listening hobby, I feel I should say something.

Kenneth C. Hill is a broadcaster, and engineer. He comes highly credentialed in the field, and has what I think is an ethical and honest approach to the public airwaves. He is seeking a position as one of the Commissioners of the F.C.C. He's not a lawyer influenced by those in the lobby.

Hill has already voiced many concerns that echo the thoughts of radio listeners. Some of which include consolidation, digital transmissions in the AM band, public services, etc. If he gets into the F.C.C., he will be a needed friend to the radio listener. However, he needs your help.

We need as many people as possible to write their U.S. Senator and ask that Kenneth C. Hill be nominated and serve as one of the F.C.C. commissioners. A simple letter stating what I just said would be enough.

Now, more than ever is the time to act, and if you sit on your hands you have nobody to blame but yourself if radio disappears and the whole nation goes pay-to play.

Please take a moment of time to just send a polite letter, or call your Senator's office and ask them to nominate and move to put Kenneth C. Hill in the F.C.C.
scientia quod ethics super ususfructus

Return to “Politics and Government Pre-2007”