Far Reaching the Pat Act

Archive - Caveat Emptor!

Moderator: Super Moderators

tiffany
Pirate

Far Reaching the Pat Act

Post by tiffany » 07-19-2005 10:30 PM

I got a credit card pre-approved application today and turned it over (before trashing it) and to my surprise (although not really a surprise) this is what it said:

"The USA Patriot Act is a Federal law that requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. You will be asked to provide your name, address, date of birth and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask you to provide identifying documentation.":mad:

Gotrox
Pirate

Post by Gotrox » 07-20-2005 04:39 AM

Recently renewed a PO box. Tho known by postmaster for 15 years, had to provide more info than a credit app to keep my box #.

SETIsLady
Pirate

Re: Far Reaching the Pat Act

Post by SETIsLady » 07-20-2005 06:04 AM

tiffany wrote: I got a credit card pre-approved application today and turned it over (before trashing it) and to my surprise (although not really a surprise) this is what it said:

"The USA Patriot Act is a Federal law that requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. You will be asked to provide your name, address, date of birth and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask you to provide identifying documentation.":mad:

Yep Tiff...this is has been this way for a couple of years now. You can't even view an apartment to rent in Florida without showing the requested documents.

We are renting a car next month in PA and will have to show our return flight tickets, before they will let us have the car.

Papers please :(

Return to “Politics and Government Pre-2007”