GOP Candidate supports EXECUTION of GAYS

Archive - Caveat Emptor!

Moderator: Super Moderators

CaptainBeyond
Pirate

Post by CaptainBeyond » 10-26-2004 06:04 AM

Mercury,your labeling of Cristians in this manner is no different than someone who labels all muslims as terrorists.

I have read many of your posts,and you seem more willing to jump on the backs of Christians than Muslims because of your political beliefs.Just how do you think Muslims treat homosexuals?How do you think they treat women?

Yes Christians have their problems with fanatics,but most people aren't fanatics,and despite many flaws,most Christians are decent people.

You would do well to remember that in a strict Muslim country,women can't even vote,and are totally subserviant to the men,and homosexuals are killed for their offense to Allah.

A true Christian is supposed to love all humanity.Sure there are ignorant people involved in Christianity,some of them even dance around and hold rattlesnakes in the name of GOD,and they are merely ignorant people.All people need do is follow the teachings of Jesus,not the church.Master Jesus taught us to love they neighbor as thyself.If we all did just that,we would all get along.

All major religions were based somewhat in fact,but were overtaken by man and corrupted to gain power and control.Our mission should not be to destroy religion,but to point out the flaws in it and work to come to some agreement on basics like civility,respect,tolerance, and forgivness.There are many flaws,misconceptions etc in all major religions,and we should work to not destroy them,but rather to enlighten them.

:-)

Mercury
Pirate

Post by Mercury » 10-26-2004 11:04 AM

CaptainB said: "I have read many of your posts,and you seem more willing to jump on the backs of Christians than Muslims because of your political beliefs.Just how do you think Muslims treat homosexuals?How do you think they treat women?"

We don't live in a Muslim country. Nor do we live on Mars.

Neither Muslims nor Martians really affect our legislative process much, so they rarely factor into my discussions of domestic politics. (Orthodox Albanians don't play much of role in what I write either.)

HERE in the USA, we have "christians*"- And just as the Muslim Taliban should have been resisted in Afghanistan, the Christian Taliban here (like this Pastor running for office) should be exposed and resisted too.

Sorry, but they are not decent people.

* (By "christians" I don't mean Catholics or Protestants, Lutherans, Methodists, Episcopalians, etc... I mean the fake fundi american made-up holy roller sects that someone cooked up in their garage 15-yrs ago --- you know, the ones with names like "3rd Church of Christian fellowship" or "Christian Assemblies of Jesus" or Christian whatever. They are not mainstream and I won't pretend they are)
Last edited by Mercury on 10-26-2004 11:31 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Tobor the Great
Pirate

Post by Tobor the Great » 10-26-2004 12:17 PM

CaptainBeyond wrote:
You would do well to remember that in a strict Muslim country,women can't even vote,and are totally subserviant to the men,and homosexuals are killed for their offense to Allah.

And YOU would do well to remember that in strict "Christian" communities all of these things are advocated and would be put into function the first second that reasonable "secular" law was done away with.

There are terrifying similarities between Christian extremists and Muslim extremists. There is not much difference in thier treatment of women or Gays.

Quit pretending that there is.
Last edited by Tobor the Great on 10-26-2004 12:30 PM, edited 1 time in total.

CaptainBeyond
Pirate

Post by CaptainBeyond » 10-27-2004 07:54 AM

Yeah,if you believe all your tripe,try and say it in a Muslim country.See how far you get with your criticisms.

There is quite a difference.All religions are flawed,but some are moreso than others.The Muslim world still lives in the dark ages when barbarians ruled the land.The suggestion that Christian s treat women very similar to how Muslims treat their women is ridicilous to the point of laughable.

Mercury
Pirate

Post by Mercury » 10-27-2004 08:03 AM

CaptainB,
again you keep trying to shift the discussion to the Muslim world. I DON'T LIVE IN THE MUSLIM WORLD. And frankly I don't care whether they make their people wear PANCAKES and a TEAPOT on their heads!... let them sort it out themselves. Or not.

I DO CARE, however, about what goes on HERE in the USA. And these fundi nuts like the good pastor in the news item at the top of this thread need to be stood up to. They are not decent people no matter how much they attempt to wrap themselves in the mantle of god.
Last edited by Mercury on 10-27-2004 08:05 AM, edited 1 time in total.

daboodaddy
Pirate

Post by daboodaddy » 10-27-2004 08:52 AM

Question EVERYTHING, even your OWN thoughts.
A "Daboodaddyism"

CindyLouWho
Pirate

Post by CindyLouWho » 10-27-2004 01:37 PM

YUK! This is such a shameful embarrassment!

