Air America headed for talk-radio GRAVEYARD!

Archive - Caveat Emptor!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Paladin
Banned

Air America headed for talk-radio GRAVEYARD!

Post by Paladin » 12-02-2005 09:53 AM

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs. ... 20308/1009

This is a great article folks. My personal fave:

"...in New York City, AA's ratings are even lower than that station's previous format, which was Caribbean music."

:D

I'll keep you updated on all the implosions!
"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
- Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

Fred_Vobbe
Pirate

Post by Fred_Vobbe » 12-02-2005 12:39 PM

I would be interested in knowing what people think is the reason for sagging ratings and lackluster sales.
scientia quod ethics super ususfructus

Paladin
Banned

Post by Paladin » 12-02-2005 04:48 PM

The shrill voice of Randi Rhodes?

The banality of 98% of Al Frankens words?

The shrieking arrogance of Janine Garofalo?

I guess America doesn't want to hear on the radio a bunch of sefl-righteous windbags, blowing anti-americanism through their air waves.

Do you really want to sit through that henious woman Randi Rhodes bash America and Americans?

I sure I don't. And to the look of the ratings of the miserable network the majority of Americans don't want to either.
"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
- Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

Post by Guest » 12-02-2005 05:28 PM

Fred_Vobbe wrote: I would be interested in knowing what people think is the reason for sagging ratings and lackluster sales.

Having been a truck driver on the road for most of my adult life I have listened to alot of talk radio local and National.

It is my opinion most people listening to talk radio are in their cars and trucks etc. , Which means these are working folks. Which I believe are mostly moderate to conservatives.
Liberals stay home alot which is why I believe the Television is directed at them.

Corvid
Anchors Aweigh

Post by Corvid » 12-02-2005 09:09 PM

"Which means these are working folks. Which I believe are mostly moderate to conservatives.
Liberals stay home alot which is why I believe the Television is directed at them."

Bullsquat!

Most of the liberals are in the service..... fighting "terra" in Iraq.

The cowardly conservitives are blowing smoke up each other's skirts about how "we" should ivade Iran next.

Have a nice day. :)

DoctorTarr
Pirate

Post by DoctorTarr » 12-03-2005 03:48 AM

By and large....talk radio is very bad for your soul. Listen to a great piece of music....a book on tape...anything but talk radio..................

Post by Guest » 12-03-2005 12:20 PM

DoctorTarr wrote: By and large....talk radio is very bad for your soul. Listen to a great piece of music....a book on tape...anything but talk radio..................

I do get tired of talk radio...all of it.

I listen to SIRIUS satellite in the Truck .....not really much on there either.

I kinda like Rusty Humphries, Savage and Allen Colmes. Allen Colmes speaks alot about the tuckdrivers and high fuel prices and damn near sounds like a righty at times....an independant thinker anyway.

Rusty Humphries is an easy guy to listen to....family man with a sense of humor and pretty darn smart.

Savage I think has great stories of growing up in NewYork ....he is a great story teller. Speaks about simpler times in stunning detail.

I truly miss Art Bell and Tom Snyder.:(
Last edited by Guest on 12-03-2005 12:25 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Ninerism
Pirate

Post by Ninerism » 12-03-2005 01:45 PM

Yeah, I have an idea: It's always easier to sell honey than vinegar!

Vinegar, by the way, cleans things up in the body (-politic), too!

Metaphors are necessary at times.
Ninerism

Corvid
Anchors Aweigh

Post by Corvid » 12-03-2005 01:59 PM

Savage's REAL name is "Weiner".... such truth tellers these as.... er..... "freepers" are.

Post by Guest » 12-03-2005 02:18 PM

Corvid wrote: Savage's REAL name is "Weiner".... such truth tellers these as.... er..... "freepers" are.

How about you act your age and keep your name calling in the "politics".

Corvid
Anchors Aweigh

Post by Corvid » 12-03-2005 02:24 PM

What?

Savage's real name IS "Weiner".

You make no sense.

Post by Guest » 12-04-2005 01:03 AM

THE SAVAGE WEINER! He strikes fear in the hearts of the embedded enemies of the U.S. . LIBERALS!!!!!:p

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 12-04-2005 01:13 AM

No. Not fear. Far from it.

Disgust. Loathing. Nausea. Revulsion.

But NOT fear.

It's laughable that you would even think that, let alone post it.

And "Savage Weiner" isn't the only one who earns that sort of reaction, BTW.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Rombaldi
Call Me "Hussein"

Post by Rombaldi » 12-04-2005 01:14 AM

of course what Palidum dosen't tell you it that comes from an OPINION PIECE from MISSISSIPPI..

really objective isn't it??

by the way.. the opinion is a LIE. Flat out LIE.

the latest book for AAR in New York was a 1.3, when it was a "Caribbean music" it was a 0.3

that's a 450% increase.

yet they still lie...

Byron York wrote on NationalReview.com, "The latest radio ratings are in and they show continued bad news for Air America." But York cited only New York ratings where Air America's share held firm at a 1.2 rating, at a time that nearly all political talk in New York (and indeed the whole country) showed a decline in the first quarter of 2005. (Rush Limbaugh's ratings tanked by 25% in New York.)

AAR just blew O'Lilely off the air in Denver.

here's a few more

Air America Radio Up 140% in LA, Eating Up Rush Limbaugh's Audience

Air America Radio Making Huge Gains In Colorado

Air America Radio overtaking Rush Limbaugh in Florida

Air America Radio Buries Sean Hannity in Portland, Poised To Take Over Top Spot

Lies, Damn Lies, and Limbaugh’s Press Release About Progressive Radio

so spew all you want... AAR is here to stay and the Reich is going DOWN.
Last edited by Rombaldi on 12-04-2005 01:25 AM, edited 1 time in total.
Republican - re·pub·li·can (r-pbl-kn) - political party, which will control part of Congress 2011-2012, undermining the strength of the country - on purpose, in public, without apology or shame - simply for a campaign advantage in 2012.

Post by Guest » 12-04-2005 01:22 AM

Libs always get so angry when they're wrong. Or is it because they're always wrong. Whatever.:confused:

Return to “Politics and Government Pre-2007”