Where are we now going with the P&G thread?

Archive - Caveat Emptor!

Moderator: Super Moderators

CindyLouWho
Pirate

Post by CindyLouWho » 11-17-2004 07:35 PM

Joolz wrote:
Suggestion: If you are bothered by the posts in P&G, or any of the folders with a political bent, then stop using the "View Active New Posts" feature and just click on the folders that interest you. That way you won't even SEE the political posts.

Now that is the best advice I've seen yet!

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 11-17-2004 08:25 PM

;)

alaskandevil
Pirate

Post by alaskandevil » 11-17-2004 11:44 PM

Iris wrote: Tiff dear, ADevil wasn't saying you are a spammer; we all know you're not. He was saying that Rom and I are spammers.

well not really...

what I was pointing out though was that once oh say a couple years now there was a prolific poster. Now this poster was/is leaning way right in his posts. There was a loud outcry from the masses(you people) over this and that person just dissappeared.
No goodbyes just *poof*.

Now then if that person was "banned/barred/etc" for this it should be policy to carry it on..shouldnt show favoritism when your the moderator or better.

I brought that up as a point that rules are not often enforced here nor are they enforced evenly.

thats all.

oh and joolz....I wasnt saying anyone was a spammer. I never used a name. What I was trying to point out though was the spam like qualities ...mass posts in such a short period of time is like mass emails in my mailbox in a short period of time. To me and me alone( unless others thinks so) this is spam. Maybe I should have used the term spam-like but still my main point is stated above... make a rule....stick to it...enforce it fairly...

just that...play fair.

now if you still feel that I have wrongly singled out anyone here I am sorry but I never ment it that way.
which once again goes to show how words have different meanings or perceptions attached to them.
hmmmm and I could percieve your statement
As for the purpose of this thread initially, our Captain has SPOKEN. I fail to see why this issue needs to be discussed any further. At this point, it becomes nothing more than the proverbial beating of a dead horse, IMO.
as trying to end any type of dissent. Was this what you ment to say? I hope not.
Last edited by alaskandevil on 11-17-2004 11:54 PM, edited 1 time in total.
" Edited for Political Correctness "

alaskandevil
Pirate

Post by alaskandevil » 11-17-2004 11:55 PM

Iris wrote: Tiff dear, ADevil wasn't saying you are a spammer; we all know you're not. He was saying that Rom and I are spammers.

well not really...

what I was pointing out though was that once oh say a couple years now there was a prolific poster. Now this poster was/is leaning way right in his posts. There was a loud outcry from the masses(you people) over this and that person just dissappeared.
No goodbyes just *poof*.

Now then if that person was "banned/barred/etc" for this it should be policy to carry it on..shouldnt show favoritism when your the moderator or better.

I brought that up as a point that rules are not often enforced here nor are they enforced evenly.

thats all.
" Edited for Political Correctness "

Corvid
Anchors Aweigh

Post by Corvid » 11-18-2004 12:30 AM

AKD

This is the comment to which Joolz referred.

Posted by Linnea:

"Just in from http://www.unknowncountry.com according to a post here by Lord Moon. OBL has sent a message that he will detonate a nuclear device from within the heart of America, due to the election of Bush.....

So, what the hell! Just let it rip in here. Let the reader beware, and let us be as civil to each other as possible. We are all Americans - from north to south, from east to west.

God Bless America!"

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 11-18-2004 12:54 AM

AKD, I don't see how what you said refutes what I said, but whatever. I can't even think who that might have been that you're talking about, so I guess I wasn't here then.

It's always easy to sit back and complain about those that do work hard to contribute. We don't have to read anything we don't want to read, but if there's nothing new to read, then it's a real drag. So if any of you want to see more people contributing in a positive way, look no further than your own keyboard.
We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 11-18-2004 01:15 AM

AKD... I did not mention you in my post. And Corvid is correct as to what I was referring to that Linnea posted. My statements stand.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 11-18-2004 10:35 AM

alaskandevil wrote:

I wasnt saying anyone was a spammer. I never used a name. What I was trying to point out though was the spam like qualities ...mass posts in such a short period of time is like mass emails in my mailbox in a short period of time. To me and me alone( unless others thinks so) this is spam.

Well Alaska I have been doing "posts in such a short period of time". So I thought one of the people you were talking about was me. No biggie.

Let me explain how I feel since you have explained how you feel, if I may?

With the vote fraud I see, I am extremely disgusted with things that are going on with our current election system.

So in a "period of time", I research the latest information regarding this election and the status. I am looking for new information that might be informative to those feeling like me regarding this election (again) fiasco.

It is time consuming, lots of reading and then posting here.

So I surmised by your above statement that yes I was being spoken about, and probably Rom and others. If it weren't for the information we are providing, no one would have anything new to read regarding the count. (A point Iris made).

So that's it. As long as Linnea does not mind I will continue to post what I find regarding another illegal election process.

When this election counting is done and all is over, I will cease the many posts, I have been posting here. I do post in other threads and do not post as much. I post in the ORR and do post many posts sometimes, but Spike hasn't said anything.

But the problem with vote counting, is very important to me, and as I surmise others, in the P&G, so that's why I'm doing it. I don't work, and have time to do it. This is done for those who want to peruse and don't have the time (work, etc.). It is certainly not for me as I have already read the material.

I did not take you in a wrong way. I understood your main point. But if you don't like the number of posts going on here during this important time, then ignore them. They are not coming to your email box.

Have a good one Alaska.........d..........

Peace.

;) ;)

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 11-19-2004 12:15 AM

Thank you, Tiff.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

CindyLouWho
Pirate

Post by CindyLouWho » 11-19-2004 01:50 AM

tiffany wrote: When this election counting is done and all is over, I will cease the many posts, I have been posting here.

I sure HOPE not!! :(
Originally posted by tiffany
But the problem with vote counting, is very important to me, and as I surmise others, in the P&G, so that's why I'm doing it. I don't work, and have time to do it. This is done for those who want to peruse and don't have the time (work, etc.). It is certainly not for me as I have already read the material.

It sure is important, NOTHING more important in the news right now!! I personally appreciate the updates you, (and everyone) are posting here! Keep 'em coming!

It certainly isn't SPAM ... more like Filet Mignon! ;)

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 11-19-2004 04:35 PM

Joolz and Cinny {{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}

aw and okay a lil ({{{{{hugs}}}}} to you Alaskad...) ;)

swimmbadd
Pirate

Post by swimmbadd » 11-19-2004 07:56 PM

Yes Tiff, Thanks!
I appreciate you and others for bringing the crown jewels of the days pertinent stories to the board because like you said some of us don't have the time to go through it all, if had to do it by my self with out the compliments of the board here over half these stories would be missed entirely.
So keep up the good work y'all ;)

I'm sure there are others that feel the same way.

Bellisima
Pirate

Post by Bellisima » 11-19-2004 08:56 PM

I really appreciate your posts, Tiff. You're doing a great job. Thank you!
ImageA silent mouth is sweet to hear.
Irish saying

mudwoman
Pirate

Post by mudwoman » 11-19-2004 09:20 PM

I want to thank you as well, dear Tiff. It is a great service you are doing and I deeply appreciate all you are doing. It's more work than some might think, eh? ;)

~S

:D

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 11-19-2004 09:39 PM

You all are too kind. But who is the best one doing this job.....well one big guess. It's Rom of course..

Now Rom we are still waiting for the surprise.............tick tock, tick tock.........

{{{{{{{Sandy, Bell and yes you too Swimm heheh hugs..}}}}}}

Return to “Politics and Government Pre-2007”