It is exactly these types of fundamental "Christians" who give decent Christians a bad name. Rightwing fundi's certainly do NOT follow the teachings of Christ ... they follow their interpretation of the Old Testament of the Bible ... FAR from Christianity.

CaptainBeyond
Pirate

Post by CaptainBeyond » 10-27-2004 09:55 PM

My point was that there are very few who support such views,and a good many decent Christian people in this country.

While it may have been unintentional,your post appeared to lump all those of the Christian faith into a general category of ignorance and hatred.I really don't think most people are like that.

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 10-28-2004 12:52 AM

CindyLouWho wrote: YUK! This is such a shameful embarrassment!

It is exactly these types of fundamental "Christians" who give decent Christians a bad name. Rightwing fundi's certainly do NOT follow the teachings of Christ ... they follow their interpretation of the Old Testament of the Bible ... FAR from Christianity.
Exactly! The Republican party sure runs some DANGEROUS dingbats!

Edited to add this that a friend just sent me:

A squad of Marines drove up the highway between Basra and Baghdad. They came upon an Iraqi soldier badly injured and unconscious. Nearby on the opposite side of the road was an American Marine in a similar state, but he was alert. As first aid was given to both soldiers, they asked the Marine what had happened.

The Marine responded, "I was heavily armed and moving north along the highway.
Coming south was a heavily armed Iraqi soldier".

"What happened then?" the corpsman asked.

"Well, I told him Saddam Hussein and his henchmen were miserable pieces of ****, and then he said that the whole Bush administration were miserable pieces of ****."

"Well? Then what?" asked the medic.

"We were shaking hands when the truck hit us."
Last edited by Iris on 10-28-2004 12:58 AM, edited 1 time in total.
We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

Ninerism
Pirate

Post by Ninerism » 10-28-2004 01:49 AM

Iris wrote: Exactly! The Republican party sure runs some DANGEROUS dingbats!

Edited to add this that a friend just sent me:

A squad of Marines drove up the highway between Basra and Baghdad. They came upon an Iraqi soldier badly injured and unconscious. Nearby on the opposite side of the road was an American Marine in a similar state, but he was alert. As first aid was given to both soldiers, they asked the Marine what had happened.

The Marine responded, "I was heavily armed and moving north along the highway.
Coming south was a heavily armed Iraqi soldier".

"What happened then?" the corpsman asked.

"Well, I told him Saddam Hussein and his henchmen were miserable pieces of ****, and then he said that the whole Bush administration were miserable pieces of ****."

"Well? Then what?" asked the medic.

"We were shaking hands when the truck hit us."

CHUCKLES hits me good.
Ninerism

Ninerism
Pirate

Post by Ninerism » 10-28-2004 01:55 AM

CaptainBeyond wrote: My point was that there are very few who support such views,and a good many decent Christian people in this country.

While it may have been unintentional,your post appeared to lump all those of the Christian faith into a general category of ignorance and hatred.I really don't think most people are like that.

Cap'nbeyond, were you personally upset when Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson sought to use the deaths of the thousands of people killed in the New York terrorist assaults of September Eleventh, 2001, and they stated something to the effect that God's wrath came to visit New York residents because of so many homosexuals in New York? That's the sort of dangerous rhetoric that all good people do oppose, isn't it, and those sorts of monkeys such as ROBERTSON and FALWELL ought to be condemned in public, and not forgotten, either. Their remarks were so offensive that many survivors of those killed in the attacks were outraged, because they felt that FALWELL and ROBERTSON were using their own personal pain to lump GUILT and blame upon gay people. Is this really what you support? I am certain it is not, but you don't need to provide us with explanations about MUSLIMS, when we are speaking about and addressing the fanatical christian fundies among us.

Ninerism

CaptainBeyond
Pirate

Post by CaptainBeyond » 10-28-2004 07:59 AM

Yes Nine,I was offended,and did not and will not defend them.There are however many average folks in America,the good old mom and pop types who identify as Christians.These people are not filled with hate and bigotry.

There are always the fringe radicals in any group,but don't dismiss the other decent people with them.

Bt the very same standards,you can't say every Muslim is a terrorists.There are many Muslims who hate America and want to do us harm,but there are also many moderate Muslims who merely want to practice their faith and be left alone.

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 10-29-2004 01:18 AM

Glad I could put a twinkle in your eye, Niner.

Adults realize there is the occasional nutcase in every religion and political party. Nothing really noteworthy there. Of course, nobody in their right mind would ever stick up for such a sick human being.

The remarkable point of this article is that the Republican party is actually endorsing this guy by putting him on their ticket.

What in the world gives with that?

But then, come to think of it, they have GWB on their ticket.

Never mind.
We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

Return to “Politics and Government Pre-2007”