The Real Deal on the Missing 380 Tons of Explosives Courtesy

Archive - Caveat Emptor!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Post by Guest » 10-28-2004 02:56 AM

**sigh**

napues
Pirate

Post by napues » 10-28-2004 06:09 AM

There's a monster on Maple street! No... wait.... I want my Maypo!!!!!!
:D :p :D

Faedrea
Pirate

Post by Faedrea » 10-28-2004 06:21 AM

And you're just one part of a seven or eight eyed monster.

Im so sorry Sinner, I knew you were psycho but couldnt have imagined this. Get help dude, seriously... :(
Last edited by Faedrea on 10-28-2004 06:29 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Devastated
Moderator - Hammock Expert

Post by Devastated » 10-28-2004 06:43 AM

Uh oh:(

All this because of one friggin' flamer aboard.:mad:
You don't have to believe everything that you think...

napues
Pirate

Post by napues » 10-28-2004 06:52 AM

Faedrea wrote: And you're just one part of a seven or eight eyed monster.

Im so sorry Sinner, I knew you were psycho but couldnt have imagined this. Get help dude, seriously... :(
:) Sorry but I'm not Sinner nor am I a member of the Wisconsin Freeper Corps. I was in the army though. :)

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 10-28-2004 08:04 AM

Bobcat wrote: It was to show everyone how easy it is to create an account there. Thanks for showing the forum what a deranged idiot you are.
And it's obviously too easy to start one here too...You've made your point...

CaptainBeyond
Pirate

Post by CaptainBeyond » 10-28-2004 08:26 AM

It seems best to wait a few days before commenting on"breaking news" as you can't trust the media.However,it seems now that the weapons story will go down in history like the CBS forged papers,and The New York Times and CBS are caught standing there like WILE E. COYOTE with an acme firecracker that has just blown up in their face.

:-)

Alien_UK
Pirate

Post by Alien_UK » 10-28-2004 11:20 AM

380 tons of powerful explosives

lol when are explosives not powerfull?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 10-28-2004 12:24 PM

...and today/last night?? the Pentagon came out and said their were only THREE tons of material at that site.. THREE not 350.

AND they were not exposives, but materials to manufacture them.

Its kinda like have a box of dynamite sticks - without caps and fuses -- they are just material used to manufacture an explosive.

seems they were gone even before the 103rd got there, as they found only some white powder and tire(truck) tracks...

now how about the 400,000 tons of stuff that has been destroyed?

oh well some time it will all be .. clear as mud.

Linnea

More evidence regarding the missing explosives

Post by Linnea » 10-28-2004 01:57 PM

OCtober 28th, 2004

A 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS crew in Iraq shortly after the fall of Saddam Hussein was in the area where tons of explosives disappeared, and may have videotaped some of those weapons.

The missing explosives are now an issue in the presidential debate. Democratic candidate John Kerry is accusing President Bush of not securing the site they allegedly disappeared from. President Bush says no one knows if the ammunition was taken before or after the fall of Baghdad on April 9, 2003 when coalition troops moved in to the area.

Using GPS technology and talking with members of the 101st Airborne Division, 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS has determined the crew embedded with the troops may have been on the southern edge of the Al Qaqaa installation, where the ammunition disappeared. The news crew was based just south of Al Qaqaa, and drove two or three miles north of there with soldiers on April 18, 2003.

During that trip, members of the 101st Airborne Division showed the 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS news crew bunker after bunker of material labelled "explosives." Usually it took just the snap of a bolt cutter to get into the bunkers and see the material identified by the 101st as detonation cords.

"We can stick it in those and make some good bombs." a soldier told our crew.

Full story here, with photographs of the containers of explosives:

http://www.kstptv5.com/article/stories/ ... tml?cat=64

swimmbadd
Pirate

Post by swimmbadd » 10-28-2004 03:37 PM

Good find Linnea and there this

VIENNA, Austria (AP) -- The U.N. nuclear agency said Thursday it warned the United States about the vulnerability of explosives stored at Iraq's Al-Qaqaa military installation after another facility - Iraq's main nuclear complex - was looted in April 2003.

Melissa Fleming, a spokeswoman for the International Atomic Energy Agency, told The Associated Press that U.S. officials were cautioned directly about what was stored at Al-Qaqaa, the main high explosives facility in Iraq.

Some 377 tons of high explosives - HMX and RDX and PETN - are now missing from the facility, and questions have arisen about what the United States knew about Al-Qaqaa and what it did to secure the site.

Iraqi officials say the materials were taken amid looting sometime after the fall of Baghdad to U.S. forces on April 9, 2003, though the Pentagon is suggesting the ordnance could have been moved by Saddam Hussein's regime before the United States invaded on March 20, 2003.

Fleming did not say which officials were notified or exactly when, but she said the IAEA - which had put storage bunkers at the site under seal just before the war - alerted the United States after the Tuwaitha nuclear complex was looted.

"After we heard reports of looting at the Tuwaitha site in April 2003, the agency's chief Iraq inspectors alerted American officials that we were concerned about the security of the high explosives stored at Al-Qaqaa," she told the AP.

"It is also important to note that this was the main high explosives storage facility in Iraq, and it was well-known through IAEA reports to the Security Council," Fleming said.
More here
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/I/ ... CTION=HOME

Note at the bottom of the story
"and they returned in August 2003 to take inventory of several tons of natural uranium that had been stored there. They have not been allowed back to Al-Qaqaa."

Has any one heard that this is missing as well?
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!

Return to “Politics and Government Pre-2007”