In FIVE words, the ONLY reason you need to vote Democratic i

Archive - Caveat Emptor!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Rombaldi
Call Me "Hussein"

In FIVE words, the ONLY reason you need to vote Democratic i

Post by Rombaldi » 07-18-2005 06:45 PM

"Judiciary Committee Chairman John Conyers"

do it in '06 and Impeachment will be the FIRST THING THAT IS DONE.

A House/Senate majority is required.

Q.E.D.
Republican - re·pub·li·can (r-pbl-kn) - political party, which will control part of Congress 2011-2012, undermining the strength of the country - on purpose, in public, without apology or shame - simply for a campaign advantage in 2012.

Gotrox
Pirate

Post by Gotrox » 07-19-2005 04:35 AM

vote libertarian and clean out the whole mess---give all the cons and progs the boot. Or would you rather have a maj. of progs to spend till 2008 getting revenge, or a maj. of cons to continue the stranglehold.
Neither ,says I----but just my opinion.

seattlegal
Pirate

Post by seattlegal » 07-19-2005 04:49 AM

Gotrox wrote: vote libertarian and clean out the whole mess---give all the cons and progs the boot. Or would you rather have a maj. of progs to spend till 2008 getting revenge, or a maj. of cons to continue the stranglehold.

I would have to agree, Gotrox. Those who would rather play politics than focus on the real problems have to go.

fabzilla
Pirate

Post by fabzilla » 07-19-2005 04:56 AM

Like sands through the hourglass....

I agree with the two of you as well, they both must go or at least be placed within the crosshairs of a major culpability in the F'ed movement and held accountable for all their actions and betrayals of all their services.

peace...

fab
Ah drrr drrr drrr

Rombaldi
Call Me "Hussein"

Post by Rombaldi » 07-19-2005 01:03 PM

Gotrox wrote: vote libertarian and clean out the whole mess---give all the cons and progs the boot. Or would you rather have a maj. of progs to spend till 2008 getting revenge, or a maj. of cons to continue the stranglehold.

You don't have enough support and enough libertarian candidates at the house/senate level... you go right ahead and do that and hand it back to the neo-nazis...

You're trying to build a pyramid by starting at the capstone...
Republican - re·pub·li·can (r-pbl-kn) - political party, which will control part of Congress 2011-2012, undermining the strength of the country - on purpose, in public, without apology or shame - simply for a campaign advantage in 2012.

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 07-19-2005 01:10 PM

neo-nazis...
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

Rombaldi
Call Me "Hussein"

Post by Rombaldi » 07-19-2005 02:02 PM

BenSlain wrote: neo-nazis...

yes... neo-nazis . Read that link and deny it... I defy you..

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 07-19-2005 02:15 PM

You defy me?:eek:

Not reading your link.

Not arguing with you.

Just pointing out your Radical liberalism. (nazi) Still waiting on all the smoking guns to go off.

Stay calm. Stay cool. Keep an eye on the weather.
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

fabzilla
Pirate

Post by fabzilla » 07-19-2005 02:20 PM

Rombaldi wrote: You don't have enough support and enough libertarian candidates at the house/senate level... you go right ahead and do that and hand it back to the neo-nazis...

You're trying to build a pyramid by starting at the capstone...

There are more allied to the "middle" than any other sect of our society BUT by the two majors and excuses such as this given there will never be an alternative as everyone is preyed upon by the elites and the two system redundancy political choices they want and control.

There are quite a few of 'alternate" candidates that have achieved office just be associating with one of the majors because they had no other choice but their principals remain allied to their own cause, case and point is definitely Paul.

If the House and Senate as stated are the "capstone" where does this leave the Judicial and Executive???

The middle needs to force their hand desperately and break away from this divide and conquer labeling monotony that has become our domestic political scene and all its slanderous misleadings and betrayals.
Ah drrr drrr drrr

Rombaldi
Call Me "Hussein"

Post by Rombaldi » 07-19-2005 03:34 PM

fabzilla wrote: If the House and Senate as stated are the "capstone" where does this leave the Judicial and Executive???

For once, a real question....

Executive
House / Senate / Judicial
-------------------------------
Gov
State House/Senate/Sec Of State
Local Officials / Mayors / City Councils

Till you can get a FIRM HOLD on what's BELOW the line, you'll never make progress ABOVE the line.

Get more 'third party' (generic term here) in the very bottom tier.. where they can remove the impediments that third partys have now. Even if you have to run in 'stealth' mode to get past those restrictions...

Once you have that foothold, then you can move on to the State House, IN PARTICULAR Sec of State, build an 'alternative majority' there...

then, and only then, can you get an 'alternative' Gov.. when he has a BASE TO PASS legislation... without it, you have a Gov with good ideas.. and they are all shot down by the 'two parties'.

At that point, you can have many areas of a state where the 'alternative' can rise together and move to the Congress.. where they can band together... ONLY THEN can you even have a realistic chance at the President.. for the same reason as the Gov... without SUPPORT you get NOTHING DONE.

