Vote Pairing

Archive - Caveat Emptor!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Conspiracy Theorist
Pirate

Vote Pairing

Post by Conspiracy Theorist » 10-17-2004 09:58 AM

I'm sure you all remember the Nader-Trader movement in 2000. This time, it seems a bit more organized. If, for example, you are a Nader supporter in my state...Florida...but it's also important to you to get Bush out, you can now be paired with a voter in a "safe" state where Kerry has no chance. A Kerry supporter in a state like Indiana or Utah where Bush is assured a win, will agree to vote for Nader, and you can agree to vote for Kerry. That way, Nader doesn't lose his national vote, and you don't get blamed for helping to throw a critical state like Florida or Ohio into Bush's column.

Go to http://votepair.org/

They arrange the pairing for you. Please pass this on to everyone.

bluejello4
Pirate

Post by bluejello4 » 10-17-2004 10:05 AM

Just saw this on a news bit. Very interesting.

I do feel sad for all the voters in states where they have no chance to win. To me it's almost as if they don't matter. That's gotta be discouraging.

I'll be voting in New Mexico tho...so I guess Kerry needs my vote here ;)

Devastated
Moderator - Hammock Expert

Post by Devastated » 10-18-2004 07:31 AM

Sauce for the goose can be sauce for the gander, no? The same thing will work in reverse? Or am I missing something. I'm not very good at math.:o
You don't have to believe everything that you think...

Conspiracy Theorist
Pirate

Post by Conspiracy Theorist » 10-18-2004 10:16 AM

Devastated wrote: Sauce for the goose can be sauce for the gander, no? The same thing will work in reverse? Or am I missing something. I'm not very good at math.:o

Yeah...actually, you're right. A Bush supporter, for example, can trade his vote with a Libertarian or American Independant on that site. It's just that the Kerry/Nader supporters are making more use of the service.

Return to “Politics and Government Pre-2007”