A good example of people doing it RIGHT is the Green Party.. they concentrate their efforts where they know they have a chance..

A good example of people doing it ALL WRONG, Larouche, Nader.
Last edited by Rombaldi on 07-19-2005 03:44 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 07-19-2005 04:27 PM

fabzilla wrote: If the House and Senate as stated are the "capstone" where does this leave the Judicial and Executive???

These are all bricks in the "capstone."

I agree with Rom. It simply won't work until we build the foundation (local levels, not federal) and erect the walls (state levels, not federal). Then, I'll be there with you and we can effectively vote for 3rd party candidates at the federal level because these parties will be better known by their works at the state and local levels and can then compete on a more even footing. They have to achieve a certain level of visibility before the American public--this great "middle"--will ever acknowledge them as viable candidates for federal office.

Under the present circumstances, nothing will happen by voting 3rd party at the higher levels of government except, as Rom noted, handing control back to the current controlling party, the Republicans. There is no balance at present, even between the two major parties.

I don't like it, either. But I see no other practical way. There is no quick fix. First steps first. Work to build the foundation and the walls. The 3rd parties have to GROW and become serious contenders in the eyes of the majority of the people of America. I mean that... roll up your sleeves and get to work if this is what you truly want to see happen in your lifetime, because otherwise it won't happen and you are just chasing a nice dream.

In the meantime--these are desperate times, and, in the words of a well-worn old cliche, 'desperate times call for desperate measures'--cast your vote where it will be effective to at least restore some semblance of balance in Congress. Hold your nose, close your eyes if you have to. Just do it. Please. What we desperately need at the present time is a step toward balance, and I can see no other practical, workable way at this time to achieve that than to vote in a Democratic majority in Congress in 2006. As I've said before, that is a beginning, and gives room to 1) breathe, and 2) build toward something better. I'll admit it's a stopgap measure, and there's a LOT more work to be done before we can rest, but sometimes just erecting a stopgap or plugging the dike is the best we can manage given the circumstances we have to work with.

Maybe this will help, maybe not... I've been dealing with a horrendous heat problem lately. The temperatures where I live have been soaring over 100 degrees for over a week. Now, the best solution would be to put in more insulation, a better air conditioning system or a whole-house fan, triple-pane windows, etc. But these aren't viable solutions for me at the present time. There is time and money involved, and I have to keep cool now. So, for now, I must wet down the roof, shade the windows and doors where the sun beats in, and run fans to get the cool air into the rest of the house. In the meantime, I'll work toward the better solutions. Maybe that's a bad example, but what I mean to point out is that we can only work with what have to work with at any given time toward solving a problem. Sometimes, the better solutions have to wait while we employ a temporary remedy in a desperate situation. I can't pull a better solution to my heat problem out of thin air, and neither can a 3rd party pull support of a majority of the American people out of thin air. It will take time and effort, but we'll get there, just as, in time, I'll not have to deal with wetting my roof down to keep cool--but of course, that will happen only if I work toward that goal.

I know I've more or less said all of this before, and I know there are those who don't agree, but for me, employing logic and reason can lead me to no other conclusion, and therefore, I stand firm in my conviction.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Joolz
Pirate

Re: In FIVE words, the ONLY reason you need to vote Democrat

Post by Joolz » 07-19-2005 04:32 PM

Rombaldi wrote: "Judiciary Committee Chairman John Conyers"
Rom... I just love the sound of that.;) John Conyers is the real deal, IMO. They just don't get any better from ANY party.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Rombaldi
Call Me "Hussein"

Re: Re: In FIVE words, the ONLY reason you need to vote Demo

Post by Rombaldi » 07-19-2005 04:51 PM

Joolz wrote: Rom... I just love the sound of that.;) John Conyers is the real deal, IMO. They just don't get any better from ANY party.

Joolz...

(big hug) for both your posts...

Yes, until we can get a base, we're pissing in the wind to think we can do anything in the Congress/President.

and yes, Conyers is the real thing.. a true treasure that need to be elevated to where he can accomplish good.

Like I (and you) said, when you vote, think of people like Conyers that you are INDIRECTLY voting for.

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 07-19-2005 06:01 PM

BenSlain wrote: You defy me?:eek:

Not reading your link.

Not arguing with you.

Just pointing out your Radical liberalism. (nazi) Still waiting on all the smoking guns to go off.

Stay calm. Stay cool. Keep an eye on the weather.

Good approach, Ben. ;) :D :)
racehorse

Rombaldi
Call Me "Hussein"

Post by Rombaldi » 07-19-2005 06:07 PM

racehorse wrote: Good approach, Ben. ;) :D :)

Yeah, like sticking your head in the sand...

"If I don't see it, I don't have to deal with it..."

sad.
pathetic.
predictible.

Return to “Politics and Government Pre-2007”